Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Another Day in Paradise: 30 Postcards (Anne Taintor)
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports

Format: Cards|Change

on November 28, 2006
Ah, another day in the domestic paradise of the mid twentieth century woman. Cleaning, laundry and shopping to do, dinner to make - it's a good thing Anne Taintor is here to tell us what's really going on in those (now) unfathomably cheesy adverts from the 1940s-60s. The photos are artful and quaint, but it is the captions that are the showcase of this set. The captions are cleverly turned with a healthy dose of mild, PG13 sarcasm and poke fun at society's portrayals of the female domestic role without sounding bitter. Highly recommended for that witty, sarcastic and only slightly jaded special someone you may know.
on February 10, 2009
Bought these for my wife. They are hilarious! Some are risqué and some mean-spirited; but the majority will have you laughing out loud. My wife puts them in a frame in the kitchen and changes the cards periodically. Ours however arrived damaged but still usable.
on August 7, 2013
First of all, I vehemently disagree with a previous review that these are not sturdy enough to mail - I don't know if the person who posted the review in question received the same set but the ones I received are exceptional quality cardstock and far superior to most other types of postcards I've seen. Even the "pocket" or cardboard "box" they come in is very sturdy, as one would expect from Chronicle Books (I've got many of their products and they seldom disappoint).

I also really love that they have rounded edges, which makes them more unique - and I personally prefer this set over the other Anna Taintor set I also purchased at the same time, I Feel A Sin Coming On.

Please note that if you are not familiar with Anna Taintor and are thinking of purchasing these because you are interested in vintage/retro style cards, I would suggest a Google search first, as her particular style and sense of humor is not for everyone.

Personally, I would highly recommend especially this set for anyone who loves Anna Taintor products, retro anything, looking for a cool gift, fun postcards or even inserts for junk journals and smash books - you really can't go wrong with this set!!
on December 15, 2014
I had selected these because a friend had some Anne Taintor magnets and the sayings were funny. But the sayings on these postcards were not as funny as the magnets I'd seen. Oh well. I won't use them myself, but will give them as a gift and hope my friend finds the sayings more entertaining. The quality of the cards are good.
on September 26, 2013
These postcards are not only so funny but they totally can be appreciated by any woman with a great sense of humor. I used them at my bridal shower and the guests got a great laugh. Absolutely love Anne Taintor, she is brilliant!
on January 29, 2015
We absolutely love these. I have so many pieces. Bought one for myself and one as a Christmas present. Mom loves it too. Like mother like daughter I guess :)
I plan on doing a giant framed picture for an entry way to the mancave. Love it!

FYI I also purchased the pack "I feel a sin coming on" so she could gave two packs and I'm happy to report only two had been exactly the same ones...which was awesome! Buy both if you want, definitely worth it!
on June 17, 2015
We bought these in addition to another collection called "I Feel a Sin Coming On"...The humor is great, the cards are good sized, the photos are pretty and we really enjoy sending these to people for a "just because" or Postcrossing trade.
on February 21, 2015
Very thick and funny! The paper is great quality for sending post. They are so funny I want to keep them all! Some have swear words, but they can still be used for crafting. I really like the quality of the cards I mailed 3 to friends already!
on February 13, 2016
Love these postcards! They're great for a quick note to send to someone to bring a smile. Pretty nice variety; granted, there are probably a few that I won't use because I think they're a little too sharp/biting, but mostly they are very funny. Good quality, substantial feel to them, nice pigmentation. This is the third time I've ordered these - highly recommend.
on April 4, 2012
I love the "sass" in the Anne Taintor line. I bought this set of 30 postcards because it's so humorus and quirky and fun to send; plus at this price it's half of what postcards cost individually at the gift shops. There are 30 different designs all are color glossy images with a funny message and nostaglic scene. Anne Taintor puts a new fun twist on ideas and these are a delight to send or keep on the fridge, bulletin board or file cabinets. I am glad amazon carries this line as I also have her daily planner and wall calender as well. This makes a perfect gift to another female whom loves scarcasm. 5 stars.