Anova Culinary Sous Vide Precision Cooker | WiFi + Bluetooth | 900W (Discontinued)
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||14.75 x 2.75 x 2.75 inches|
|Item Weight||2.5 Pounds|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Anova precision cooker Wi-Fi - perfect to cook from anywhere with Wi-Fi. Serves up to 12. Fits on any pot. Adjustable clamp
- Cook like a Pro - the Enova precision cooker allows anyone to cook a restaurant-quality meal at home. Our sous vide Circulator is the perfect kitchen appliance for hands-off cooking of vegetables, meat and much more with consistent control and precision. We're so confident in our product Enova backs it with a 2-year
- Perfect results, every time - Precision cooking enables you to produce results that are impossible to achieve through any other cooking method. No dry edges and no rare centers. Juices and flavors don’t escape. Food comes out perfectly moist and tender. Continuous temperature control provides reliable and consistent results, every time. Perfect for vegetables, meat, fruit, cheese and much more
- Smart device control & cooking notifications - the precision cooker can be controlled remotely with smart devices, allowing you to escape from the kitchen while you cook. Simply download the Enova app to easily monitor, adjust or control the device from your iPhone android or other smart devices. The precision cooker also provides you cooking notifications while you're out of the kitchen so you'll know when your food is ready. The precision cooker's Wi-Fi connection allows you to control the device from anywhere
- Easy to use - simply attach the precision cooker to any pot, add water, drop in desired food in a sealed bag or glass jar. Start cooking with the touch of a button. The sous vide cooker's timer and precise temperature control allow you to step away and relax while your food cooks perfectly. No additional equipment needed
- Get creative with 1, 000+ recipes - choose from sous vide guides and recipes created for home cooks of every skill level by award-winning chefs, With simple directions to walk through each recipe with ease. All available free of charge. Great for beginner and veteran chefs!
- Simple to clean - the precision cooker's detachable stainless steel skirt and disks are dishwasher safe making this kitchen appliance easy to clean and maintain. Temperature range - 0 to 92 degree celsius
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Cooking the perfect meal is easier than ever
Attach the Anova Precision Cooker to any water-filled pot.
Set the time and temperature either manually on the device, or through the Anova Culinary app.
Put food in a ziplock bag, drop the bag into the water and clip it to the side of the pot.
Food is ready to eat out of the bag. Some people like to finish their cook by searing, throwing it on the grill, or by broiling it to give a nice look and a crispy outer layer.
Get results that are impossible to achieve through any other cooking method
See consistent results every time because your food is cooked and held at a precise temperature.
Voice-Controlled Cooking with Alexa
'How would you like it?'
Anova is the only sous vide device that allows you to set and control your foods time and temperature manually on the cooker, through an app, or by voice. Use Amazon Alexa to:
- Ask Anova to cook a steak
- Ask Anova how long my food has been cooking
- Ask Anova to heat the water to 129 degrees
Get out of the kitchen with the Anova app
The Anova app lets you manage your cook remotely, so you can spend less time tied to the kitchen and more time with loved ones. Start your cook through the Anova app, monitor the status of your food, and come back when you're ready to eat.
- Recipe discovery: 1000+ step-by-step recipes from award-winning chefs
- Guided cooking: Choose your preferred level of doneness and press start to cook
- Cook notifications: Stay up-to-date on your cooking status without being in the kitchen
- Recipe Sharing: Share your favorite recipes with friends directly through the app
- Video tutorials: Cook select recipes with video tutorials to guide you from seasoning to searing
- Do not submerge cooker in water above the fill line
- The cooker's detachable stainless steel skirt and disk are dishwasher safe
- To clean the cooker, wipe with a soft, damp cloth
It’s simple, yet powerful, flexible and accurate
Technical Specifications :
- Temp Range: 77°F to 210°F ± 0.01°F / 25°C to 99°C ± 0.01°C
- Pump Speed: 1 - 1.2 GPM 7-8 LPM
- Directional Pump: 360 Degree
- Tank Capacity: 4-5 Gallons / 15-19 Liters
- Timer: 99 Hours
- Safety: Bi-Metal Fuse
- Power Input: 110-120VAC
- Heating Power: 900W
The Anova precision cooker makes it easy to achieve professional-level cooking results at home. To use, simply attach the cooker to any water-filled pot, put your food in a sealable bag, and set the time and temperature. The precision cooker heats and circulates the water to a precise temperature, cooking food to an exact temperature which creates maximum tenderness and moisture retention (without worry of overcooking). The Anova precision cooker connects to your phone, so you can cook amazing meals by the touch of a button -- spend less time tied to the kitchen by relying on the app to notify you when your food is ready to Eat.
