Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Prophets of Rage PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 66 reviews(3 star, Verified Purchases). See all 1,203 reviews
on December 16, 2016
Not on the class with Grisham's "Sycamore Row" but better than most of what passes as fiction novels today. A good story though I felt the author left the reader hanging by not bringing the story to a definite end.
on September 22, 2014
I really like reading Grisham books and all though this won was enjoyable it didn't gab me like the others. I thought the story took a long time to develop and the ending, which is surprising, wasn't as well written as others. However I'll definitely keep reading his books.
on August 6, 2017
I enjoyed the book,typical Grisham characters and plot, central
Character was ambivalent and conflicted, a bit hard to love, made more
Human by events in the final chapters
on July 30, 2014
After reading it and being engrossed in it, I give "The Appeal" 5 stars for being an engaging read, with characters you come to like and want to hear more from, but [spoiler alert] I give it a 2 for a real downer of an ending, when it could so easily have been an uplifting ending. It might be a more real life type of ending, but I had really hoped the little guy in this story would win in the end.
on October 9, 2015
I usually like most novels by John Grisham - however, this one I did not like the ending! I understand the story is more realistic - but when I read a novel I want entertainment where good guys always win :) Here the bad guys make out like bandits! For that I can read the Wall Street Journal!
on September 22, 2016
Moved a long at what some might say "slowly" but i found I liked the pace and the character development.
The ending, however, was absolutely not what I expected.
A good read nevertheless.
on August 9, 2015
I feel that his works are getting so essentially the same. It's like he sets the hook and then rushed through the balance like he can't wait to finish. Tired of paying top dollar for half a novel. This steady diet of legal subjects. His other novels and.his short stories are far better.
on January 30, 2017
The bad guys win. The good guys lose. The events of the book lead up to an appeal, but no appeal. This is not a feel good book. Nothing uplifting.
on May 10, 2016
Entertaining read, but somewhat anti-climactic at the end. Demonstrates some interesting dynamics in US politics worth keeping in mind when you cast your next vote!
on September 11, 2017
The book was very good, until the ending. It was very weak.