- Audible Audio Edition
- Listening Length: 5 hours and 52 minutes
- Program Type: Audiobook
- Version: Unabridged
- Publisher: Random House Audio
- Audible.com Release Date: May 20, 2014
- Whispersync for Voice: Ready
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00K56XV3C
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Another Great Day at Sea: Life Aboard the USS George H.W. Bush Audible – Unabridged
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
1. Mr. Dyer is high maintenance!!! He was absolutely appalled at the ideal of sleeping in a room with someone else (seriously, you are crammed on a ship with 5,500 people, a two man stateroom is a luxury) let alone going to he head (bathroom) with someone else.
2. Mr. Dyer has no clue about the military (he actually thought the ship had a bar, places to play ping pong or Badminton). While this may seem trivial to me it shows how he really did not prepare at all for this assignment, basically all he cared about was getting a single man stateroom and I guess he would figure out everything else when he landed. If he actually cared to know what he was getting himself into a quick google or youtube search would have answered all his questions.
3. The food is terrible and apparently he complained enough to where he finally got to eat with the Captain and have the CO's chief make him some food.
4. Apparently he was quasi stalking a married enlisted mechanic, he mentions her numerous times in the book, the be honest its a little creepy to read and seems more like page filler (I hope to god she never reads this book)
Overall Mr. Dyer did nothing for this great ship or its crew by writing this book. From an insiders perspective (I actually helped host a few Distinguished Visitors (DV'S) during my tour) Mr.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
A interesting on eweek experience on a giant aircraft carrier where the writer, Geoff Dyer, an Englishman, was permitted to explore the ship and learn about it's crew and how it... Read morePublished 7 days ago by D. J. Singer
Although the author's time aboard the carrier was voluntary, one would have thought it was surely not. Read morePublished 22 days ago by Amazon Customer
From a mom with a child that has been on a couple of carriers Dyer made the unimaginable...imaginable. A great and funny ride.Published 1 month ago by Lucille Newell
I must admit I bought this book having many reservations because I had read a lot of negative reviews. Read morePublished 4 months ago by Dimitrios
I'm a big Dyer fan and looked forward to this book immensely. I am somewhat disappointed although I acknowledge he takes us deeply into the routines and cultural norms of a world... Read morePublished 6 months ago by Kate Parrick
It's a chronicle, not a novel, so don't expect character development or technical detail. If you go in with this expectation, it's a great descriptive article! Read morePublished 9 months ago by Seniorita
I have read hundreds of books from Amazon and this is my first review, as it had to serve as a warning! This book turned out to be a huge disappointment! Read morePublished 9 months ago by Jon Jamieson
Most of the reviews of this book on Amazon, including virtually all of the negative reviews, treat "Another Great Day at Sea" as a book about an aircraft carrier. Read morePublished 11 months ago by Neurasthenic
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Arts & Photography > Photography & Video > Photojournalism & Essays > Photo Essays
- Books > Engineering & Transportation > Engineering > Marine Engineering
- Books > Engineering & Transportation > Transportation > Ships > Pictorial
- Books > Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Writing > Journalism & Nonfiction
- Books > Travel > Specialty Travel > Adventure