Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-2 of 2 reviews(Verified Purchases). See both reviews
on November 8, 2010
I was looking for a simple, auto-tune plugin to go with my ProTools 7.3 M-Powered home studio. I am not a professional engineer. I write, arrange, and record my own stuff, mostly for fun. I don't need expensive, high-quality plugins like the big guys use in their million dollar studios. Nor do I need all the bells and whistles that come with some of those plugins. I just wanted to simply correct the pitch in my vocal tracks. No fancy effects, just pitch correction.

I did a lot of research, and I always ended up back with Antares Autotune at the top of the list. I was leary at first, since the specs for the product require ProTools LE 7 or better. Well, I don't have LE, I have M-Powered. But the specs also state that the software is compatible with both RTAS and VST. Fortunately, my M-Powered PT supports both of those.

The product I purchased is Antares Autotune EFX, not EVO. Note the EFX is the more watered-down, simpler version. It's cheaper too. If you're looking for more bells and whistles, you might want to purchase EVO (and even the price on that looked pretty reasonable).

This plugin does three things: Hard EFX, Soft EFX, and pitch correction. So, even if you are looking for that funky, fake, perfect pitch effect that you hear in pop songs today, you can still get that with this program. But if you're looking for something to help guide your vocal track if it came out slightly sharp or flat, and you don't want to retake after retake, this is the product for you! It doesn't sound fake at all. (I use the "pitch correction" mode.) You will still hear the real nuances of your voice, the vibrato, the subtle scoops, etc. And it is SO easy to use! You just choose a key, or choose the individual notes you want, or choose all the chromatic notes, it's up to you. You can then preview the track before you apply the effect.

NOTE that this product REQUIRES an ilok key and an ilok account in order to register. This is not a difficult step, though. If you don't have an ilok key (it looks like a little key that plugs right into your USB port), you can easily pick one up at a local music store that carries music software. And the ilok account is free and easy to set up. The paperwork that comes with this Antares product spells this all out for you. They even give you 10 days after installation to use it for free, allowing you time to get it registered. They tell you step by step how to register the product. It's not hard to do!

I am SO happy with the product. I'm now going back and remixing all my old files, and I can't believe how much better the vocals sound now. I mean, my pitch was close before, but I just can't believe the difference between "close" and "perfect" pitch. AND IT DOESN"T SOUND FAKE! That's the best part.
66 comments| 2 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 2, 2011
When I received this product I found I had to PURCHASE a code to make it work. This was not explicitly spelled out in the advertisement. Very deceptive. Would not buy anything from this vendor.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.