BCA Month Salon Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited $69.99 Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on October 4, 2015
This mouse is just OK. It's really not all that fancy, but does the job if you like the old school Apple mouse. The mouse wheel (or ball in this case) tends to wear out pretty quick. If you start having issues with it, take some rubbing alcohol on a paper towel and press really hard on the ball, that should buy you some time before it clogs again.

If you're considering this mouse, I'd recommend looking at other options. Logitech in particular has some great mice that will last much longer than this one, are cheaper, and even some wireless ones that are a significantly better value.
on August 16, 2017
While Apple loves to constantly reinvent things I've never had a better mouse in all my years of using Macs since the venerable Mac II SE. It offers the most precise control of any apple or 3rd party mouse. The small drawback is that the little round ball gets dirty. You can clean it with some alcohol and a q-tip to make them last longer but eventually you have to replace. I will keep buying these until they stop making them and at that time I hope Apple allows a 3rd party to make them as they are crucial for our in house designers. I liken this mouse to a steering wheel. Sure we can try to innovate but once you are comfortable on how a steering wheel works why change it.
VINE VOICEon September 25, 2011
I gave the wireless several years for me to adapt to it, but I've finally given up on it. The wired version won. My wireless Mighty Mouse loses contact and doesn't respond. It was not responsive half the time. I've tried everything. Finally I went back to a wired mouse, and I am so glad I did. The knot on my wrist is slowly going away. It must have something to do with the how low the Mighty Mouse is and how much more pressure I'm putting on that spot with the angle and/or height of the wireless mouse.

I still have the wireless here on my desk right now for comparative purposes, along with the Apple Wired Mouse, just to make sure the wireless doesn't suddenly start working, but that's not happening. Occasionally I'll try the wireless and sometimes I pick it up by mistake, not realizing it until I get frustrated because it isn't moving when I want it to move! Originally I wanted the wireless because I felt like I had wires everywhere. Now it doesn't seem to be as much of a problem as I remember it to have been. Dealing with the wire may not be ideal, but it's a small thing compared to trying, and failing, to make my wireless mouse respond.
on September 15, 2013
I bought this mouse to replace a Magic Mouse on one of my Macs.

I've tried all kinds of mice over the years -- since I was first introduced to the Apple Mac platform in 1987 -- and, as far as computer mice go, the AWM (Apple Wired Mouse) with multi-scroll roller-ball is the best.

I've also tried various Bluetooth wireless mice, but they all have drawbacks: Skipping cursor syndrome, heavy batteries, rechargeable batteries that are a hassle to replace, buttons that are hard to clean and therefore break down making the mouse unusable, and then there's the cost. Apple Magic Mouse is expensive in price and battery usage. Cheaper mice wear out faster.

AWM needs no batteries since it uses power from USB, has at least a 5-year life span when cleaned regularly (mine has lasted 7 years so far) and is very comfortable and lightweight. I can even program the buttons however I need them to work -- for Mac OS or Windows OS.
on April 19, 2017
I consider the Apple Wired mouse to be the best Apple mouse of all. Some people have commented on having trouble with the roller-ball on top, of it sticking or becoming non-functional. I have had these issues but they are easily overcome by keeping it clean, and learn how to "purge" any skipping. Wireless and Bluetooth mice are always dying, this wired mouse keeps on working for me 10-12 hours a day 6 days a week, for as long as they've been made. I love them!
on February 28, 2014
I had this mouse for three months before the scroll ball got clogged and stopped working. I got this to replace the wireless Apple mouse that wouldn't stay connected. Disappointed.

UPDATE: Took mouse apart to clean. The scroll ball works again temporarily but need to be cleaned about every 3 months. When you take it apart, you have to delaminate a ring at the bottom, so mouse will function, but be permanently damaged, the cable can become loose from the casing and make it difficult to click.
TOP 100 REVIEWERon July 24, 2015
Got tired of replacing the batteries in our wireless Apple mouse, so got this wired version instead. It matches the desktop Mac and works fine, but it's not anything special. You're paying extra here for the "official Apple" stamp of approval, that's about it.

I don't like the feel of the scroll ball, and it's not as responsive as it should be. The mouse overall feels a little wobbly, as if it isn't making consistent, even contact with the pad. You can program the buttons for different functionality (I set the scroll ball to work as the right-click button, for example).

This is being used on an older Mac that is no longer the main computer in the house, so the mouse is OK. I definitely would NOT want to use this product as my main go-to mouse for work or extended personal use.
on May 16, 2017
Works great, thank you very much! For anyone like me who was having problems right clicking, you have to set the secondary button in the mouse settings, which is located in your system preferences menu.
on August 12, 2014
The little ball goes in all directions. That's the good part.

The bad part is that the little ball works with brushes or something, and those wear out, or the contact wears out, over time. Not sure, but something happens. You can feel the ball spinning and the finger on the screen not moving. All parts wear out.

This is the best mouse for my Apple computers, including my laptop. I don't use all the features, and disabled some, either because I don't need them, I don't want them, or they are of no use to me. I love that ball. The movement of a fingertip moves the finger wherever.

If this mouse didn't wear out, I'd rate it 5 stars!
on December 27, 2013
Got this mouse to replace the original mouse. Is basically the same, except for the little scroll ball on top. It is very useful to scroll a window without having to move the mouse. You can scroll from anywhere as long as the cursor is somewhere in the open window you are using. Plan to get one for my wife's computer.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.