Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 127 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 141 reviews
on August 30, 2013
Really brings vibrancy and a new dimension of sound to your TV experience. Particularly nice for a large room without professional surround sound installation. Good purchase, recommend.
on October 22, 2013
Apex is not a high-end electronics manufacturer and that is reflected in their prices. Based on previous Apex products, my expectations were not high, but nor were my needs--just something basic and better than the built in TV speakers. Yet, I was pleasantly surprised by the quality and performance of this sound bar. It was a huge improvement over my TV rear-facing speakers. The shape looks nice sitting on the TV stand, but is fully capable of mounting to the wall. It's easy to set-up and sound is great. The various modes of sound make minor changes and I found that Movie mode provides the best bass response. The volume is great and speakers are not over-driven to distortion. Simple and responsive remote control for volume and modes. The Bluetooth feature works very well--paired quickly with my iPhone and allows me to stream my iHeart Radio app or my play list directly to the sound bar. Great basic sound bar to replace TV speakers but will not please those who want theater-like surround experience with booming bass.
on December 14, 2013
This is an awesome soundbar. The voice is clear and loud if you want it to. And that company has the best customer service I have ever met. Actually, at first the soundbar I received has a little noise when it was turn-on. I called the company to ask if they can fix it or do I use it a wrong way. They even didn't ask me if I did it wrong. They just apologize so sincerely and send me a new one directly. And the new one works perfect! I like the soundbar. It is convenient especially the bluetooth. Moreover, I like their service. It shows honesty and reliability. If you want to buy this, you don't need to worry anything. That is a good service is!
on November 24, 2014
This Apex Digital Soundbar is great in price, sound quality, ease of setup and Bluetooth connectivity. The only issue I had was because my television supports a sole optical digital audio output, where the sound bar supports L/R analog audio inputs. This was easy enough to fix with the addition of a Digital to Analog audio converter with an Optical TOSLink cable. All other necessary cables are included with the Soundbar.

I also purchased an externally powered subwoofer to pair with the Soundbar (Polk Audio PSW10 10in - an amazing Sub.This particular setup requires 1 RCA Male to 2 RCA Male Subwoofer Audio Cable in order to connect the sub to the Soundbar). The Sub paired with the Soundbar creates a seriously great sound system for both music and movies and at a very reasonable price. I would highly recommend this Soundbar.
on January 28, 2014
I bought the speakers to listen to more music with my TV.
The sound is clear and I can listen to music across two rooms without distortion.
If it is rated at 250 watts, it is not super load and I have heard louder speakers.
The bass is not booming but adequate for parties and can be connected with a separate subwoofer.

It is easy to connect with a set of hybrid cables for either aux jack or audio left/right jacks but there is no HDMI connection.
Pairing with bluetooth is also easy and nice to have to listen to music from my phone.

The speaker remote function allows for volume control up to 30 and bass control up to 20.
The volume cannot be controlled with other remotes so it must be controlled with the provided remote.
There are 3 presets for the equalizer: Flat, Music, or Game but simplified and cannot be customized.

The shape is a little awkward since it is rounded and sloped.
I do not have enough room to place it in front of my TV so I put in the back facing up to the ceiling that distributes the sound adequately.
There is also the option to mount it on the wall.
I wish I could have placed my TV on the speakers or could stand it on the floor if the shape was more flat.
on July 2, 2016
Was very excited to get this soundbar after reading so many great reveiws, only to be severely let down. First we opened the package to find the batterys were leaking their acid in the back. Made the mistake of mounting it first. After mounting the speaker and hooking up the audio cable, turned it on and nothing. Moved the cable around and got static. Went out and bought a new cable and finally get sound. Now im even more disapointed to find out the sound quality is no better than my tv speakers. The bluetooth didnt want to connect at first, aftee 29 minutes of playing with it, it paired. The bluetooth function is cool but the sound quality just isnt there.
on January 5, 2014
I already had a 5.1 Surround sound system set up for my parents family room, but the problem was that with the complex receiver, and my fathers ability to push all the wrong buttons constantly. The sound was always screwed up. They would always have problems with not being able to hear Dialog, in the movies they watched, and if there was any action the explosions, or background music was always super loud. I opted to replace their surround system with the soundbar because of this problem.
This was the perfect solution. The Apex soudbar sounds great, and is very simple to use. Watching movies with this is perfect. Dialog from movies are clear and the action scenes are not over powering. There are only 3 preprogrammed equalizer settings to choose from, but that's all my folks need. No more constantly adjusting the volume to hear dialog then readjusting for overpowering background music, or action scenes.
The only reason for the 4 out of 5 stars is because I opted to keep the external subwoofer from their previous surround sound setup, and because of the placement of the output jack, this will not go flush to the wall if you decide to hang it. The sub wire sticks straight out from the back. The second reason is because for some reason the TiVo remote will not pair with the soudbar volume control. Giving my folks an extra remote that they have to mess with when watching TV.
In conclusion This is a great sounding Soundbar at all volumes, and the Bluetooth is just an extra added bonus.
on January 24, 2014
Great sound and bass. The volume is from 1-30 and I am using it on about 15 and it is plenty loud to fill the room. Crisp clear sound and just enough bass not to over power you. The buttons on the remote are all in the right place for easy use. You can control the volume/sub/sources/sound effect like movie/game/flat. It easily paired with my motto phone. I need to order a dongle for my laptop to test it.

I have a 42" Panasonic TV which only has an Toslink optic cable port, so I had to order a converter box and Toslink cable. After hooking it up it worked fine for several days, then the sound just quit. But the sound was great until it quit. I had already thrown away the box. Thinking it was the sound bar, I ordered another one just to use the new box to send the other one back. Turns out, both of the sound bars were fine, it was the TV port that went bad. Anyway, to say how much I like the bars, I am keeping both of them and putting one in my workshop. Looks great, sounds great, great price!

I read about some humming some experienced, I had no such problem. Sometimes you can get that though a poor jack/port connection.
VINE VOICEon July 23, 2015
I got this soundbar to improve the sound quality on my LG 50la6200 tv (although that tv does have good sound - this makes it better). It sits in front of my TV and puts out great "home theater" sound. It was easy to connect to the TV and comes with a remote so that you can adjust the volume and do other things. However, I always have my soundbar set to the maximum volume of 30 (Spinal Tap eat your heart out! Your amp goes up to a measly 11 - well this baby goes up to 30!) - and then control the actual volume by using my TV's volume control on the TV remote - that way I don't have to juggle both remotes. I guess the sound would be even better with an external subwoofer - but, frankly, this does the job for me.
on April 6, 2014
we ordered this item to get better/louder sound for our mounted, flat screen tv. it's ideal for the not-so-large living room we have. when first hooked up, there was no sound due to our tv lacking the necessary aux. sound input. i contacted the Ares company & told them what the problem was. for free, they mailed me an adapter & instructions, so now it works & sounds perfect.
many thanks to Andy over there!
* if you're mounting this, make sure also that it's attached where your wall studs are (or at least 1 of the studs). best location is under the tv. u also may want to buy longer screws/anchors, when u drill the holes, to make it more sturdy. our first effort was unsuccessful, but now i know how to spackle a wall.