Oil month Automotive HPC Magazine Deals Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Hostiles available to rent Hostiles available to rent Hostiles available to rent  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on May 16, 2015
I have had my mac for about 4 years. After the 4 years I had to replace my Magic Mouse. We decided to get another because we were use to it and it does work well. The only issues I have found with this mouse are two.

CONS

1. It eats through batteries like crazy, making the mouse much more expensive then it's original cost. That said I don't turn off my mouse so that may have something to do with it.
2. The battery back eventually came loose and would not stay on correctly.
3. I don't know if it was because of the battery back or not but the batteries were no longer making the connection it needed to work so it was losing connection constantly.

PROS

1. The sleek design fits nicely in your hand
2. Love that it doesn't have a scroll wheel
3. It does work well until it starts to wear down.

I just wish they would either use a different type of battery that last longer, or come out with a solar powered mouse :)
on June 25, 2016
This is my second magic mouse. Below are my thoughts:

Design: There simply is not a better looking mouse on the market. It is smooth and sleek. It feels great in the hand and carries Apple's signature elegant look.

Compatibility: If you have an Apple computer, this mouse is the easiest to connect. No need to plug in a bulky receiver in your USB slot. Simply turn on your bluetooth.

Function: I love the simplicity of the single glass surface. It is very intuitive. The mouse is just like having an Apple trackpad that you can move around to track things. It recognizes all of the multi-touch motions you can do on a trackpad, and tracks the mouse arrow effortlessly. I have never had a problem of the mouse sticking like cheaper mouses.

This is hands down the creme a la creme of mouses.
on December 31, 2017
The company offering this reconditioned Apple Magic Bluetooth Mouse sent the item in excellent time, well packaged, and in superb condition. It is functioning beautifully thus far.
​I have been re-introducing myself to Apple working with the pro laptop. Therefore, I will not notice some of the drawbacks and kinks of this wireless product as more seasoned Apple users might experience.
The comparison I am noticing is switching from a non-Apple produced mouse to the Apple Magic Mouse. It is a significant relief. I was having unbearable headaches with the other devices. It was one mouse after another. So much I had to stop working out of frustration and have to accept the hardening lesson that Apple works better with Apple.
There could have been provided a few printed notes or instructions how to get started with the magic mouse. A YouTube video aided me to set it up on the MacBook Pro, and there are others on how to get the best use of it. The supplier did provide the batteries which are a kind thought.
review image
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 30, 2014
Bluetooth connection goes out a lot. Some forum traffic suggests that the problem is a small difference between the dimensions of the batter compartment and the AA cells that it uses so that the connection in the battery compartment becomes broken through normal use and so the bluetooth connection to the mac is lost. This explanation makes sense to me in that I found that a little "percussive maintenance"--banging it on the table--would re-establish the connection. Also putting little bits of aluminum foil against the negative connector in the battery compartment also seems to help.

Finding the location of the left and right "buttons" on the smooth surface can be a problem. Successive attempts bring up option menus and other things that get in the way of doing work. Also if you grip the sides too strongly you can send a back arrow to the browser (in my case 64-bit Chrome) and loose your work.

Supposedly using gestures to scroll up and down with the magic mouse is smoother that with a good usb mouse. I didn't find this to be true. You can also use gestures to scroll right and left, move forward and backward through web pagers, and to get to and from the dashboard. But the gestures are no more useful than the usual ways of doing this--clicking, keyboard shortcuts, etc.
on April 19, 2016
This mouse works pretty good but there are quirks that either it's doing or I'm doing (i.e., suddenly the page jumps up on down, the script that I'm writing because I happened to touch the mouse. And sometimes that thingy bar that can be grabbed and move the page up or down is not there unless I press the mouse. I am still not sure if it's a quirk of wi-fi or the product itself, and maybe even this Macintosh. I do know the other mouse that plugs into the computer never did this sort of thing. I hope to research this matter online and come to a better determination. Otherwise, it's a snazzy looking mouse, I'll give it that much. Oh, and wireless mouse's live up to their reputation for going through batteries. This one sure does.
on January 4, 2018
I've had so many problems with these magic mice. I love the way they work when they work. But mine always stop working. I don't understand if this is just me or other people have this problem as well. Right now I have a wired mouse hooked up to my computer and I have a magic mouse sitting next to it. I use the magic mouse to swipe between pages and the wired mouse to scroll and move around on the screen. The mouse stops tracking properly and becomes slow. I've used these on a Mac Pro and with a MacBook Pro and MacBook Air. I've changed my mouse preferences and it doesn't help. It really shouldn't be this way. It's quite frustrating and it's gotten quite expensive when you have to replace this mouse. I think Apple needs to work on the design.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 11, 2014
Once I discovered the magic mouse some years ago when my corded mouse failed I was shocked by the price, but couldn't resist the allure of the cordless feature so I bought it, and never looked back.

