|Print List Price:||$17.99|
Save $7.00 (39%)
Simon and Schuster Digital Sales Inc
Price set by seller.
Your Memberships & Subscriptions
Antoinette (Gaston and Friends) Kindle Edition
|Length: 40 pages||Age Level: 4 - 8||Grade Level: P - 3|
Fire TabletsFire Phones
- Book 2 of 2 in Gaston and Friends
- Due to its large file size, this book may take longer to download
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
"Expressive and energetic, Robinson’s acrylic illustrations are full of details.... DiPucchio brings a lighthearted, arch quality to her narration... this picture book is bound to have children rapt until the conclusion—and soon begging for another read. VERDICT: Sure to be a storytime hit, especially where Gaston is popular." (School Library Journal, December 2016)
* "Fans of Gaston (2014) rejoice! Now it's Antoinette's turn to shine...fun for repeated readings." (Booklist, December 2016, *STARRED REVIEW*)
* "The beloved puppies of Gaston (2014) are back, this time with Antoinette's story of self discovery as she reveals that every dog has a gift to share.... Once again, DiPucchio and Robinson don't miss a comedic beat, creating a playful and funny tale full of warmth that deftly explores complex themes of belonging, self worth, and purpose. Robinson's seemingly simple artwork belies his masterful ability to imbue his characters and the places they live with an authenticity and humanity that move readers beyond the surface page.... A reassuring tale that celebrates the uniqueness of each dog (or person) and the creation of a purposeful life. Three cheers for the winning Antoinette, who "could not—would not—give up!"" (Kirkus Reviews, December 2016, *STARRED REVIEW*)
"It's a fact of family life that every child gets a reputation: Rocky is the clever one, Bruno is strong. But what about Antoinette? "Unlike her burly brothers, she still hadn't quite discovered what she was good at," Kelly DiPucchio explains of the poodle heroine in "Antoinette"...a delightful companion to the 2014 picture book "Gaston."
Here again the pages brim with Christian Robinson's joyful, naif artwork as we return to the bustle of two Parisian families of dogs. Everyone is frisking in the park one day when a puppy named Ooh La La goes missing. Worried poodles hunt for her without success; anxious bulldogs seek but do not find. "In that moment, Antoinette felt a tug in her heart and a twitch in her nose. She could not—would not—give up!" In this spirited adventure for readers ages 4 8, it turns out that Antoinette's talent lies in the degree of her doggedness." (The Wall Street Journal, February 2017)
About the Author
Christian Robinson was born in Hollywood, California. He grew up in a small one-bedroom apartment with his brother, two cousins, aunt, and grandmother. Drawing became a way to make space for himself and to create the kind of world he wanted to see. He studied animation at the California Institute of the Arts and would later work with the Sesame Workshop and Pixar Animation Studios before becoming an illustrator of books for children. His books include Gaston and Antoinette, written by Kelly DiPucchio, and the #1 New York Times bestseller Last Stop on Market Street, written by Matt de la Peña, which was awarded a Caldecott Honor, a Coretta Scott King Illustrator Honor, and the Newbery Medal. He presently lives in northern California with his rescue greyhound Baldwin and several houseplants. He looks forward to one day seeing the aurora borealis. Visit him online at TheArtofFun.com.
- File size : 10346 KB
- Publication date : February 14, 2017
- Print length : 40 pages
- Word Wise : Not Enabled
- Publisher : Atheneum Books for Young Readers; Illustrated edition (February 14, 2017)
- Language: : English
- ASIN : B01GD9CQ58
- Text-to-Speech : Not enabled
- Enhanced typesetting : Not Enabled
- X-Ray : Not Enabled
- Lending : Not Enabled
- Best Sellers Rank: #1,097,904 in Kindle Store (See Top 100 in Kindle Store)
- Customer Reviews:
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
VERDICT ✅: both Antoinette and Gaston are must-buys for libraries and gifts and home and kids and adults and.....I love them that much! So do my 5yo and my students at school, who love having continuing characters in books. Sweet puppies with adorable illustrations make these such fun read alouds.