- Audible Audio Edition
- Listening Length: 1 hour and 31 minutes
- Program Type: Audiobook
- Version: Unabridged
- Publisher: Brilliance Audio
- Audible.com Release Date: June 29, 2011
- Whispersync for Voice: Ready
- Language: English
- ASIN: B0058LXVH0
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Anything You Want: 40 Lessons for a New Kind of Entrepreneur Audiobook – Unabridged
|New from||Used from|
|Free with your Audible trial|
Audio CD Library Binding, Audiobook, CD, Unabridged
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top Customer Reviews
I was brought to this book through Seth Godin's Blog. It was an excellent read to me because it seemed to be a very honest and realistic discourse. The points of inspiration in this book are not Pollyanna-ish in the least. Sivers made errors, retreated, emerged, retreated again and then emerged again. Ups and downs. No smooth path. And he relates it very clearly.
I have built a successful business over the past 7 years but I have not enjoyed the ride. I am always looking to the end. But now that things are much better, I look back and see that I could have really enjoyed the process much more, and really it is the process that is the juice for me.
Sivers distills this very very well in writing about his experiences. Reading this has shaken me up tonight and brought to the forefront of my mind thoughts that I need to make some serious changes finally that will make me happier and my business more successful.
Thank you Derek Sivers for this book!
Three key takeaways from the book:
1. Delegation is key in the business (especially when you grow), however, with delegation trust but verify. Furthermore delegation doesn't not mean abdication.
2. If you're not saying "Hell Yeah!" to an idea/approach etc. then say no!
3. Siver's Tao of Business: Care about your customers more than about yourself and you'll do well.
Derek does an outstanding job simplifying the lessons through his life and business experience. Here's a couple key points that hit home:
1. It should NEVER be about the money. If you're in a business or pursuing a dream for the money chase, that chase will lead you down the wrong path.
2. It's always about the customer. Whenever making a business decision, Derek always asks what would the customer say about this decision I'm making. So many cool stories of the simple small things Derek did that his customers loved.
3. Business (or lifestyle) should be based around what you want. It should be your utopia, too many entrepreneurs try to please other people, investors, etc. and lose sight of what really matter to them. Derek explains this process through his incredible business journey.
Thank you Derek for bring this book to the world!!