Workplace Solutions Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty Gift with Purchase Gifts for Him Get up to $100 back on House Cleaning services MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Platinum artists Shop Now

Anyone else excited for LBPK?!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 33 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 22, 2012 11:49:14 AM PDT
Gamer Dude says:
First off, let me tell you that I am a huge LBP fan so I am totally stoked. I own every game so far and love them all. :) It's definitely going to be interesting creating levels in a 3D environment...

What do you guys think of the game? I'm really hoping there's release date shipping.

Posted on Mar 23, 2012 6:29:01 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Apr 11, 2012 7:24:39 PM PDT]

Posted on Mar 23, 2012 7:02:00 AM PDT
Jake says:
I'm so excited for this. I can't stop watching this trailer. I grew up with Mario Kart and Diddy Kong Racing, and the one thing that Diddy Kong Racing had that Mario Kart didn't have was a great story line (not that that's what sells a great Kart Racer) but when you put great racing in with an awesome story, and Sackboy, I think we are about to get something really special here. Can't Wait!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 23, 2012 11:05:43 PM PDT
Gamer Dude says:
Totally forgot about Diddy Kong Racing! I have to agree with you that having a story adds a little 'something'. Definitively going to be interesting how they integrate prize bubbles.

Let's just hope the Create Mode isn't dumbed down... I want to be able to use pistons, ropes, logic, corner editor, etc. unlike all the premade objects in Modnation Racers. And from the looks of it you aren't limited to the track but can actually build a free roam level. :)

Posted on Mar 24, 2012 9:08:43 AM PDT
pieisnotpi says:
With that Kevin Butler dlc I am!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 24, 2012 1:12:20 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 24, 2012 1:17:39 PM PDT
Brad says:
" I own every game so far and love them all. "
Every both of them?

I'm pretty pumped for a proper Battle Mode. This looks like it'll be the best since the original Mario Kart. So many hours spent in high school playing OG Battle Mode...

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 24, 2012 2:24:19 PM PDT
Gamer Dude says:
@Brad what do you mean every both of them? Like LBP, LBP:GOTY, LBP2, LBP2: Special Edition? Nahh I buy a lot of DLC so it's pointless for me to get the newer editions.

I'm with you on the Battle Mode, I remember also spending countless hours on Diddy Kong Racing playing the survival Ice Pyramid level.

Also looks like there will be a story mode which is a big plus in my book.

Posted on Mar 30, 2012 3:39:59 AM PDT
Ted R. says:
I was excited about this game until I saw the $59.99 price tag. I can't see myself wanting to spend that much for a kart racing game, or any racing game aside from Gran Turismo. I love LBP, but I didn't like Mod Nation Racers at all, so I am skeptical of this title. When I first read about it, I thought maybe it was just going to be a huge add-on for LBP 2, so I assumed it'd be about $30 at the most. I think I'll have to wait for the price to drop on this one, even though I'd love to have the Kevin Butler DLC. =/

Posted on Apr 2, 2012 7:44:54 AM PDT
Cruise says:
LBPK is made by the people who did ModNation Racers with the help of MediaMolecule.

Posted on Apr 8, 2012 12:15:40 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Apr 8, 2012 12:15:57 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 8, 2012 12:16:07 AM PDT
You realize Mario Kart wasn't the first game to do cart racing right? It's like saying Nintendo copied Hot Shots Golf with Mario Golf, which is stupid. Also, last time I checked Crash Tag Team racing was on Gamecube/Xbox.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 8, 2012 8:01:45 PM PDT
theres 3 of them

Posted on Apr 9, 2012 9:55:52 AM PDT
Gamer Dude says:
It's kind of ridiculous when some of you say "I wish this could just be an add on for LBP2 for less than 30 bucks."

You do know that LBP2 isn't actually 3D, right? And that '3D camera glitch' doesn't quite cut it. Not to mention LBPK is going to have 8 online co-op which isn't possible in LBP2.

I would just much rather have a standalone kart racing game. LBP already has enough add ons and extensions.

Posted on Apr 19, 2012 4:41:13 AM PDT
pasteyswazey says:
I for one am totally stoked for this. I'm addicted to Modnation Racers, and this looks like you can customize things even more than Modnation. It even has the battle mode I've only heard talked about from Mario Kart. What kart racing game came before Mario Kart?

I just like the endless tracks you can make if you aren't satisfied with the ones they give you or just get bored with them. I hope the community can publish one another's tracks. And the karts advertised in LBPK look awesome. It's got that cute appeal, but then you can still blow others to smitherines. Cool.

Posted on Apr 25, 2012 12:31:21 PM PDT
J. Razo says:
who's developing this? and yes cant wait for this. i skipped LBP2

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 25, 2012 4:20:22 PM PDT
Gamer Dude says:
@Gerardo, United Front Games is developing it. They're the guys who made Modnation Racers.

Outta curiosity.. why'd you skip LBP2?

Posted on May 11, 2012 5:05:53 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 11, 2012 5:06:19 PM PDT
KB!!!!!!!! Hope the customization is more like LBP then MNR

Posted on May 17, 2012 3:04:13 PM PDT
J. Razo says:
@gamer dude

too be honest i do not know... i guess i felt that it would be more of the same even though i know for a fact it isnt.

In reply to an earlier post on May 21, 2012 3:47:39 PM PDT
Gamer Dude says:
Well if you have 25 bucks to spare you should definitely get it. All the new tools and powerups are great and its much different. :)

Posted on May 23, 2012 9:14:08 AM PDT
hey! wasn't this supposed to ship on October??????

whyyyyyy?

In reply to an earlier post on May 25, 2012 8:38:22 PM PDT
Gamer Dude says:
That was just a placeholder date. The developer says it's coming in 2012 so I expect it sometime this Fall/Winter.

Posted on Jun 4, 2012 9:14:09 PM PDT
pUMPED!

Posted on Jun 6, 2012 7:25:04 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 6, 2012 7:26:34 PM PDT
E Seg says:
I just hope United Front doesn't screw it up with insane load times. That completely killed Mod Nation for me - especially in online games that would include lame tracks that took longer to load than actually play. I remember them saying when the game was released that there would be a patch to address that but I never saw it... And in an early preview from last month on IGN, load times was one of the complaints. :/

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 8, 2012 10:55:37 PM PDT
Gamer Dude says:
Oh yeah I heard about that about the demo's long load times. Good news though!! At E3 a guy reviewed the game and said that the load times are roughly that of LBP2's. So they must be constantly working on that. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 12, 2012 11:13:02 AM PDT
@keithehlis says:
I preferred Diddy Kong over Mario Kart, but love them both.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  18
Total posts:  33
Initial post:  Mar 22, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 27, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

This discussion is about
LittleBigPlanet Karting - Playstation 3
LittleBigPlanet Karting - Playstation 3 by Sony Computer Entertainment (PlayStation 3)
4.4 out of 5 stars (451)