Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Alexa on Mobile PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Format: Paperback|Change

on September 4, 2017
Thank you!
on August 19, 2017
I first met Trudy Scott a number of years ago when I was attending a professional development workshop she was presenting on the same topic as her book, The Anti-Anxiety Food Solution. As a licensed clinical mental health counselor and psychotherapist in private practice, I am always very interested in learning about more holistic ways to help my clients treat their anxiety, depression, and other mental health challenges. Trudy herself sold to me and signed the first copy of her book I ever purchased, at the end of her presentation many years ago. It has proven such an important book in my own life, as well as in my practice, that I have bought several additional copies, for my office to lend to clients, and as gifts to friends and family I believe would benefit from Trudy's research and wisdom.

Trudy’s book is filled with real life, practical anecdotes as well as scientific research from leading institutions. Trudy comes to explore a nutritional solution to anxiety from her own personal experience, which she parlayed into solutions for the continuum of mental health concerns. If biology or chemistry are factors, Trudy shows us that nutrition can be a viable solution for mild to moderate, and even severe symptoms of anxiety. In my opinion, psychotropic medications can be quite useful for some people and some mental illnesses, and yet, these medications tend to be prescribed far too often and to easily. Like Trudy, I prefer a more natural and holistic approach, one which allows us to live in balance and harmony with nature. If changing our diet doesn't immediately improve mental health, perhaps adding amino acid food supplements will.

Certainly too few people know about nutritional solutions for depression, anxiety, insomnia, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, migraine headache, PMS, food cravings, and pain. Trudy's book is filled with not only suggestions but plans for dietary changes or amino acid food supplements, and I know that these work, because I personally have tried a variety of Trudy’s suggestions from her book, and I've made the suggestions to numerous clients, friends and family members who have also benefited from Trudy's research and wisdom. And now, there is robust research supporting this more natural, Earth-based, and holistic approach to health, well-being and wellness.

Having had menopausal night sweats to the point of being awakened by them several times each night, I’d read from Trudy that the combined use of GABA and tryptophan or 5-HTP could successfully reduce one’s experience of these sweats or of the frequency, quantity and severity of them. I found 5-HTP to work better for me than tryptophan, and the amino acid “cocktail” I take each evening has resulted in a decrease in sleep disturbances from perhaps 4 or 5 awakenings nightly, to only 1 or 2. That results in a much better quality of sleep.

Using Trudy’s training and book as a guide, I have supported clients’ trials and use of amino acids for various concerns such as anxiety, low mood, attentional and concentration issues, food cravings and sleep. Rachael was in recovery and didn’t want to use a psychotropic medication for her anxiety and sleep difficulties. Despite her determination and hard work in learning skills in her psychotherapy with me, she still had some lingering anxiety in social settings and at times, enough to interfere with sleep. Rachael was willing to look at her diet and to end her relationship with caffeine, then tried using GABA Calm sublingual lozenges when she felt an anticipatory anxiety about social situations, or had trouble sleeping soundly. Rachael maintains her 4 years of sobriety and has pushed beyond the former limits of her anxiety to become involved in her church community’s leadership, a certain achievement her anxiety had not previously allowed her.

Trudy and her book are the real deal. She has written a clear roadmap for naturally reducing and eliminating anxiety, low mood, depression and many other disruptions in peace and calm of our contemporary lives. Trudy is undeniably solution focused, and her approach of utilizing nutritional solutions can offer real change. I have bought many copies of this book because I am a firm believer in its theoretical and practical realities, as well as in Trudy's ability to positively change lives, one day’s nutritional intake at a time. And in the case of using amino acid food supplements, change can be dramatic and come within five minutes time. If you'd like to step away from Big Pharma and the labyrinth of chemistry it presents, this book is for you. I am an amino acid and Trudy believer. Join me!

