Industrial Deals HPC Magazine Deals Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Listen for a chance to win Electronics Gift Guide Limited time offer Handmade Last Minute Gifts Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon JCVJ JCVJ JCVJ  All-new Echo Save $10 on Fire 7. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

• Customer reviews

on August 12, 2015
This was my first attempt at building a PC, and this case was pretty good!

The notches for the standoffs are marked so it's incredibly easy to place them. All the parts fit and aligned perfectly. My only complaint is that the pictures on the handbook were somewhat difficult to read, but for most builders who are experienced, that's no problem as you already know what to do. It's mostly about the order you place things in anyway, it's pretty self-explanatory.

Daisying the fans together was no problem at all, I honestly don't even consider it an issue, not sure why so many people here seem to mind it so much. It was actually a very nice touch having the fans and even room for additional cooling systems if you want it - though for most builds the amount of fans is plenty, you really won't need more. This tower has excellent ventilation.

Inserting the optical drives was very easy, though like another user here mentioned, once you remove the plastic it won't go back in so make sure you know what you're doing or you'll have a gaping hole in your tower and that doesn't look good at all.

The hard drive was incredibly easy to place and hook up, there was plenty of room for more and I felt the layout was very simple.

I might have preferred the power supply being closer to the top of the tower, but it wasn't that big a deal and I actually ended up loving the layout overall.

The USB connections and such near the top are excellent, my old PC did not have that, nor could my old motherboard support it so I was very happy about it. Plus this tower glows a lovely blue and I liked that very much.

I didn't buy this tower for the temperature reading, so I didn't even bother setting up that bit, but if you do care for that know that there are several ways to go about it.

You can just stick the temperature part into the processing chassis, nothing else required. You can also use thermal tape to stick it in - not required though, but for some reason sticking tape to the processing chassis seems like a bad idea to me. You can also measure the temperature of other things like the hard drive which i would never think to do because well, I just wouldn't I suppose.

Overall it's a tower, it does its job, there isn't much more to expect or consider. If you're incredibly picky about these things you could go another route as I've heard complaints about things like the temperature reading but to me I just wanted an easy to build budget case that I could play my games on that was available over Amazon Prime so it's serving my needs perfectly.

Also to note, this case can fit a lot of motherboards, it had most types marked. If you're new to PC building, make sure to look up if your motherboard will fit your tower and stuff.
on June 16, 2016
Wow the case is really good. Looks way better in person than on photos. Comes with fans already installed. The only pain I had with this was all the fan wires that I had to manage to put somehow together at the back of the case connected molex to molex one another... But It was not a problem is just that it has so many cables from fans and the temperature lcd, etc. You need plenty of time to set this up really good. I enjoyed building my desktop with this case it looks nice, have plenty of features and all of that. Apevia have won my respect! Awesome Case! Love it!
on January 4, 2014
Got this for my son's new gaming computer & he loves it. Maybe I missed it in the description, but it actually comes with all the fans installed - I was expecting to have to install them, so that was a pleasant surprise. Installing the MB was easy - plenty of room to work with. Recommended.
on April 27, 2014
I chose this rating as it has plenty of case fans (5 total), but the plugs for the fans are 4 pin molex that you can daisy chain together if you want, but no motherboard fan connectors. The 4 pin molex plug pins do not saty in the connector straight and is quite hard to plug in as some of the pins push out the back when plugged together. If it had come with motherboard fan plugs as well I would have given it 5 stars.
on January 20, 2014
This case has a ton of room inside to fit large components and a lot of 3.25" and 5" bays. The LCD on the front is nice to know the temperature inside of the case. This case also came with a lot of fans, too many for the rig I was building in my opinion but it was really easy to pull out a couple fans and keep them for later. I used this case to build my fiance's computer and she loves the color. I love the size and expandability of this case, should last a number of builds.
on August 26, 2015
Overall, this is a pretty good case. Cool design, good front ports, tons of built-in case fans, etc. I also like the front covers for the 5.25" expansion bays. They are really easy to take off and on, which is nice when you plan on swapping out different configurations as you go. It also has plenty of space in the 3.5" drive bay for extra hard drives. I love the green side panel window, which comes with a large LED case fan built in. The sensor for the front temperature gauge is a heat sensor that you just stick between the fins of your cpu heat sink. Not sure how accurate it is yet. I'll find out once I get a core temp program installed for comparison. It's also neat that the case comes with a built-in hotswap slot on the front panel. I don't really have a need for this at the moment, but it is cool.