The sheer convenience of not being tied to a cord changed the way I used my desktop computer, since I could even sit a few feet away and use the mouse on any semi-hard surface.

The scrolling feature that works like Apple's scrolling moves on the laptops is outstanding. I have two: one that I use with my 9 year old iMac desktop computer at my wood desk with the gliding keyboard tray; and the other that I use with my retina Macbook Pro.

It feels good in the hand and I'm very conscious of that feel, finding it soothing as well as practical. Since it's smooth there's nowhere to catch and hold debris or spills. It works with the slightest of touches and even permits left or right hand clicking with no ugly protruding buttons.

When I bought the 2nd mouse I also bought a new set of rechargable AA batteries and a nifty little 2-pk charger from Apple. It's handy to always have freshly charged batteries so I can take some extras along in my backpack. Changing batteries merely involves sliding a lever on the underside, clicking the small cover off (I can do it one handed), and pulling the two batteries out (do that with my other hand, one handed). Insert the new ones, press the little cover on, and slide the tiny lever and the new mouse is ready to go. You can easily check to see if the batteries are indeed charged by looking at the underside, top right, to note the double-blinking tiny green light.
on October 5, 2013
**Updated** I use this now on my macbook laptop and a R.A.T. 5 on my desktop... let me first say I have been spoiled by the RAT 5 that I use on my windows desktop. For those unfamiliar with gaming mice, RAT mice are high end contraptions with lots of buttons, extra modes, sensitivity controls on the mouse itself and some even come with customizable weight systems.

I don't really do much gaming on my mac but instead wanted better controls for the full screen apps and 2 dimensional scrolling. This mouse certainly delivers in that category. the touch inertia touch scrolling and multitouch really give it more functionality and do it in a way that's more useful on a mac than any other mouse could deliver. The weight is good and the battery life is good.

It is NOT for use in 3D apps though... at all. If you use Maya, or Cinema 4D or any other application where you regularly need the full range of navigation in 3D space- this mouse can't do it. They can make the touchpad on a macbook functional enough to navigate Maya, but not this $70 mouse? Fortunately most of the 3D work I do is on my PC desktop, and if I need to I can use maya with the touchpad. That's pretty lame though.

The other big problem is that if you're setup to use gestures extensively on the touch pad and are accustomed to that, the difference between the touchpad and mouse can be a bit disconcerting. For instance, I'm used to 3 finger swipe on the touchpad to change between fullscreen apps. On the mouse it's 2 fingers. It's not as big a mental leap as going back and forth between the regular scrolling on Windows 7 versus Mac's inverted "natural scrolling" but it is noticeable. On the touchpad 2 finger tap is a right click. On the mouse 2 finger tap does nothing. On the touchpad there are all the gestures, like 4 finger swipe up, 4 finger pinch, and all the others- they are not recognized on this mouse and as such it really can't replace the touchpad completely but instead they work together.

Overall it is less aggravating in terms of carpal tunnel as it gives you the option to perform actions in a different way. As for mice that work with OS and take advantage of the swiping, responsive touch navigation, this really is the way to go. regular mice, even the RAT mice feel incredibly restrictive on OSX after using this mouse. However, if your mac is your 3D powerhouse, avoid this thing like crazy. Get a RAT or, really any $5 mouse with 3 buttons.
on June 22, 2015
I really like this mouse. I was worried about using it since I normally use a Contour RollerMouse, but I really like being able to use gestures with the mouse. I don't believe that this mouse causes any discomfort compared to a normal mouse because I don't have to constantly grip the thing to use it.

My only issue, and I can't say that it's the mouse for sure, is that it disconnects from my Mac often. I have to click a couple times for it to reconnect. It's more of an annoyance than a real problem though, so I just wanted to throw that out there.
on January 31, 2014
Was having a hard time deciding on this one- read lots of reviews and scoured the net for all the info I could find since I'm a new macbook pro user. Honestly, your purchase should probably most rely on do you have the money versus quality. Product arrived on time, in perfect condition, in case with batteries already installed so there was no work for me. Just turn it on and start using! I've only had it for less than a day and love it! It does not work on glass which sucks because my new desk is glass top, but nothing a 7.99 mouse pad cant fix! If you have the money to spend on it I say go for it. I thought it was going to be really uncomfortable to use based on several reviews and vlogs that have mentioned this, but its really not uncomfortable to me at all. It will take some adjusting to if you're used to using a traditonally styled mouse, but its sleek and functional! Got protective casings too including a travel case and skin which will be here tomorrow- gotta protect my investments! While not in use the clear and solid built plastic casing that it comes in provides ultimate protection against scratches and dust.