~ Adèle V. Bradley, MA, LCMHC
New Hampshire, USA
on August 16, 2017
Most helpful, informative, and useful!
Someone you know or love will benefit from it...
on August 13, 2017
I got the book, The Anti-Anxiety Food Solution, on my Kindle last week and in paperback two days ago. So much of it spoke to me and when I went down the checklist of symptoms for pyroluria, I was absolutely stopped in my tracks. It was me. I saw myself all down the list. I’d already been nodding yes, but when I read "Being bothered by being seated in the middle of a room in a restaurant,” I knew. What an odd and random thing, yet ridiculously spot on. And for the first time in a very long time, I felt hopeful about shaking off the relentless anxiety I’ve lived with for most of my adult life. And looking back, I realize that I certainly experienced some anxiety as a teen, but it was in my early twenties when the full weight of it hit me. The handful of years prior to my over-the-anxiety-edge initiation had been filled with stress, enough to tip the balance and land me in full anxiety mode.

After reading the book, I immediately changed how I eat. Today, I took zinc and B6. I absolutely feel a difference. Clarity. Calmer. And my body feels different, less tense, less “off.” I’ve ordered a pyroluria test from BioCenter Lab in Wichita, KS (they are willing to deal directly with the public), but I have to say I’m not sure I love the idea of going without zinc and B6 supplementation for the week or two (they require one week off those supplements) needed before testing. The difference I feel today likely answers any question, and the idea of choosing to go without, knowing what that will mean in terms of my anxiety level, makes me unsure if I really need that official diagnosis, at least at this time. Maybe in a few months, once I’ve reached optimal reversal of my symptoms, I’ll be ready to take that week or two off the supplements to complete the test. For now, I want to revel in this feeling and celebrate

I will be adding evening primrose oil and bumping up my intake of Vitamin C and magnesium, as well as checking my current multi-vitamin/mineral supplement to see how it stacks up. I’ll continue to tweak as needed, and because this book gives such clear and well-researched instruction, I’m confident I’ll be able to safely and effectively put the brunt of my anxiety behind me.

If you've been suffering from anxiety and have yet to find your way out, please read this book and follow the instructions within. You can feel better and you can get your life back. The answers are right here, and the solution is very doable.

And to Trudy Scott, thank you so much for your work and for your book. I believe I have in my hands the key to freedom, to health, and I don’t really have words to express how much this means to me. I’ve searched and waited for this information for decades. Thank you.
on August 12, 2017
Dumbest Book Ever... it's someone who wants to make money on the anxiety craze. It's redundant in repeating the sa,enthing said on other pages. And Guess what - in short here is the content. 1. Eat organic and natural food. 2. If you eat something and you get anxious, don't eat it.
on July 17, 2017
If you have anxiety, panic attacks or phobias, read this book. It's an eye opener and a complete game changer. It pushed me to re-evaluate the way I eat and to make some serious shifts in my life. FYI-sugar is the devil
on July 17, 2017
I can't say enough great things about this book, it life changing! I've recommended it to several close friends and family. To know that there's specific amino acids that directly affect your anxiety level is game changing! Tryptophan has been a life saver for me - but there's so much information in this book for anyone suffering with anxiety.
on July 13, 2017
This book is wonderful! Trudy shares many natural ways to help improve anxiety without dangerous prescriptions. A friend of mine has struggled with anxiety and panic attacks for the past decade. I gave him this book and he just gave me a surprise visit. He said he changed his diet and started GABA and tryptophan and had the best week he has had in over a decade!!!!

My sister also started tryptophan for intense sugar crazing and difficult sleeping. She called the morning after her first dose and said it was her best night sleep in years!!!!

I had bought this book over a year ago for my anxiety. Right after i found out i was pregnant so could not do the amino acids. But i took Trudy's advice and changed my diet and checked thyroid, and minerals and such. I'm really excited to try the amino acids and see if that is a new path that will lead me feeling more relief!!
on July 1, 2017
Read cover to cover in 3 hours! Reviewed to take notes and make a game plan for me and my daughter. Eye-opening 2nd half of the book. I highly recommend if you struggle with anxiety.
on June 26, 2017
This is a wonderful book for anyone dealing with anxiety. The book is full of helpful suggestions and sound science. The author has researched this topic significantly, and her clinical and personal experience speak volumes. I have recommended this book to many friends!