With all that being said, I do have a few gripes about this case. For one, it's a bit cramped. My CPU heat sink (a Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO) barely fits in the case. I actually had to remove the large case fan on the side panel to make room for the heat sink. My GPU also takes up a ton of space, and I had to bend the power cords going to it in order to get the case to close.

The specs for this case also say that it has one 2.5" drive bay. This "drive bay" is actually just 4 screw holes in the bottom of the case under the main hard drive bay. Unfortunately, when I attached my SSD drive to the case like this, there wasn't enough room to actually plug in the SATA and power cables. I ended up getting a 2.5" to 3.5" bay adapter, and mounting the SSD drive in one of the 3.5" bay slots.

As I said, this is a pretty nice case overall. It has a good design and lots of cool features. The biggest issues are the crappy SSD mount and that I'm running out of space. I managed to get everything for my gaming rig into this case, but there isn't enough room to add anymore large components, like a second graphics card.
on August 16, 2016
I bought the Apevia X-Dreamer 4 case for my son's first build and was disappointed to see the prominent side 200 mm fan was DOA. Upon letting them know, I was told I had to ship it back to them at my expense. When buying a value case, one doesn't necessarily expect the highest quality, but it is expected to work.

Other than that the case has served it's purpose. The fans that do operate are enough to keep the contents cool and the thermometer is both functional and pleasing to the eye. The material is obviously going to be less sturdy than other cases due to it's price, but it has not yet cracked in my childless household under the supervision of my son who treats it like gold. My only other problem with the case is the power supply fans that you must form a daisy chain to connect fully. This tends to make fitting everything away a challenge.
on November 21, 2015
Love this box, I was expecting a plane Jane and its anything but. Pleasantly surprised that it had a 2.5 hot swap hdd port in the front for convenience. This was not mentioned in the description.
review image
on January 15, 2015
Great case. Other than the fact that you can't remove the bay drives or HDD bays without permanetly removing them as they are riveted in, I don't have any complaints. The tempeture gage on the front is awesome and it has a reset and power off buttons on the front as well. The case is made mostly of metal and is very durrable. The green plastic on the side panel seems pretty cheap though. Both sidepanels do come off the case (which is pretty standard in most cases) they are held on my by two screws on each side.

Also note, at least on my case, I had to solder the wires from the molex connecter included, to the sidepanel fan. Maybe this is the standard for cases, I wouldn't know as this is my first case purchase.

It also important to note that is if you have a video card over 300mm you will only be able to fit one of those card in this case and only in the top PCI slot. I you planned on SLIing two Gigabyte GTX 970s in the future like I did, this case will not fit both of them, unless you remove the HDD bays which are riveted into the case. If you have the smaller GTX 970s that only have one or two fans, then you will be able to fit them both in there no problem. Seeing as most cards aren't over 300mm you shouldn't have a problem.
on January 22, 2016
For a cheap case, this is decent. In mine, one of the aluminum pieces of the HDD drive bay was bent, but not unusable. The materials feel a little cheap, but nothing snapped during assembly or maintenance over 6 months. Otherwise, I rather like the internal layout, and it fits my current setup fine and will accommodate the upgrades I have in mind for the future. I was happy with the number of fans on this, but they are not balanced well and make more noise then they should(though the loudest two right themselves after being on max rpm for 5-6 minutes.) Also a downside, the larger fan on the side has larger slats open than it looked like in the picture, almost a quarter inch. I live in a dusty house at the moment, and that thing is blowing dust on my mobo and precious GPU if its plugged in pretty badly. Overall decent, but a tad overpriced.