|Item model number||MA538LL/A|
|Item Weight||15.2 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||8.2 x 6.5 x 2.5 inches|
|Item Dimensions L x W x H||8.25 x 6.5 x 2.5 inches|
Apple 60W Power Adapter for MacBook
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 60 Watts Power
- AC adapter is made specifically for your MacBook. Genuine Apple - Original Apple parts - Authentic OEM Apple AC adapter
- Designed to be the perfect traveling companion, the adapter has a clever design, which allows the DC cable to be wound neatly around itself for easy cable storage.
- This power adapter recharges the lithium polymer battery while the system is off, on, or in sleep mode.
- It also powers the system if you choose to operate without a battery.
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers Also Shopped For
Top Customer Reviews
I'm not rating the design of the adapter. This product, however, does what it should -- it replaces a faulty power adapter for a Macbook.
it's the ultra thin cord and its common point of bending at where
it connects to the macbook, specifically at just before the magsafe
ending. After using my macbook for a year, the cord suddenly smelled
like it was burning.. the covering on the cord melted off.. sparked
smoked some more.. then kaput completely, argh! googled cost for new
one, $80 bucks a pop. Checked out apple's site for reviews on same
adapter and same problem came up with others.. over and over again.
I luv apple comps., but this power adapter is faulty. Go read the
reviews at apple's site! Almost 600 now, and most negative.. having
same burnout happening to others in usually same spot. I suggest
contacting your local apple service center and getting the tech
support number with Apple and talking with them before dishing out
your mula. I'll grab a new one if they don't replace, but will
definately re-inforce this area around magnetic end so as not to
create a stresspoint that breaks the connection. Just a heads-up.
That being said, I found it OK to purchase one from third party sellers. I was hesitant at first because of the low price, but after recently ordering one from "smart_parts_usa", I think it is a good deal. The item comes without the extension cable, but if you are replacing an older adapter, you probably still have the extension cable anyway.
The comment below applies to the Apple original adapter, not knock-off or used items.
Although we Apple product users have been spoiled by the ingenious design found in the power adapter since the second generation of PowerBook Titanium was introduced almost eight years ago, there are still serious flaws.
I will mention the timeless and positive elements first.
1. removable/exchangeable power connector. This allows you to leave the long power cable connected in the office and at home, and just switch out the flip-prong plug. This way you don't have to bend down and unplug the whole cord, not to mention the weight saving when you travel.
2. for the same wattage, Apple's adapter is far smaller and lighter than other notebook brands' adapters or other 'Apple compatible' after-market adapters.
3. although nothing new, the MagSafe connector provides added protection when someone trips over the cable or if you accidentally 'run' away with the MacBook/MacBook Pro.
4. you may buy an expensive 'figure-8' connector at each location that you frequently visit, so you don't have to hunt for AC outlet each time you need to use your power adapter.
Now, the ugly.
1. to make the power cord more flexible, the material inside of the cable is prone to wear and breaks easily (breakage inside cannot be seen unless you X-ray it).
2. after seven years of problems, Apple has learned to turn the power cable 90°. The biggest problem with the side-accessed design is that we often have materials next to the computer as we work, so those cables and connectors just get in the way.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
These thin little cords are the weak link in the Mac system. I love that they are magnetic; for anyone who has pets, the ability for the cord to disengage can prevent an expensive... Read morePublished 1 month ago by K. Harvey
Works just like the original one, but I question the need to have to replace my charger to begin with.... You'd wish they'd make these things to not break.Published 8 months ago by Sam U.
I have had to replace this power adapter again. This is the third one in 4 years. The wire that connects from the transformer or power supply to the laptop is shedding its... Read morePublished 12 months ago by David Bonhomme