Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $59.99 Kindle Paperwhite uncharted Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 2,291 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,550 reviews
on July 15, 2016
It is not what it says it is!! Do not buy this, I am not able to return it and this does not work at all. For comparison look at my old device that I was replacing (left). It is a real apple device and had gotten dirty from years of use in my car. The device on the right in the picture is the 'new' one I ordered from Amazon. It feels lighter than the old one and does not even connect, much less work.
review image
0Comment| 94 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 6, 2012
My actual rating is 5 zeros (00000). *The picture on Amazon.com is not what you get. *The cheap (as in flimsy) adapter does not work. It's a total waste of my $6.88. *It's a disservice for Amazon.com to sell this on their site. It will make me question the quality of other items on the site. Is this how you justify price reductions???...
PLEASE NOTE: It would be better if goingpower removed the product from the site rather than ask me not to exercise my freedom of speech, which can help another customer.
1717 comments| 936 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 2, 2013
I bought one of these to charge my iPad Mini and my iPhone 5 without buying a new cable. I didn't want to spend $30 on a genuine Apple adapter...but now I see why. This adapter worked great for the first week, and then it was all down hill after that. It charges both devices and will sync both devices, but will not allow either device to be docked to a speaker system.

Recently, it stopped even charging my devices; I had to hold the 30-pin cable at an angle for it to work. So I popped open the case and found 3 solder joints had broken! They are pretty small pins, but you should be able to resolder them (adding more solder so hopefully it won't break again), in addition to adding solder to the PCB mounts (it was virtually non-existant). Had the PCB mounts on the side been properly soldered, I may have never had a problem to begin with. Crappy chinese soldering job, for sure.

Hopefully this will help some of you...you truly do get what you pay for.

Side note, I ended up purchasing a genuine Apple adapter and it's smaller than this one and works flawlessly, even allowing my devices to be used in speaker docks. I got it for $25 here on Amazon.
on September 21, 2016
I had several of these when Apple changed their iPhone/Pads and finally got rid of them just a few months ago. Then I purchase the Griffin Stompbox Griffin StompBox Pedal Footswitch Controller For iPad/ iPhone/ iPod touch - Footswitch controller for iPad, iPhone, & iPod touch and needed a way to get from the Griffin 30 pin to my iPadAir 2.
After I plugged it into the iPad Air 2, and opening the app, iShred LIVE, it worked. I can turn on the effects and operate everything that iShred LIVE says with a tap of my foot.
So if you don't want to put out big money for a pedal, grab your iDevise, this adapter, iShred LIVE, and the Stompbox and have fun
on May 5, 2016
I bought this to use in my car with and older Pioneer flip screen. It had an added cord for iPhone 5s and I could no longer play music in my car because it is not equipped bluetooth. The stereo was expensive and it hooked to three additional tv monitors and that was only problem. I bought this problem in hopes of fixing that but none of the reviews addressed this issue. I am happy to say it attaches directly to the cord and works great with any ten pin device by apple. It does not charge though and that is fine, not why i bought it. Also works with Bose but I bought the bluetooth version for that purpose for same reason of docking but did not want to tie up my phone by the pool. It does not work with a case on the phone but it works. Great product.
on November 6, 2012
I bought this because the new charging port on the phone is different from all of the models. the second day i had it, it was working great and i had no problems, until i went to remove the peice and the top broke off in my $700 i phone 5. Wouldn't recommend, just order a regular lightning charger.
on January 5, 2016
Absolutely fake. It will not even charge my phone. If you look close my regular charger on the rights pins go farther up the end of the charger. This feels nothing like the apple brand adapter I bought at the store the other day. This is complete garbage. Now I'm waiting to get my money back
review image
on November 13, 2012
The slightest wiggle makes it stop charging. Not acceptable for the car. It does not work at all with the Withings blood pressure monitor.
0Comment| 346 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 6, 2013
I bought this specifically because I have two ipod/iphone stereo docks that I frequently use to stream pandora from my phone. When I purchased an iphone 5s I realized I would no longer be able to do so. After reading reviews I decided to give it a shot and pay $30 for the apple adapter.

Yes, it does stream music through my old stereo docks, however there is interference with pandora and it creates a weird high pitched feedback. It's fine with playing music off my phone other than pandora, there must be some sort of interference created by the 3G. It does seem to go away if I turn on wifi so while it's a pain that makes it useable for what I want. The adapter does make it sit much higher up than an old ipod or iphone but it's still cheaper than replacing the two stereo docks I already have.

Some have said that it doesn't charge on their stereo dock, my iphone 5s charged on a panasonic stereo dock as well as streaming the music so it may be hit or miss with that.
VINE VOICEon September 17, 2014
I can't comment on all the vendors however I ordered from DataVision Computer Video, received a new adapter in unopened box with documentation...at a genuine Apple price as well.

As far as performance, the adapter seems to work fine in situations where I would expect to and is a little wonky in those where the devices the adapter is used with were already suspect. With a genuine Apple 30 pin charger I didn't have any problems but when I ported an iPhone 5c to a cheap off brand charger I've had for years, the phone started to play whack an app, cycling through nearly every app icon on the device. But, even with the earlier 30 pin port device the charger was purchased for use with, sometimes things went awry. Docked to a Logitech UE Air with the lightning adapter, the iPhone was immediately recognized and played without incident.

To my relief, the adapter is a perfect fit for the opening of an Otterbox Defender case so one more chance for aggravation was avoided.