Apache Server For Dummies 1st Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the Back Cover
Free Apache Server "Cheat Sheet" Inside!
Whether you're a novice or an experienced Webmaster interested in setting up an Internet or intranet, this book is for you. Apache Server For Dummies® helps you understand the details of providing Web content with the terrifically popular Apache Web Server. You will quickly and easily find out how to install and configure Apache, take control of the command-line environment, and set up your own piece of the Net. Valuable Bonus CD Includes:
- Apache 1.3: A Web server for UNIX and LINUX users
- GNU GZIP: A UNIX utility to compress your files and save space
- GNU C Compiler: Build UNIX Apache Web server software from scratch
- Lynx Character Cell Web Browser: A UNIX Web browser for terminals
Inside, find helpful advice on how to:
- Install the Apache Web server
- Create your Web document hierarchy
- Use CGI and Perl scripts with Apache
- Set up password-protected Web pages
- Use the Apache Web server to make your system look like multiple Web sites
- Troubleshoot problems with your Apache Web server
- Record accesses to your Web server
- Monitor your Apache Web server's activity
About the Author
- Item Weight : 1.5 pounds
- Paperback : 355 pages
- ISBN-13 : 978-0764502910
- Dimensions : 7.5 x 0.93 x 9.2 inches
- ISBN-10 : 0764502913
- Publisher : For Dummies; 1st edition (February 6, 1998)
- Language: : English
- Best Sellers Rank: #2,704,852 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews:
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Mandrake 7.1 and Caldera OpenLinux are available here in the software store, both a very good choice, it will get you up and running quickly and easily. This book is easy to understand and it gets you excited about becoming a web master. Highly recommended. END
This one is good though. It gives enough information so you do not feel like a complete "dummy"
This book assumes "You've used UNIX at some point." This is not an illogical assumption considering that the Apache server is software that runs on a UNIX OS. However, I feel that this is worth pointing out because many people who have only used Windows are now telnetting to remote computers to work on websites and are looking for a better understanding of the Apache webserver.
This book is full of good information but it will not give Windows users a simple way to understand Apache.