Industrial Deals Beauty MagazinestoInspire STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite uncharted Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 72 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 105 reviews
on July 31, 2013
Enjoyable book. Ms. Stover takes us on a journey through time, hardships of the past and future. Luke and Sofia travel to the late 1800's, meet new friends and deal with the struggle of survival in that time. The main characters were individuals that had a lot to offer their friends in the past as well as one another. The surprise of Sofia' s identity was definitely worth it. I loved the ending. (Nope won't spoil it) Enjoy this story, once I started it I finished it within 24 hours.
on March 9, 2013
I liked the characters of Luke and Sofie and the time travel aspect, but I wish more of the time travel would have come into play. Also, I felt like the bad guys were invented on the spot by the author when she needed them. There was no real motive for why they did the things they did.

I guess what saved the book for me was that I really liked Luke and the situation he found himself in where he was caught between a rock and a hard place. (Oops! No pun intended!)
on October 19, 2012
"Another Dawn" is my favorite of Deb Stover's many wonderful books. It has everything a good time-travel romance should have: a lovely heroine and strong hero who end up in a time that isn't their own, but despite all the difficulties of being suddenly thrust back in time over a hundred years, they manage to fall in love. The method of time-travel is the most interesting and unusual I've ever read. Don't want to spoil it for you, but read it--you won't be sorry.
on December 4, 2012
ANOTHER DAWN is the perfect title for this wonderful book. I loved this time travel and all its characters. ANOTHER DAWN is funny, sad, scary, mysterious, very romantic, and it's hard to put down! My favorite part was the brick wall. I won't write any spoilers, but I will say that I LOVE the way Ms. Stover used a brick wall!
on July 5, 2014
This is a very interesting plot that certainly kept me engaged except for all the sexual lust. I love the story line and just skipped all the sexual stuff. Very intriguing.
on February 12, 2014
A love that reached across century's ....I expected it to end one way and was surprised when it ended another. It was a delightful book, leaving you wishing for a love that knew no boundaries !
on March 23, 2013
I really enjoyed this story. All the characters seemed so real and believable. It was an interesting story idea. I enjoyed the tortured waiting the two characters endured before making their way to a future that was meant for them. An interesting time travel story to be sure.
on September 12, 2013
From the beginning, this appears to be a heartbreaking tale but it soon changes into a very mysterious story involving a man and woman who are irresistibly drawn to each other and into a surprising life of adventure
on February 26, 2013
The premise of Another Dawn is interesting- that a condemned man and the MD who was there to pronounce him dead are both mysteriously sent back in time by an explosion that takes place just as he's being electrocuted. He has memory, she doesn't. After that, it all falls apart. He pretends to be a priest, and they still lust after each other, coming close to having sex over and over and over. As a Catholic, although a Liberal, and well-aware of the humanity of us all, I couldn't get past the idea that the reason people enjoy the book is that the don't believe that men can be celibate, and the lascivious descriptions of erections under a cassock just proved them correct. The author ignores the amount of identification necessary to get into a jail or prison. The author gives no reason for the extreme hatred of the Warden for Luke. The author ignores the fact that if someone had felt the eminent of electricity going through his body as she says goes through his body, there would have been biological,damage beyond repair...she doesn't need a medical degree, just a description of what people who get hit by lightening go through. The return to the current time is fantastical, and unsatisfying, and by the time I got to the happily ever after, I was sorry I'd started. I won't read another of this author's books
on March 7, 2013
This is now one of my favorite books. Could not put this one down and I am not a fan of books over 200 pages ( I like them short and sweet ) So I was happy I did not notice how long this one was until I started reading it. To good to stop. The main characters flowed so nicely together and there were secondary characters with some real stories behind them as well. Deb stover has won another fan in me I purchased several more of her books after reading this one. It is a real winner.