Industrial Deals HPC Prime Day Prime Day Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Get 4 months of Amazon Music Unlimited for $0.99. Prime member exclusive. New subscribers only. Just $7.99/month after. Terms apply. Starting at $19.99 Grocery Handmade Prime Day modern furniture and decor Up to $50 off Home Services Up to 50% off Movies and TV shows for Prime members Up to 50% off Movies and TV shows for Prime members Up to 50% off Movies and TV shows for Prime members  Echo Devices Starting at $29.99 All-new Show Mode Charging Dock Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on October 23, 2013
I got this as the FAOTD recently. At that time, I played it a little and then quit, but I didn't delete it. Wasn't sure why I hadn't played it a while until I tried it again today. The artwork is visually stunning, so I can truly appreciate how much work went into it, and if the Kindle Fire HD had voice controls, I might be able to rate the gameplay better. I realize that is not the developer's fault, but since it is the case, I can only rate by my experience with the touch control. I don't mind challenging games, but when I try 20-30 times on just the second and third levels, that is just a bit too frustrating for me and too steep a learning curve. The wind direction makes it very difficult. Perhaps if the wind direction switched from time to time, it might feel possible, but I have yet to pass level three after numerous attempts. Will I delete this game? No. I don't give up that easily, but it will probably be a few weeks or months before I attempt it again, at which point (when I reopen the game) I will wonder why I took so long to get back to it and will then be quickly reminded. Others may not have that kind of patience though. I probably would have been a little unhappy had I paid for it, though the artwork itself deserves income. I would just like to see a little more of the stunning visuals if I could get farther in the game.
on September 11, 2013
BEAUTIFUL!!!! the drawings are realy beauties... but that makes the game itself not interesting enough to continue playing.
in the game you have to control a warm airballon with only up and down control and with the wind changing direction (to left or to right) and force you can manoevre the ballon to the left or to the rigth. the control can be done by voice commands. towers and chimnees are object you have to safely pass.
I made it to level 6 or so.. and had enough of it. i did not use voice control because I did not see added value of it
i wish I could see all the drawings without having to do all levels
One person found this helpful
on August 23, 2013
Really neat graphics. Different from other games since this is hand drawn. The game itself is rather unique compared with the other games out there. I play it on my Kindle Fire HD and everyone has written that the "voice control" doesn't work. Well, it does on mine but I found that I had to talk pretty loudly for it to "hear" me and respond so I'd rather do touch control. Starts out easy with the first 2 levels but I'm stuck on the 3rd level right now. Definitely challenging and enjoyable.
on September 3, 2013
In this game, you control a hot air balloon, using touch or the microphone. If you have a device with a built in microphone, you can raise the balloon by being loud, and lower it by being quiet. I am on a Kindle Fire with no mic, so I will be dealing with the touch feature. Basically, you have a hot air balloon in a small section of town and you have to get it from point a to point b. You can raise it by touching the screen and lower it by letting go. Air currents at different heights push the balloon forward or backward. Sometimes you have to pick up and deliver things by dropping them in areas before landing in your point b. This game has unique and beautiful art, and an amazing sound control concept that I am sorry I didn;t get to try. The sound is mediocre, and the controls can be difficult to get used to, which is why the 4 of 5, but this is definitely a unique, beautiful game with good game play, decent replay value and an intriguing concepts. I recommend it to age 10+ gamers who are fans of the puzzle solver games like angry birds, stupid zombies, etc.
on April 12, 2017
Uses your voice to move the hot air balloon, so it is so much fun.
One person found this helpful
on February 7, 2014
FAOTD on 1st gen KF. The discription of this game only moderately interested me, but the reviews on the graphics really caught me attention. They were lovely, but I did not get far in the game. I don't have the option of sound control, but I didn't mind. The touch control didn't work for me, that was a problem. $0.99 sounds like a fair price from what I read from other reviewers, but I can't judge myself. Removed from my device for now.
on August 21, 2014
Great looking game, but very difficult to play on a small screen. I'm not sure if it's better on a tablet. Beautiful visuals and audio. Story was also intriguing, but I hit a level that I just couldn't pass without popping the balloon. Actually, I think it was the level after the cover picture. Right after entering the wolf's mouth, I couldn't get through the throat.
VINE VOICEon February 4, 2014
It is a beautiful game and very easy to play. The icon? You play that level pretty quickly. You can use your voice, but I never tried that out (I don't like my voice). Otherwise, I just touched the screen which did the same thing. It is great eye-candy, but the gameplay itself got old for me and I went on to another game. Still, a few hours of entertainment was worth a couple of bucks.
on August 11, 2013
This game is a true work of art. From the amazing illustrations to the surreal stereo soundtrack and sfx, this game is a masterpiece along the likes of Machinarium (with regards to style, not gameplay). If you like Steampunk, or simply appreciate finer arts, then this game is a must-have.

Forgive the pun, but this game blew me away when I played it! Absolutely stunning. I woke up my wife to show her this game, that's how impressed I am. The object of the game is to accomplish 16 missions using a hot air balloon which you control either by touching the screen or by creating sound! I'm not kidding... this game can be played entirely by making noise or sounds!! Talk about an innovative use of a basic feature most (but not all) Androids have. [By the way, that's the reason for the 'recording' permission. If you are unhappy with the prospect of the game listening in, simply block its internet access.]

The controls are also quite interesting. You control rise, fall, and the dropping of parcels or bombs. However, depending on your altitude you'll have air currents (winds) that go either left or right, and at varying speeds. You overcome literal obstacles during the way, and accomplish goals such as dropping newspapers into chutes. It is challenging right from the start, though each task and level is masterfully explained.

Expertly authored by a 'lone wolf' in Lithuania, the game features hand-drawn 'steampunk' style artwork based on many real-life Vilnius locations, the game accomplishes several tasks at once: it acts as a tourist draw to Vilnius, it highlights the exceptional artistry, it is an excellent exercise in physics, and much more. I fully expect this to be an award-winning game!

It isn't perfect, however, as there are a few problems that can easily be addressed in a future update:
1) The mic sensitivity should be adjustable on the fly, or at least directly from the pause screen.
2) A restart button - nevermind... thank you to Betsy "the Quilter" True, it's on the 'pause' screen.
3) There is a 'shop button' according to the Settings page, but I never saw one. There is no IAP, so I'm a bit lost. [UPDATE: the app used to contain IAP, but it was removed. The dev promises it will NOT return.]

In short, I am enthralled with this game. I'll happily show it off to friends, family, fellow students and maybe a few strangers on the street. I'm hoping the above issues are addressed, particularly the mic sensitivity adjustment on the mission page or pause menu, but regardless this is a top-quality game from a shocking, highly impressive source.

If you love the artistic style of Machinarium or other steampunk game, you won't be disappointed.

[UPDATE: I've learned through an article at 100percentindie.com that the supremely talented illustrator is the most unlikely of candidates: Rene Petruliene is a 63-year-old Lithuanian woman who survived through the Soviet Cold War. It is as shocking as impressive! Of course, I've updated my review; I had stated it was a pair of guys. My apologies to Rene!]
3 people found this helpful
on August 17, 2013
I had no idea what to expect with this one, but it's fun. You control a hot air balloon by tapping on the screen to go up or down catching air currents at different levels on the screen. then you have different tasks, like picking up payloads and landing in certain places. This one will keep me busy for a while, I hope.
2 people found this helpful