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The device is great on paper. The actual part that does the immersion cooking is as far as I can tell, flawless.
Unfortunately, the wifi version is hobbled by TERRIBLE FIRMWARE
1. If you have a 2.4ghz/5ghz mixed network, don't expect it to connect properly.
2. If you have any special characters in your network password (IE, a more secure password), don't expect it to connect properly.
3. If you expect these problems to be fixed in the future, don't. I've talked to Anova support and the device is not firmware flashable.
This means that if you run a WiFi access point where it uses 5ghz 2.4 ghz mixed mode and does not allow you to disable the 5ghz channel, such as certain UniFi products, you are out of luck. I even tried setting the UniFi access point to it's lowest power setting for 5ghz band and taking the anova out of range of 5ghz to pair to 2.4ghz, and no luck whatsoever.
I did not attempt to change my wifi password.. that's the line for me. I'm not going to lower the security of my network to accommodate a single device. Besides that, I'd have to go and change the wifi password on about 100 devices throughout my house. Not worth it.
Speaking of not worth it, the WiFi version of the device is 55 dollars more than the bluetooth version. That's 55 dollars for a function that only works under certain conditions.
I feel like this is an issue with a firmware developer simply writing sloppy wifi connection code somewhere in the process. Probably a few lines where the password is not encapsulated in quotes.
The wifi feature has great potential with home automation software and smart home integration, and the possibility of linking to google home, while not needed, is cool. Unfortunately the same people that are most likely to use these kinds of features are the type who will have a secure wifi password and a 5ghz band.
Now here's something interesting for the more technically minded people.... All of the above is based on their troubleshooting suggestions, their advice for getting the thing to connect to wifi. My evidence shows that none of that is actually the problem.
The thing is, the device actually does connect to the wifi, according to the DHCP logs on my server. It connects but then will not register that it's connected. Sloppy code somewhere is keeping the connection process from finishing. I'm not sure if it's in the smartphone app, or the firmware of the device itself. See below:
Dec 5 21:25:14 dhcpd DHCPACK on 192.168.5.11 to f0:fe:6b:65:f7:80 via vmx0
Dec 5 21:25:14 dhcpd DHCPREQUEST for 192.168.5.11 (192.168.0.1) from f0:fe:6b:65:f7:80 via vmx0
Dec 5 21:24:54 dhcpd DHCPACK on 192.168.5.11 to f0:fe:6b:65:f7:80 via vmx0
Dec 5 21:24:54 dhcpd DHCPREQUEST for 192.168.5.11 (192.168.0.1) from f0:fe:6b:65:f7:80 via vmx0
Dec 5 21:23:43 dhcpd DHCPACK on 192.168.5.11 to f0:fe:6b:65:f7:80 via vmx0
Dec 5 21:23:43 dhcpd DHCPREQUEST for 192.168.5.11 (192.168.0.1) from f0:fe:6b:65:f7:80 via vmx0
Dec 5 21:23:23 dhcpd DHCPACK on 192.168.5.11 to f0:fe:6b:65:f7:80 via vmx0
Dec 5 21:23:23 dhcpd DHCPREQUEST for 192.168.5.11 (192.168.0.1) from f0:fe:6b:65:f7:80 via vmx0
Dec 5 21:23:23 dhcpd DHCPOFFER on 192.168.5.11 to f0:fe:6b:65:f7:80 via vmx0
Dec 5 21:23:23 dhcpd DHCPDISCOVER from f0:fe:6b:65:f7:80 via vmx0
As you can see, the device is making it past the wifi connection process, using the correct password, and then looking for a DHCP address (Which I have statically assigned to 192.168.5.11.) The fact that the device does that, and then doesn't realize it's done it, and then goes through the wifi connection process again (and again, and again) until it errors out shows that the problem is badly designed firmware or software.
