Apple Time Capsule MC343LL/A 1TB Sim DualBand [OLD VERSION]
|Price:||$198.49 & FREE Shipping|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Automatic wireless backup device with 1TB disk space
- Simultaneous dual-band wireless base station supports 802.11b/g and 802.11n
- USB 2.0 port lets you connect and wirelessly share a hard drive and/or printer
- Three GigaBit Ethernet ports
- Measures 7.7 x 7.7 x 1.4 inches; backed by a one-year warranty
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
- Length: 7.7 inches (197 mm)
- Width: 7.7 inches (197 mm)
- Height: 1.4 inches (36.3 mm)
- Weight: 3.5 pounds (1.6 kg)
- Interfaces: 1 Gigabit Ethernet WAN port for connecting a DSL or cable modem; 3 Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports for connecting computers or network devices; USB port for connecting a USB printer or USB external hard drive; 802.11n wireless
Top Customer Reviews
As a router, this thing is tops. Used it to replace a Linksys N router. I get much better range and much faster data now on my macbook. Before, in my bedroom, less than 50 ft away from my router, I couldn't watch standard def Hulu videos at all. Now I can stream high def videos without any delays or pauses. Part of it is because I also have G devices (Wii, iphones, etc) and the old linksys was forced to operate on that slower frequency. This thing effectively gives you a separate G router and N router- so my macbook finally can operate at full N speed but still provide service to older devices. This thing smokes the linksys in range and speed.
As a time capsule it works. I backup my iMac and my Macbook to it. I had a Seagate drive before that died after 9 months. So now I have a time capsule and another external hard drive, I rotate between the two to have redundant data for WHEN one of them fails. All Hard drives fail at some point. I do wonder about heat, there's no fan, but it never gets very hot to the touch.
Very happy with it so far.
It might work the first time, but then over time you start having problems.
(1) The dreaded infinite spinning wheel that forces you to restart your machine,
(2) Sudden slowing down of ones computer.
The first suggestion Apple will make is, why don't you reinitialize the disk and try again. "Isn't this the disk with all of your backups?"
Apple next solution is to give you a new one, but each one eventually encounters the same problem, and so back you go to the store.
In summary, this is a machine that is suppose to save you work because it saves you time backing up. The reality is that this is a machine that will force you to use to time fix it, and in the end you won't have a backup of your data.
Apple makes some great products. This is not one of them.
IF you buy this, back the 1TB storage up to ANOTHER 1TB storage so WHEN your Time Capsule goes bad, you have a backup of your backup. Evidently, Apple will not be helping you.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
it's an Apple product. enough said. it works like a charm, it's been working NON stop for 5 years. there it is.. working LIKE CHARM. Love itPublished 9 months ago by Pedro Q.
I have been using this product for 4-5 years. Still keeps a backup of three computers safe and effortlessly. Will purchase again when this one dies.Published 12 months ago by Brandon Best
I tried them all and this Apple is the best in the barrel! Use it for my business with no problems.Published 13 months ago by A CUT ABOVE
Worked well for two years then went belly up. A bit pricy for the length of time I used it but a great convenience if it's in your budget.Published 17 months ago by kathylagare
Good product. Solid. Does what it's supposed to do without blinking an eye, as though it could actually blink an eye. But you get the point.Published 18 months ago by Brian Blinn
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
See the Top Rated Wireless Routers in our Wireless Router Reviews.