Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
Anuual Tagetes Patula (French Marigold) Single-flowered Red Stripe 300 Seeds
|Price:||$3.99 & FREE Shipping|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Flowers from July to October
- Commonly planted in butterfly gardens as a nectar source
- The florets can also be used to color human foods.
- The plant is used in companion planting for many vegetable crops. Its root secretions are believed to kill nematodes in the soil and it is said to repel harmful insects, such as white flies on tomatoes.
- The heads contain mostly hermaphrodite (having both male and female organs) florets and are pollinated primarily by beetles in the wild, as well as by tachinid flies and other insects.
Customers also shopped for
Tagetes patula, the French marigold, is a species in the daisy family (Asteraceae). It is native to Mexico and Guatemala with several naturalised populations in many other countries. The flower is an annual, occasionally reaching 0.5 m by 0.3 m. In some climates it flowers from July to October. In its native habitat of the highlands of central Mexico, blooms are produced from September to killing frost. Achenes ripen and are shed within two weeks of the start of bloom. The leaves of all species of marigold include oil glands. The oils are pungent. The whole plant is harvested when in flower and distilled for its essential oil.