I'm going to attempt to return the device and get the bluetooth version, or maybe look at another product with proper wifi integration. Such a shame! It's a great little product!
Edit: I'd like to add that I offered to their support person to consult pro bono with their development and engineering department, and the request was not even acknowledged. The support department is a joke.
I soon was soon extremely disappointed by this machine, not necessarily for its cooking ability but more for what the product is advertised to do. I sought out the WiFi model due to the fact I could initiate cooking without having to be home. This is considered the premium mode and the cost reflects a more well polished unit. Unfortunately this is not the case. This WiFi model is extent buggy and the app is in the same ballpark. I tried for the better part of an hour to configure my Anova cooker to my WiFi to only be informed by the tech a day later that the Anova will not accept a WiFi password with special characters... And in essence I would need to weaken my home network to properly connect my cooker! When I questioned the method to the tech and re-confirmed his instructions I was given this obvious scripted response.
“ Sorry, while the Precision Cooker is a beast in cooking, it can only read numbers and letters.
We have taken note of this concern and we are planning on updating this feature for future devices. We understand that security is very important, and will work towards supporting stronger WI-FI passwords.”
It was then followed up by this, “ Sorry, the current model won't be updated to handle stronger password. This will be available for the models coming out later this year.
You can still use the cooker via Bluetooth or with manual controls. If you're not satisfied with your purchase you can also opt to return your unit if the purchase was made in the last 60 days.
May I have your order number please?”
So if your interested in this cooker and would like the full functionality to work without compromising your home network wait and I’m sure you’ll have to shell out more cash for the new and “improved” model.... I will be seeking my needs from a company that puts a little more thought and care into the end user experience and safety.
Top reviews from other countries
- Easy to use. Put it in a plastic bag, set the temp + time and away you go. Perfect meat every time.
- App for the most part is easy to use. Comes with recipes that you can browse for the most popular meats and dishes.
- Great for meal prep, cooking while you're aware from the house. You can control everything remotely.
- Plastic baggies usage - if you don't like putting your food in plastic because of concerns around plastic leeching into the food, this probably isn't for you. There are workarounds with silicon baggies, glass containers etc., but the plastic bags still seem to work best. Easier, less maintenance, and doesn't smell after a while. With glass containers, you most likely have to fill it up with oil and I don't like the idea of soaking my steak or other foods in oil.
- App can be improved upon. Recipes are still relatively scarce. You'll find better recipes on youtube and online on how to maximize usage of your sous vide cooker.
- WIFI/ pairing only works with 1 device at a time. You cannot pair your phone and tablet to the sous vide at the same time. This is a BIG bummer for me and I hope they fix it with a software update. Not being able to start the sous vide on my phone and then monitor on my ipad is inconvenient. I often use both devices interchangeably. Unpairing it is also hard. You need to forget the device, and set the other one up all over again. Very annoying.
- WIFI not easy to set up. It took me a good 30 minutes to set up the WIFI. I had to get really close to the router, then keeping trying over and over again before it paired. Still don't know why the device sometimes pics up the signal and sometimes doesn't. Once it's paired though, it works fine. Unless you encounter the above issue of switching devices.
Despite a few minor gripes with the machine, I still love it. It's convenient and I love love love the steaks it's able to produce with minimal effort. I treated my family to some dinner this weekend and they all agreed the steak I cooked was better than any restaurant steak they've ever had. And I was cooking frozen steak! Imagine what a fresh piece of steak could taste like...YUM!
A la par del Anova hay que comprar la máquina para empacar al vacío, al principio intenté hacerlo con el método de inmersión en agua, pero no es igual, queda mucho aire en interior de la bolsa, lo que hace que flote en el contenedor.
La conexión WIFI no he logrado hacer que funcione a pesar de haber seguido todos los pasos del instructivo, en lo personal no es algo que me afecte, pero si es molesto que no funcione.
Word of warning the app is aweful. The timer is flaky and the app doesn’t remember things like recipes and the like. But that can get fixed and updated.