- Hardcover: 546 pages
- Publisher: Wiley; 2 edition (May 7, 2007)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0470848790
- ISBN-13: 978-0470848791
- Product Dimensions: 7.8 x 1.5 x 9.4 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2.9 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 8 customer reviews
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#2,361,888 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #84 in Books > Engineering & Transportation > Engineering > Telecommunications & Sensors > Antennas
- #4674 in Books > Engineering & Transportation > Engineering > Electrical & Electronics > Electronics
- #6855 in Books > Computers & Technology > Networking & Cloud Computing > Internet, Groupware, & Telecommunications
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Antennas and Propagation for Wireless Communication Systems 2nd Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the Back Cover
Antennas and propagation are of fundamental importance to the coverage, capacity and quality of all wireless communication systems. This book provides a solid grounding in antennas and propagation, covering terrestrial and satellite radio systems in both mobile and fixed contexts. Building on the highly successful first edition, this fully updated text features significant new material and brand new exercises and supplementary materials to support course tutors. A vital source of information for practising and aspiring wireless communication engineers as well as for students at postgraduate and senior undergraduate levels, this book provides a fundamental grounding in the principles of antennas and propagation without excessive recourse to mathematics. It also equips the reader with practical prediction techniques for the design and analysis of a very wide range of common wireless communication systems.
- Overview of the fundamental electromagnetic principles underlying propagation and antennas.
- Basic concepts of antennas and their application to specific wireless systems.
- Propagation measurement, modelling and prediction for fixed links, macrocells, microcells, picocells and megacells.
- Narrowband and wideband channel modelling and the effect of the channel on communication system performance.
- Methods that overcome and transform channel impairments to enhance performance using diversity, adaptive antennas and equalisers.
Key second edition updates:
- New chapters on Antennas for Mobile Systems and Channel Measurements for Mobile Radio Systems.
- Coverage of new technologies, including MIMO antenna systems, Ultra Wideband (UWB) and the OFDM technology used in Wi-Fi and WiMax systems.
- Many new propagation models for macrocells, microcells and picocells.
- Fully revised and expanded end-of-chapter exercises.
Solutions manual and presentation slides available online for course tutors.
Discover books for all types of engineers, auto enthusiasts, and much more. Learn more
Top customer reviews
The books covers a wide range of topics, almost every topic in wireless communications. However it terribly suffers from big weakenesses.
First of all, most of the topics are merely touched, there are no in-depth explanations. It is very sad especially since the book covers a very wide range of topics.
Moreover, there are lots of errors. The mathemetical equations are not easy to understand and lacks the explanations, the typesetting is also strange. Similarly though there are lots of figures which help understanding the concepts, they are not consistent in their look, it seems they have been collected from various places.
I hope if these problems are fixed in upcoming editions it can be a better book especially in wireless communications where besides Rappaport's book not many good alternatives are available.
Initially I wanted to give it a 2.5 but cannot therefore gave it 3.