- Product Dimensions: 6 x 6 x 3 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.7 pounds
- Domestic Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S. and to APO/FPO addresses. For APO/FPO shipments, please check with the manufacturer regarding warranty and support issues.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- ASIN: B002ISDD1K
- Item model number: MB795Z/A
- Date first listed on Amazon: July 23, 2009
- Average Customer Review: 35 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #4,743 in Software (See Top 100 in Software) Product Warranty: For warranty information about this product, please click here
Apple Logic Studio [Old Version]
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- With over 200 new features and enhancements, the new Logic Studio delivers everything musicians need to write, record, produce, & perform on a Mac
- Logic Pro 9 streamlines the technical side of things, so you can record, edit, and mix it, too
- Vintage and modern compressors, delays, reverbs, and more--and 20,000 royalty-free Apple Loops from all the Jam Pack collections
- New Amp Designer to help you re-create the sound of 25 legendary amps and 25 speaker cabinets;
- Pedalboard boasts an assortment of 30 virtual stompbox pedals inspired by the classics
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Logic Studio features Logic Pro 9, MainStage 2, Soundtrack Pro 3 and a massive collection of instruments, effects and audio loops. With over 200 new features, it has everything musicians need to write, record, produce and perform. Flex Time lets you manipulate audio timing and tempo like never before. Build dream guitar rigs with the new Amp Designer and Pedalboard.MainStage 2 with new Playback and Loopback features let you take your Mac to the stage. Shape your sound using more than 80 studio-quality plug-ins and Inspire your music with more than 1,000 instruments and 20,000 Apple Loops.
With over 200 new features and enhancements, the new Logic Studio delivers everything musicians need to write, record, produce, and perform on a Mac. The center of Logic Studio is Logic Pro 9, which makes it easier than ever to create your own compositions. Produce and play nearly any sound imaginable with a huge collection of effects, instruments, and loops, including the new Amp Designer and Pedalboard plug-ins. Use MainStage 2 to perform live with the instruments, amps, effects, and sounds you used to make your tracks. Logic Studio also comes with applications and utilities that expand your creative options into audio post-production and mastering, including Soundtrack Pro 3, WaveBurner 1.6, and more.
Logic Studio. A studio on your Mac as big as your ambitions.
- Everything musicians need to write, record, produce, and perform on a Mac
- Logic Pro 9 for do-it-yourself musicians to write, edit, record, and mix their own compositions
- More than 80 studio-quality effect plug-ins, including vintage and modern compressors, delays, reverbs, and more
- New Amp Designer to help you re-create the sound of 25 legendary amps and 25 speaker cabinets
- New Pedalboard with an assortment of 30 virtual stompbox pedals inspired by the classics
- 20,000 royalty-free Apple Loops from all the Jam Pack collections
- MainStage 2 for performing live with the instruments, amps, effects, and sounds from Logic Pro 9
- Soundtrack Pro 3, a streamlined audio post-production application for film and video
Complete your music studio with a Mac Pro workstation and two 24-inch Apple LED Cinema Displays. Take a MacBook Pro with you and make your music anywhere.
Offering solutions for businesses of any size, AppleCare provides ongoing product coverage, including the AppleCare Protection Plan for Mac systems and Apple flat-panel displays. To augment your experience with Apple professional software, AppleCare Professional Video Support and AppleCare Professional Audio Support offer direct access to Apple’s professional support staff. For more information, visit www.apple.com/support/products.
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Amp Designer is a powerhouse production tool and is an incredibly valuable part of this suite. The genuine tonal characteristics are fantastic and extremely fun to use. Pack that with some very nice sounding effects presets and you've got the ability to record with a limitless palette of guitar sounds. A real plus if this is part of your skill/talent set. I think the Apple engineers outdid themselves with this super plug-in. Having this included in Logic makes it an incredible value. I would give fives stars to Amp Designer alone and would easily have paid half of the price of Logic just for this plug-in. It's that cool!
The built-in instruments and samples are rather good. Some are stellar, most are OK, and some are, umm... rather unique. But the variety is an asset, even if the size of the library is daunting. Connecting to virtual instruments and VSTis is a dream. Rewire is nearly seamless (although Logic will want 100% control over your rewire apps).
Please remember that Logic Studio is just the toolset. A great engineer or musician it doesn't make. It just gives you an outstanding set of tools to do the job and makes things easier and super fun to use. If you plan on recording (or use MIDI and Virtual Instruments) and want to monitor performance in real time, you are going to need a high quality audio interface with ASIO drivers. There are dozens available to fit a variety of needs and budgets. This isn't a fault of Logic, this is just the way software-based Digital Audio Workstations work.
The sonic quality of Logic is great. There's clean & clear control over your sound. Some wonderfully modeled effects for dynamics, modulation, reverb and delay (and more) are built in. It's clear that careful attention was paid to these plug-ins. They sound great!
Your sound will only be as good as your weakest link. So, if you're recording with a microphone make sure you have a good signal path up and including to the audio interface. Good mics and pre-amps are not things that any software is going to emulate. Garbage in - garbage out (although it will be somewhat shiner).
There are way more features of this suite that I've not not tapped into yet and some that I'm sure I"ll never use. But all in all it is the most powerful software based music production suite and DAW I've used to date.
Apple Logic is actually what you secretly hope for in a music production software, it makes you sound like a GENIUS. With just a crummy mouse, I promise that you'll have looped beats busting in your headphones in 10 minutes. The Piano Roll ACTUALLY WORKS. You get an array of effects and more guitar pedals than you can ever afford (this aspect is worth the $500 alone) that have actual virtual analog knobs and switches that actually work like the real thing. You can elongate and shorten vocal tracks and the design of the software contains excellent pitch control that makes your cracked, awful voice sound amazingly polished. A little tweaking and you won't hardly recognise yourself. For training I highly recommend using the free Lynda.com website. In fact, if you are on the fence about this product, simple watch the free Lynda training videos and you'll be sold.
Don't listen to the moody reviews that grumble that Apple Logic is just a pumped up version of Garage Band. That's absurd. They have nothing in common other than both being easy to use.
THANKS APPLE! THUMBS UP. WAY UP.
Logic as an application is extremely intuitive and moving from Cubase there is still a lot to learn, there are so many features.
The best part of it all is that i can finally focus on the music.
If you're thinking about it, go for it. it's worth every penny.