Amazon Vehicles Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Kate Voegele Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer power_s3 power_s3 power_s3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now STEM

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 1, 2008 3:06:59 PM PST
I loved fear and Loathing in Las Vegas so much and I really want to read more of Thompson's books any recommendations?
Is the Rum Diary any good?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 13, 2008 10:43:00 PM PDT
J. Schreiber says:
I have not read the Rum Diary but his account of a year with the Hell's Angels in Hell's Angels A Strange and Terrible Saga is nothing short of brilliant.

In reply to an earlier post on May 1, 2008 4:42:00 PM PDT
Derek Fay says:
The Rum Diary is very good. Hells Angels is a little slow to get into and I have to admit i never got very far into it. Instead I read the Rum Diary and loved every minuet of it.

In reply to an earlier post on May 2, 2008 6:18:58 AM PDT
Rory Feehan says:
Try The Great Shark Hunt - it is a great collection of some of his best writing. Very funny. It is a great mix of his work so you will have a much better view of the man. Enjoy!

http://totallygonzo.wordpress.com

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 16, 2008 5:06:46 AM PDT
Jack A. Lana says:
You guys should read the following of Hunters:

ScrewJack
Gonzo Way: Antia Thompson
Gonzo: The big picture book
The Rum Diary
Fearand loathing Campaign

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 7, 2008 5:55:20 PM PDT
i highly recommend "on the campaign trail '72" it's one of the funniest and most intersting books i ever read

Posted on Feb 28, 2009 2:32:49 PM PST
I suggest "Songs of the Doomed his" i believe it is his 3rd volume of "gonzo papers" but it is amazing there is an passage in there from "prince jellyfish" which was never finished or published that is amazing as well.

"Buy the ticket, take the ride"

Posted on Apr 1, 2011 1:18:53 PM PDT
mikepoeltl says:
Check out The Curse of Lono - That's a crazy ride through Hawaii with Ralph Steadman, Hunter and theiir families.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  8
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  Jan 1, 2008
Latest post:  Apr 1, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas by Ralph Steadman (Hardcover - June 1, 1998)
4.5 out of 5 stars (1,042)