Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Red and Rose nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade 2018 Planners Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Shop movie deals exclusively for Prime members on Amazon Video Shop movie deals exclusively for Prime members on Amazon Video Shop movie deals exclusively for Prime members on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now

on March 3, 2012
I want to tell anyone that is currently struggling with anxiety and panic attacks, phobias, or ocd issues that there is a way to recover and take back your life and this book is the vehicle to get you there. This book literally has changed my life and I know it will change yours too. I promise you that if you read this book and follow the exercises, you will get better. I have personally struggled with anxiety and panic attacks for over 20 years, I've tried numerous therapists and so many different medications I've lost count. I was even told at one point that I had bipolar disorder. Nothing worked and I found myself at a point that I literally felt like I had no other options to get well. I had no choice but to take it upon myself to help myself. I had to do something different, and I had to do it now. When I started reading the book I was completely agoraphobic, depressed, constantly anxious, and having panic attacks to the point I felt like I couldn't go on any longer. I am 60 days into applying what I learned in the workbook and my life has completely turned around for the better. I am the happy, positive, loving person that I knew existed deep down but feared was gone. I now feel I can do and accomplish anything I set my mind to. It will be a lifestyle change for many, as this recovery will affect you on mental, physical, emotional, and spiritual levels. This book really attacks your issues at every angle possible, from eating the correct foods, to relaxation methods, and tips to stop panic attacks just to name a few. Believe me, through a little hard work-you will get your life back and be the person you want to be.
God Bless and Good Luck!
77 comments| 385 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 17, 2018
As I work through the challenges of a diagnosed anxiety disorder with a counselor, we have used this book a great deal. I found the chapter on coping with anxiety to be particularly helpful. The tools given in that chapter, in combination with CBT, have helped me more in my daily life than anything else I had tried previously. I do have a few minor issues with some of the information given in the exercise chapter, as I have an exercise science degree and a colleague who is a registered dietitian. One thing in particular is the statement that it is not recommended that one eat until at least an hour after exercise when actually it is recommended that appropriate nutrition be ingested within half hour after exercise, especially in the cases of long or intense exercise. Muscle glycogen needs to be replaced by ingesting carbohydrates and protein needs to be included for muscle repair. His points other than that are good though; if you have been cleared by your doctor, please do exercise as best you can, even in the privacy of your own home, if you struggle with anxiety or depression.
on May 31, 2015
I am 32 years old and after a miscarriage in December I was recently diagnosed with generalized anxiety disorder and agoraphobia (due to a major hormonal inbalance, I believe). Even with all the medication I am on and weekly visits to my therapist, this book has helped me the most. I love the way it's laid out and I love the worksheets but this book would still be very useful even without using the worksheets. It's not as much of a "workbook" as I thought it would. It's so much better. If you have struggled with anxiety, panic attacks and phobias BUY THIS BOOK.
11 comment| 116 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 6, 2015
I love this book! It has so many helpful tips and lots of information for anyone looking to help themselves work through issues. It was highly recommended by my psychologist.
on July 6, 2014
Extremely informative and contains useful ideas and examples for people suffering with any kind of anxiety. It's a useful tool, but I wouldn't recommend using this in place of a therapist for most people. A combination of methods is always the best way to go. Going for a 20-minute run every day has been helping me more than Zoloft (there's a great section on the book about the importance of exercise).
on January 11, 2018
It's been helpful. I am learning a lot about why I am the way I am and how to change.
on January 22, 2017
Very well written and full of thoughtful and practical methods to help those suffering from anxiety. Excellent discussion of various medications and when to consider using.
on November 11, 2017
Very good experience
on July 3, 2012
This is the best guide for anyone learning to understand and manage their anxiety. This newest edition is updated with the current research in language that is accessible to just about anyone. As a professional mental health counselor this is the go-to resource I use with clients/consumers helping them cope with various types of anxiety since the book first came out.
on January 1, 2018
it was not what I was expecting