- Number of Ports: 2
- UNII Maximum Frequency: 5 GHz
- Wireless Transmission Speed: 54 Mbps
- ISM Maximum Frequency: 2.40 GHz
Apple Airport Express MB321LL/A
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Take the music from the iTunes library on your computer and sends it wirelessly to any stereo or speakers in your home
- Print wirelessly through AirPort Express--it's almost like having a printer in every room of the house
- Wirelessly share photos, movies, and other files without having to worry about slow data transmissions
- The AirPort Express Base Station now features 802.11n, the next-generation high-speed wireless technology included with most shipping Mac computers and some newer PCs with compatible cards
- Industry-standard encryption technologies built into AirPort Express, including WPA/WPA2 and 128-bit WEP, plus a built-in firewall that creates a barrier between your network and the Internet
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
The software that comes with new Airport Expresses is much more user friendly. You may find going through the instructions listed below is not required.
The CD that comes with the Airport Express has been useless to me in setting up a Windows XP computer to work with an AE. The instructions below should get you up and running.
1. First download the latest version of both the Airport Update and Airport Express Firmware Updater from [...]
2. Run the latest version of the Airport Update (4.1 at the time of this writing)
3. Disable your firewalls, plug in the Airport Express (AX) to an electrical outlet and attach it to your computer or router with an ethernet cable. The AX will have a steady or blinking yellow light.
4. Launch the Airport Admin Utility...it should detect the Airport Express in the "Base Station Chooser" within a minute or so and the light on the AX should turn green. You may have to hard reset the unit a few times by pushing the small reset button with a paperclip for about 10 seconds. If, like mine, it does not show up in the Airport Admin Utility leave the AX attached by ethernet and reboot, launch the Airport Admin Utility, and hopefully it will show up quickly.
5. As soon as it does show up, launch the latest Airport Express Firmware Updater (I used 6.1.1) and update the AX...this seemed to make a significant difference in the ease of detection later. This will take a minute or so. The AX will reset and you may have to leave it attached by ethernet, reboot, and relaunch the Airport Admin Utility to detect it again.
6.Read more ›
The Express disconnects every so often and computers attached to it are unable to get any network access. It has to be unplugged and plugged back in to get the connectivity back.
The streaming of music is ofcourse awesome, however every 2-3 songs you have to remind your computer to use the express....why? Simply because the express loses its connectivity.
I took it to Apple and the Genius told me that its my network connectivity. I said ok..I would make sure I was close to my base station and test again.
I did....I plugged it in 10 feet from my basestation and connected a apple hi-fi for audio. Again...disconnects every few songs and we were back to the same thing again.
I have tried this with 3 different mac book pro's in our home and the results are similar. I am hopeful that the next firmware will fix things up but until then....this product gets 4 stars.
It does what it should...but not at 100% all of the time....just most of the time.
The problems continue. I have tried over and over again to like this device. The constant disconnects and sub par performance really make me hate this thing...the only reason I keep it is for playing music.... Just wanted everyone updated.... Check out the D-Link DAP-1522 if you are looking to extend your wireless network.
I have been advised, via comments, that I should change the channels on these devices. I did change the channels a number of times with no apparent FIX for the problem. Incidentally my brother has been having the same problems with his airport express. Next is to try to downgrade to the older firmware as one commenter suggested.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Initially some difficulty with programming to function as network extender. It has worked well since.Published 1 month ago by Walt
The product works exactly as promised with zero blemish, or failures of any kind. It was packaged safely, and arrived without any defect. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Andrew L. Ekleberry
Love Apple products. Finally no cutting out, even with WiFi at the other end of the house.Published 4 months ago by Suzi Q
Although it is old model I used for AirPlay for creating hifi speaker. Works great and excellent product.Published 5 months ago by Kaals
The units worked as advertised, once I found an old Mac laptop in the basement that still ran Air Port Setup 5.6. Read morePublished 5 months ago by A.W. Ellermann