Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Customer reviews

94%
Format: DVD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 17 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 18 reviews
on August 26, 2014
I enjoyed this collection a lot. Although in my opinion, Collection 7 was better. Still I give this one 5 stars. Here are my thoughts on the episodes:

Where It All Began - shows Tony's rise from a cook and author to a major TV personality.

Liberia - interesting for me because I know very little about Africa. Tony takes some chances by going to a place like this. Nicely done.

Dubai - this was my favorite episode of the regular episodes. Tony goes to an indoor ski area in Dubai. It is very hot outside but cool inside. Also he has lunch with some Arabs who, except for their clothing, seem much like us.

Rome - the food looked awesome in this one. You will see an argument break out between customers and the owner because the wait for a table in the restaurant is too long.

Madrid - I liked this episode less than the other episodes. Lots of old men cooking. Still not bad.

Kerala, India - facinating! Tony goes on a houseboat and eats some delicious food. Tony meets one of India's biggest TV stars. He is actually rather nice and down to earth. They have lunch in the star's trailer.

Paris - contains a lot of discussion on the new way of dining in Paris today. Tony's chef friend Eric represents the old way of doing things. He constantly needs to defend himself when talking with the other chefs.

Back to Beirut - a very important episode for those who saw the first time Tony and his crew went to Beirut and a war broke out. This time things are much better.

What Were We Thinking (100th Episode) - this was part of the bonus features and well worth watching. It highlights some of the high points of the last 100 episodes. Lots of insight here into things I did not know about some of the episodes. A really nice look back that will make you smile.

Making of India - this episode contains lots of technical stuff on how to get the best shot with regard to lighting, background noise etc. Also shows the planning process involved to make a show like this. It also helps you know some of the people working behind the scenes.

Overall a very good season to watch. Enjoy.
on May 29, 2017
I love the fact that he gives a brief history of the place as he eats their food
on April 8, 2016
I watched all of it. It was ok. I wish I would have watched it when it was on tv. If I had I more than likely would not have purchased it.
on June 21, 2016
Recommend anything by Anthony Bourdain
on January 14, 2017
Completing my collection
on July 14, 2016
AMAZING BUY!!!!!!!! MUST HAVE IF YOU LOVE FOOD TRAVEL !!!!!
on January 26, 2013
Very much like his work, the different countries he travels too and tries the local stuff, expleres the history and culture.
So it is informative and entertaining the same time.
on July 8, 2013
I love Anthony and this is just one reason to watch them over and over. You won't be disappointed by this collection.
on May 4, 2015