Antler Dog Chew From Pet Expertise
|Price:||$19.75 + $4.75 shipping|
- Long-Lasting & Odor Free!: Antler chews by Pet Expertise last much longer than bully sticks or chews made of compacted starch or rawhide. Antlers have virtually no odor or residue to get on your carpet or furniture.
- Safe & Healthy!: Deer antlers for dogs are much less likely to chip or splinter when they are being chewed than processed bones. The chewing action grinds the antler chew down slowly. Chew antlers contain many beneficial nutrients and nothing artificial.
- Variety!: Antler chews vary in shape, thickness and color. A benefit of purchasing multiple antlers for your dog is that no two are alike and your dog will enjoy the variety in his chews.
- Why Buy from Pet Expertise?: Our antlers are fresher, more economical and much larger than most you will find, and our shipping prices are low!
- X-Large Size Antler: Best for dogs under 45 lbs and up. The antler chew weights 7 to 10 oz and is 8" to 10" long. We have all sizes available.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Size: X-Large 7 to 10 oz
Top Customer Reviews
There's another toy of "Gumby" that I only bought because of the reviews, but that too has turned out to be able to withstand the shaking, pulling and chewing of a very active shepherd. I never thought it would last, but it has. I try to keep her from getting bored with a toy by switching them around when she's not watching. When I put them back she "discovers" them immediately like it was brand new.
Another thing she loves is that crazy chipmunk tree trunk that has 4 or 6 furry chipmunks that she can pull out of the stump. She carries each one around like she's really caught something.
Some people swear by elk antlers over deer antlers. The elk antlers will be larger (duh) and apparently have a higher marrow content, which is the part the dog likes best. But you pay for that heft and marrow. I actually didn't realize I was getting deer antlers when I placed my first order with Pet Expertise - my dog didn't care so I don't either. Depending on the size and shape, they last us anywhere from two weeks to two months. Some of the shapes are quite funky, like a branch with such a small piece connecting it that pretty soon she has two antlers. I don't find this to be a negative - it adds interest that they're all a little different.
I knocked off a star because you can get a better deal ordering directly from Pet Expertise. The base price is the same, but they offer a volume discount and free shipping on orders over $50. I buy five at a time so I get a little discount and the free shipping, and we're good for at least six months.Read more ›
After a family member mention these, I went out and bought a 'giant' one and 'small' one. Specifically for my 85 lb doberman he is just chalk full of energy! He has to always be chewing, running or playing. He chews on anything he can get his hands on, but the antler has done an amazing job of siating his chewing need/bordom. He chews on it every day and so far it barely looks warn. It's caused his gums to bleed a few times, but that usually means he's just strengthening them and keeping them healthy! They've cut off any 'sharp' parts, but keep in mind if you have a big strong dog, this thing can actually be a bit annoying/dangerous. Pretty much ANY tew toy (even Kongs) he destroys them quickly-- so far this has held up great.
The only downside is that he's a big clumsy excited dog and will run around with the giant antler in his mouth... more than a few times he's slipped on our floors and crashed into the wall (put nice dents/scratches into it) Our wood floors are distressed, and he's most definitely adding to that distress :P
However he just LOVES it and will chew on it for hours every day. As for as the smaller one, my two medium size dos also love theirs-- they will take turns chewing on it and seem to love it!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Great chew item for our English setter. He tore through any stuffed animal type toy. This is the best. Good size too.Published 13 days ago by aaa
This was the best thing I ever bought my dog. I have a Giant Schnauzer and he loves to chew everything! Read morePublished 1 month ago by 100fairlady
Antler dog chew (large) is good size for my goldendoodle (50lbs,14 months old). She doesn't go after the antlers as diligently as a regular rawhide bone,but this dog chew lasts a... Read morePublished 3 months ago by William Craig
Great size, good price, It will last quite a while with our German Shepherd.Published 6 months ago by Stormbringer