Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $59.99 Kindle Paperwhite Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-9 of 9 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 12 reviews
on March 3, 2011
Everything went well at first. I received both plans which require registration with applecare. I registered my phone on the applecare protection plan on line without any problem. Registering the 2nd phone with its protection plan became a nightmare -th e website wouldn't accept the registration. I emailed them and they responded with a request for an ORIGINAL INVOICE - all I had was an order confirmation from amazon which I sent them. They responded negative - not good enough - they needed an ORIGINAL INVOICE - and they didn't want it emailed but SCANNED. So I scanned the amazon order confirmation and I got the same email back from applecare. Finally called them (didnt want to do it because this became ridiculously time consuming) and I explained it to at least 3 people. Finally got an intelligent agent on the line and she still insisted I send AN ORIGINAL INVOICE, even after I explained to her that the first phone was easily registered on line. She eventually relented - asked me for a minute registration number on the package which needed a magnifying glass to read, and then registered the phone.

It was a ridiculous two weeks. By the way, I also called the vendor (A1) for an original invoice - of course they referred me to amazon.

Somebody ought to talk to somebody to prevent such run-arounds
blanche korngold
montvale@rcn.com
on May 14, 2013
I have purchased 2 of these from TechSalesDirect in UK on Amazon who sent me the sealed activation kit via RoyalAirMail.
Tech Sales Direct sells these currently at the lowest price of <53 US$ inclusive of shipping.

The first of the AppleCare plan was used on an AT&T iPhone4S device and the plan was registered online without any problem.

The second of the same AppleCarePlan was used on a new iPhone5 and i was unable to activate the same online.
I called up Apple helpline and they took down the details and activated the same with no problems.

I would recommend this product to all Apple iPhone 4/4S/5 owners to help extend their protection for an additional year from date of purchase.
on March 21, 2010
I am a loyal Apple products user and I always buy AppleCare for my mac computers. Why? Because sometimes things go seriously wrong. The iMac and laptop AppleCare plans last three years, and I have had several computers which needed something done in that time which made the warranty worthwhile -- whether I needed phone support for a failure of some kind, or had a kernel panic which necessitated a new hard drive.

The iPhone's AppleCare warranty only lasts two years. It does not seem as worthwhile to me as the computer version, for that reason. However, when something went wrong with my iPhone during the initial 12 months of purchase (the "normal" warranty period), I decided not to take any chances. I never regret buying AppleCare because I know things can go wrong and when they do, they can cost a bundle.
on May 6, 2015
Waste of money. Doesn't cover anything you think a protection plan would... I have sworn off apple products completely and would recommend you do so too. My Galaxy S5 Active beats the crap out of any apple device. And while some would argue that apple computers are better, that's simply not true! They still get viruses, software crashes etc. If you actually compare apples to apples (instead of comparing a $1200 mac to a $600 PC) and spend the same amount of money on a PC as you would a mac and you will have a better computer-I know from experience!
on June 10, 2013
A great discount for an indispensable warranty. I've had to use my AppleCare warranties before and they've really saved me time and money. I got this for half of what I would have to pay for one new, and that's an advantage of shopping Amazon for you.
on February 8, 2012
Normally getting the extended warranty is for morons, but about half the time I own an product there's a major issue in the first 3 years so I think it's worth getting Apple Care. Apple has usually given be brand new units a couple of years in when I've had issues, plus knowing that you'll be taken care of is pretty nice.
on May 21, 2014
A little expensive, but completely worth it should your phone ever malfunction. Last time I had an issue with my phone, I was in and out of the store within 10 minutes, replacement in hand.
on June 9, 2012
Very good price, cheaper then going through Apple...I swear by Apple Care. It seems that if your product does start going bad, its always after the manufactures warranty has expired.
on February 7, 2010
I recently purchased the iPhone 3GS. I had the iPhone 3G and the first generation iPhone as well. I love the iPhone. The apps are great, but there are sometimes some issues with the hardware. Apple is best in class customer support. Whenever I have had issues, they take care of it immediately as an AppleCare customer. All iPhone users should purchase AppleCare!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.