Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEMClub17_gno

Format: Audio CD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 35 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 72 reviews
on May 31, 2011
Just a comment, and I don't want to give a low rating to Patti's (et al.) fabulous recording... which I already own. Do not be misled, as I was, by the "2011" date on this CD -- this is NOT the recent revival with Sutton Foster. I could have sworn her name was listed on the description page when I pre-ordered this, but I may have been mistaken. At the time I placed my order, there were no audio samples or descriptions from the publisher.

Considering you can still buy the 1988 CD (for a few bucks cheaper), I'm not sure what Sony was thinking with this re-release, especially as it comes in a cardboard wallet rather than a plastic jewel case. It's the exact same tracks from that version, only with a 2011 copyright date. It also doesn't help that this CD is the first result when searching for "anything goes 2011" or "anything goes sutton foster" on Amazon. Very confusing.

After a bit of googling, I discovered that the real 2011 revival recording was just announced last week, so hopefully it will be available later this year.
on August 10, 2015
I saw the musical in Broadway a long time ago with my children and never forgot it. I loved the chance to hear it again by the original players, specially Patty Lupone. You cannot go wrong with Cole Porter.
on December 31, 2011
Music from the great Cole Porter still packs a wollop. Patti
LuPone was a pleasant surprise in the lead. I hadn't heard of
her before and think she has a better voice than Ethal Merman
that LuPone has been doing reprises of on stage such as Gypsy,
and Anything Goes. After researching her, I found she was in
Evita and Les Miserables. I am enjoying this recording immensly.
on February 1, 2016
My daughter loves show tunes, and vinyl. I couldn't go wrong with this one! Love it!
on February 23, 2014
I was worried that I wouldn't be receiving the right recording, but it is the 1987 Patti LuPone version. There are some really cool pictures inside of the show. I ordered this for Anything Goes research and this is the recording.
on July 15, 2016
Pretty similar to the Beaumont version.
on September 11, 2014
I love this music. I saw a local production several years ago and could have gone every night.
on May 5, 2016
Great voices, and such wonderful music!
on December 8, 2009
Wow! I just want to say thank you to the seller first off - the quality was incredible! Thank you so much! Secondly, this production is phenomenal! Patti LuPone really gives it her all here and it shows! I love this show and this recording is the best representaion to Cole Porter and his wonderful music! What a performance! I'm sad I didn't get to view it Live at the Lincon Center!
on December 28, 2013
Anything Goes is great music........and I am pleased with this purchase.
Cole Porter was indeed great, more people need to teach his music to their children.