Amazon Vehicles Fall Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now STEM

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 23, 2009 2:36:31 PM PDT
GreyCatGroup says:
I've got a Sony Blu Ray player, it is update to the current firmware version. So far, Generations and First Contact won't play but Insurrection will. Wonder if it is just a matter of waiting a few days for an update from Sony to fix? Anyone else?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 23, 2009 3:16:42 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 23, 2009 3:34:51 PM PDT
I'm on my second set of ST-Next Generation blu-rays. I bought the first set last night...brought it home and only "Generations" would play. I took it back to the store today and they changed it out for a new set. This afternoon i've tested all of the discs and they all play except for "First Contact". My Sharp blu-ray player is current with its updates, so I know thats not the problem!
The player reads the disc and then the drawer opens and a "incompatible disc" message appears on screen.
Any ideas on a solution?
UPDATE: I just reset my blu-ray to the factory setting and now that "incompatible disc" is playing fine! Not sure if this will work for all models of players but...its worth a shot.
Power up your player and let it boot up...then press and hold the power button for like 15 secs. In the little window on the player is flashed RESET...it worked for me.
Hope this helps!

Posted on Sep 23, 2009 7:00:33 PM PDT
GreyCatGroup says:
The disks seem to be very finicky. After trying a few times got each to play. I've had similar problems with other disks before. From what I've read, Blu Rays are much more sensitive than regular dvd's
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  Sep 23, 2009
Latest post:  Sep 23, 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions