Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.99 shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
Anything You Want: 40 Lessons for a New Kind of Entrepreneur Hardcover – September 15, 2015
|New from||Used from|
Books with Buzz
Discover the latest buzz-worthy books, from mysteries and romance to humor and nonfiction. Explore more
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Tim Ferriss Reviews Anything You Want
Tim Ferriss is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of The 4-Hour Body and The 4-Hour Workweek. He has a diverse background of experience, including working as an actor, speaking seven foreign languages, holding a world record in tango, and being a national Chinese kickboxing champion. He has written for Maxim and the Philadelphia Inquirer, has appeared on MTV and CBS radio, and has been interviewed or featured in such major publications as the New York Times, Los Angeles Times, and more. Read his review of Derek Sivers's Anything You Want:
I love this book!
Derek is the entrepreneur's entrepreneur. Just as important, perhaps more so--he is a phenomenal teacher. Whether detailing the fascinating rise of CDBaby, explaining catastrophic (but common) founder mistakes, or teaching me about relational databases in two minutes using analogies, he makes the complex simple. Moreover, he makes it all actionable.
If you want a true manifesto, a guidebook with clear signposts, and a fun ride you'll return to again and again, you have it here in this book. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. --Tim FerrissDerek Sivers's Recommended Reading
We asked author and founder of CD Baby Derek Sivers to tell us about the books that have influenced him the most as an entrepreneur. His list includes everything from What Got You Here Won't Get You There: How Successful People Become Even More Successful to The Geography of Bliss: One Grump's Search for the Happiest Places in the World. Check out Derek's complete list of recommended reading for those aspiring to follow their passion to build a successful business--and a rewarding life.
See the complete list of Derek's recommended reading
--This text refers to the MP3 CD edition.
"If you want a true manifesto, a guidebook with clear signposts, and a fun ride you'll return to again and again, you have it here in this book. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did."
—TIM FERRISS, author of The 4-Hour Workweek
"[I] burned through the book in about an hour. Wow. Really. Derek shares some of the principles (and anti-principles) he learned and applied during his time as an accidental entrepreneur and how to grow a business without losing your soul."
—TODD HENRY, author of Die Empty
"One of the best hours you’ll ever spend will be reading Derek Sivers’s new book…Anything You Want."
Browse award-winning titles. See more
Top customer reviews
Three key takeaways from the book:
1. Delegation is key in the business (especially when you grow), however, with delegation trust but verify. Furthermore delegation doesn't not mean abdication.
2. If you're not saying "Hell Yeah!" to an idea/approach etc. then say no!
3. Siver's Tao of Business: Care about your customers more than about yourself and you'll do well.
Derek does an outstanding job simplifying the lessons through his life and business experience. Here's a couple key points that hit home:
1. It should NEVER be about the money. If you're in a business or pursuing a dream for the money chase, that chase will lead you down the wrong path.
2. It's always about the customer. Whenever making a business decision, Derek always asks what would the customer say about this decision I'm making. So many cool stories of the simple small things Derek did that his customers loved.
3. Business (or lifestyle) should be based around what you want. It should be your utopia, too many entrepreneurs try to please other people, investors, etc. and lose sight of what really matter to them. Derek explains this process through his incredible business journey.
Thank you Derek for bring this book to the world!!
Do only what makes you happy, not just for the money .
The best part of this book is that it is very sobering with some hilarious stories and comparisons that validate the silliness of human behaviour in certain situations.
Read this book to get wiser and inspired to do things differently.