Industrial Deals Beauty MagazinestoInspire STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning britboxlaunch britboxlaunch britboxlaunch  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-4 of 4 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 22 reviews
on August 30, 1999
I bought this book based on the great reviews here at Amazon. I don't have a clue why reviewers here thought it was so good. I should have known better and bought the O'Reilly book to start.
Most of the text consists of dry run throughs of various configuration settings - much of which probably came right from the online Apache manual. There were many errors. And, contrary to reviewers who claimed the author was open for questions, when I sent email asking about possible errata, the email was returned with an invalid address. The author's web site is also gone.
I also was unhappy that there was next to nothing about Java servlets and Apache.
The O'Reilly book got so-so reviews, but I can't imagine how it can be worse than this one.
on November 7, 2011
Great book, very helpful, I use it often, it has helped me discover and resolve many issues, This book is very detailed but easy to understand. Amazon had the best price by far and I Highly recommend this book and recommend you buy it form Amazon.
on November 28, 2014
This is NOT a Bible, but a computer book. Put it into the trash. bb
on October 17, 2000
My requirements: Apache+SSL+PHP
This book does cover some fundamental concepts but provides too few examples (especially in the areas of installation and getting SSL up and running). I had to refer to the website more often than the book.
Good, but not good enough.