BCA Month Salon Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Dirty Heads $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on March 3, 2016
I purchased this mouse to use with my MacBook Pro as I don't like to use the track pad that is built into the computer. I had a bit of trouble setting it up but now it works just fine. It was my own ignorance to blame. I didn't know I had to enable the secondary right click feature and mistakenly thought the mouse was faulty. This free's up the USB port on the computer for other things as this mouse utilizes built in bluetooth technology. I was using a USB wireless mouse before. Thin and compact, it fits easily in my laptop pouch. It pairs up easily with the laptop once you know what you are doing.
on May 26, 2016
This mouse is great if it exists only a desk. I used this mouse for my laptop and kept the mouse in the back pack while not in use. However, the little switch on the bottom of the mouse would switch on very often from normal movement of the backpack. And once turned on and a mouse button pushed down, it prevents clicking on the track pad. This drove me nuts so many times that I eventually removed it from my backpack.

The cost of the mouse is also excessive for what you get but hey it's an "Apple" product.
on April 19, 2016
This mouse works pretty good but there are quirks that either it's doing or I'm doing (i.e., suddenly the page jumps up on down, the script that I'm writing because I happened to touch the mouse. And sometimes that thingy bar that can be grabbed and move the page up or down is not there unless I press the mouse. I am still not sure if it's a quirk of wi-fi or the product itself, and maybe even this Macintosh. I do know the other mouse that plugs into the computer never did this sort of thing. I hope to research this matter online and come to a better determination. Otherwise, it's a snazzy looking mouse, I'll give it that much. Oh, and wireless mouse's live up to their reputation for going through batteries. This one sure does.
on April 24, 2017
Well, I'm not sure why, but this mouse has trouble with sideways scrolling when on a mouse pad. I've tried an all black mouse pad, and a light colored patterned mouse pad. It won't consistently scroll sideways. I've changed settings to fast and to slow. I've moved it closer to the laptop. I've toggled other settings. It seems to scroll just fine when on the regular desk surface. The good is that it charges easily with the lightening charger that you use for your phone. The bad is that Apple is changing their connectors in Fall of 2017.
on January 14, 2015
This is my second Magic Mouse. Both of them disconnect at any given time. At their worst they disconnect every 5 or 10 minutes. The original one got so bad I purchased a second one. Same problem. You can clear your (Mac) computer cash and that helps but does not solve the problem. My latest mouse just stops tracking and I have to open it and pull the batteries out to reset the mouse and to get it working again. I love the scroll feature of this mouse but the other issues are a real problem. I do not think I will purchase another Magic Mouse based on the price compared to quality. Im sure I can find a better mouse for the money.
on September 20, 2016
I've been using this mouse for a few months and still haven't noticed anything necessarily magical. It has nice touch gesture capabilities and is bluetooth capable, but nothing really magical. I kept yelling commands at it but never responded, perhaps I was exaggerating the 'O' too much when pronouncing leviosa.
on September 6, 2013
Apple did a great job with this mouse. The fact that is connects with bluetooth and not in need of a extra usb port makes it fantastic. The touch surface works incredible over the Microsoft touch mouse and with the free program (MagicPrefs) this mouse becomes a powerhouse of possibilities. The only reason for docking the star is it does not have the best battery times, although its not the worst neither. Also I wish it were a little more comfortable in the hand, but at the same time its difficult to have a mouse you can rest your hand on and utilize the entire surface as touch sensitive. Kudos to Apple on this one.

UPDATE:

Just shy of 2 months (58 days) my mouse batteries just gave up. I used the Advanced lithium energizer batteries for the first couple months and use my mouse an average of 6hr/day. I am satisfied with the life as it is better than my previous logitec mouse life. I purchased a couple sets of rechargeable so there wont be any battery issue but thought this might be helpful for some of you.

I have also raised my review from a 4 star to 5 stars as I learned with a couple days of using the mouse that you learn how to hold it (no hand cramps as you may think). Very functional and amazingly helpful in programs like Apples Logic Pro where I can scroll around my arrange window while performing other functions just by sliding my finger over the mouses surface. This is the only mouse to my knowledge that does this without navigating to the horizontal and vertical slide bars. This also works in safari or any other program you can think that has scroll bars.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 22, 2015
I really like this mouse. I was worried about using it since I normally use a Contour RollerMouse, but I really like being able to use gestures with the mouse. I don't believe that this mouse causes any discomfort compared to a normal mouse because I don't have to constantly grip the thing to use it.

My only issue, and I can't say that it's the mouse for sure, is that it disconnects from my Mac often. I have to click a couple times for it to reconnect. It's more of an annoyance than a real problem though, so I just wanted to throw that out there.
on December 10, 2015
Never have I been so disappointed with an Apple product. It worked great until I was barely out of the return/replace time period then it went to complete crap. It just stopped staying connected, or has a mind of its own. I have tried every possible trouble shooting technique and nothing works. After looking it up it seems this happens to a lot of people. I would not purchase this unless you are ok with spending around $70 dollars for something you will only get to use for a few months.
on May 30, 2015
You can't click the right and left button at the same time. If you don't know why someone would do such a thing, then don't design a computer mouse.

Why make it all sleek and sexy, and then jump back a decade or two?

Having said that, this mouse is perfect for handling Word documents and for surfing the internet. When I'm not coding, or gaming, or using a large program like CAD, MATHCAD, LabView, and etc, then this mouse is fine. But as soon as it is time to get down to business, literally, then I switch to my trusty and multifunctional Logitech.