Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Antiqua Premium Quilted Hammock with Pillow
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now STEM

on June 18, 2009
It's big and sturdy. Looks great and is durable. The price is great too. I would recommend this to anyone!

UPDATE: I still really love this hammock and it still looks brand new a year later. One complaint is the pillow that is attached with buttons is not secured well. 2 of the 4 buttons have fallen off leaving the pillow dangling..

other than that, still happy!

2nd Update: Had the hammock for two years and it's completely shot. The rest of the buttons fell off as well as the material getting dirty from normal wear and tear and unable to be cleaned. The wood seems like it's rotting. I really hoped this investment would last longer but we just had to throw it away.
on May 31, 2011
We love the hammock. We have had it for a couple weeks. It even arrived earlier than the estimated shipping date. We have no problem at all with the hammock (thus 5 stars), but there is info you should know if you plan to use a stand.

Positives: Very comfy. Easy to set up. Very wide. Love the pillow, color, etc.

Negatives: Constantly flips over if you have a basic, metal hammock stand. Previously we had a rope hammock and the rope eventually broke and left a huge gaping hole. We chose fabric to avoid that problem in the future. However, breezes go right through a rope hammock. This one acts like a giant sail. Wind gets ahold of it and flips it. We have to put the stand and hammock back together literally everyday. The wind has not been exceptional lately. Just enough to keep a flag going, but it flips the hammock daily. If you have a big, sturdy stand, or you plan to use trees, I am sure it will be awesome.
on May 5, 2008
Have previously owned cotton rope hammocks that only lasted one season and bought this one because it was poly and I assumed would be sturdier but to my surprise, while the body is quite sturdy and just what we wanted, the ropes that attach it to the stand are cotton, not poly or nylon as we expected.
on February 25, 2009
Well, we bought that brand new, good looking hammock but weren't sure about the quality. So we decided to make a strict quality test. First, my 8-months-pregnant wife and me jumped in from each side. It was a little bit difficult to stabilize the situation avoiding to hurt her at the same time. But after 5 minutes we got it. We found no sign of danger. Then we put an additional person in the hammock: my also-but-only-6-months-pregnat sister-in-law. I wouldn't say she is fat, but it was a real challenge for the hammock. And it held. At this point I thought it wasn't necessary to increase the risk, but the big boyfriend of my sister-in-law climbed up to us... So, I broke my leg, the other guy broke his wrist, the girls got some bruises, but no premature birth. And the most relevant thing for our test: the hammock remained intact. We only had to replant one of the palm trees in the yard.
44 comments| 64 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 5, 2013
Yes it is pretty and soft. But it definitely will fade in the sun. I like the pillow. It does seem sturdy enough to last a couple years. I will not leave this out year round like I did with my canvas one.
on July 19, 2016
LOVE this hammock! Other reviewers complained about a "smell", but once you've had it outside it'll air out quickly. I do have it in the shade of trees so I can't speak to it fading, but I love the vibrant orange color, so perfect for outdoors. It's very big and sturdy-both myself and my 6'4 husband (we weigh around (345 lbs together) can relax on it with full confidence in the quality.
on June 10, 2011
This hammock is very nice, thick and comfortable. I had to make adjustments with the ropes because the bed sagged too much with the stand I already owned. Once adjustments were made, it fit like a glove. Looks very durable.
on January 13, 2009
I bought the hammock and stand for my husband and it was so easy to assemble and very comfortable. This spring we'll be spending a lot of time outdoors in the hammock!
on May 20, 2012
Sturdy has re-enforced rope with o- ring. Can fit 2 adults comfortably.. Easy to clean. Have had 3-4 small kids on it without any problems.
on October 21, 2011
I had read some negative reviews but decided to purchase this hammock anyway. I am so glad I did. It is a great value. It is comfortable and looks great.