Truck Reviews Beauty Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on March 21, 2014
I've said it before and I'll say it again...each book is more exciting than the last!!! Although I have never been considered a religious person I have enjoyed every sentence that I have read so far. If you like adventure, you will enjoy this series.

I really liked reading about the demonic locusts sent from hell by Apollyon (at least I am pretty sure that is his name; I do know Apollyon means "destroyer" and if I understand right, he is the devil himself). The description was enough to make you squirm!

I will be moving on to "Assassins" immediately. I can't wait to see what comes next!!! I'm interested to see how Chloe and the rest of the group will manage to keep a young child safe; or if it is even possible during such trying times.
on August 20, 2014
I am loving this series. It is making me realise too just how easily we could be living in end times, it encourages me to watch and wait prayerfully. I know some people have made comments about other series being more biblically correct, but I haven't read those series and I find it quite scriptural. Am already reading the next book and am very pleased that there are a few more good reads awaiting me when I finish the current one.
I am also enjoying being walked through Revelations - the mysterious and yet quite readable and in places flat out bizzare book of the bible, and being reminded of what is to come. Hope there is such thing as the Rapture... debate still rages in Christian circles and I don't have to be one of the ones living through it.
on July 4, 2013
What can you say about a fiction book?

I gave it 4 stars because it is fiction that is loosely based upon scripture. Makes interesting reading, especially when you look at what some of this current crazy so-called POTUS and his regime is/has been doing. Looking forward to reading the rest of the series.

The book I purchased was in excellent condition, complete with dust cover and library loan record card. There were no markings in the book, as near collectors quality as you can get without it being totally new.
on October 7, 2014
I know there are a lot of people who are wondering how long this series can possibly go on, how many more books does this author have in him? Well, in my opinion, the more the merrier! I think the way he extends the plot and twists it is nothing short of amazing. I really feel like I'm there, and these characters are my friends and family. I think these books just keep getting more and more amazing. This series is awesome!
on September 4, 2014
Fantastic! This book is the 5th in the Left Behind series, based on the book of Revelation in the Bible. They are all wonderful. I have trouble putting them down. In this book Nicholae Carpathia is assassinated are resurrected as satan. I find this series interesting and helpful in understanding the book of Revelation prophesies.
on March 9, 2017
As many times as I've read this series, it never goes old or fails to inspire me to tell others of God's Son and my wonder Savior. Thank you for these books.
on April 5, 1999
These are great books! Went through this one in a few days! I recommend them to everyone. TO Mr. Jenkins & Mr. La Haye: For us older readers, don't eliminate the recapping. When we wait something like 8 months between reading them, we forget who some of the characters are. I think if I were sitting down and reading the whole series in one sitting, the recapping wouldn't be needed. But since most readers are current, and we're waiting until the next book comes out, all that time goes by and we can't remember what the whole deal with Amanda was, or who the other Christian guy working with Carpathia was, a couple books ago, for example.....These are great books to read when going through hard times and not wanting to think too much about your present situation. Very uplifting! Thank you Mr. Jenkins and Mr. La Haye!!!! God Bless you!!
on July 18, 2017
I AM VERY FAMILIAR WITH THE ENTIRE LEFT BEHIND SERIES. THIS IS MY 2ND TIME THROUGH.
on September 6, 2017
All the books in this series are great.
VINE VOICEon October 18, 2000
After reading the fifth in the Left Behind series I guess I should start with the positive. LaHaye and Jenkins manage to keep the momentum moving that for me really just started with "Soul Harvest." The action kicks off in Israel with a religious summit that culminates in a breakneck escape for Chloe,Buck, & Tsion. This is what these guys do best; Write great action sequences. Unfortunately even these feel strained with unbelievability this time out.To have Buck Williams fall off an ascending plane and only wind up with scratches and abrasions in almost laughable. There is on the other hand a detailed and suspenseful sequence when the destroyer, Apollyon, unleashes his demon locusts to attack the nonbelievers. The interesting thing about all the books is how the authors are going to dramatically handle what the book of Revelations has prophesized. And now that the seals and trumpets are being opened and sounded, there's plenty of obsticles for the protagonists to battle. Still, the problems I've had with the earlier books have maintained their annoying aspects. Dialogue still sounds like a bad 1940s tv show, and characters and relationships are still one dimensional. Hattie still remains the most deplorable victim of this, making her so annoying I wish they'd knock her off and put all of us out of our misery. Not to mention,who knows why the authors chose to make mention of her one remaining relative who's also unsaved and just happens to be working in an abortion clinic. (Cause that's where bad people would work.) It had nothing to do with the plot, and the character never turned up again. Gee, had they found her in the last book she could've arranged for Hattie to get that abortion she wanted and be rid of the Antichrist's baby sooner.
Whatever.
Again, as I've said at the end of my reviews of the other books in the series, I'll continue to read the rest of them. Despite their abundant flaws I still want to see who makes it to the end.
6 people found this helpful