Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 2,418 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 3,071 reviews
on December 30, 2014
Bluetooth connection goes out a lot. Some forum traffic suggests that the problem is a small difference between the dimensions of the batter compartment and the AA cells that it uses so that the connection in the battery compartment becomes broken through normal use and so the bluetooth connection to the mac is lost. This explanation makes sense to me in that I found that a little "percussive maintenance"--banging it on the table--would re-establish the connection. Also putting little bits of aluminum foil against the negative connector in the battery compartment also seems to help.

Finding the location of the left and right "buttons" on the smooth surface can be a problem. Successive attempts bring up option menus and other things that get in the way of doing work. Also if you grip the sides too strongly you can send a back arrow to the browser (in my case 64-bit Chrome) and loose your work.

Supposedly using gestures to scroll up and down with the magic mouse is smoother that with a good usb mouse. I didn't find this to be true. You can also use gestures to scroll right and left, move forward and backward through web pagers, and to get to and from the dashboard. But the gestures are no more useful than the usual ways of doing this--clicking, keyboard shortcuts, etc.
on March 3, 2016
I purchased this mouse to use with my MacBook Pro as I don't like to use the track pad that is built into the computer. I had a bit of trouble setting it up but now it works just fine. It was my own ignorance to blame. I didn't know I had to enable the secondary right click feature and mistakenly thought the mouse was faulty. This free's up the USB port on the computer for other things as this mouse utilizes built in bluetooth technology. I was using a USB wireless mouse before. Thin and compact, it fits easily in my laptop pouch. It pairs up easily with the laptop once you know what you are doing.
on May 26, 2016
This mouse is great if it exists only a desk. I used this mouse for my laptop and kept the mouse in the back pack while not in use. However, the little switch on the bottom of the mouse would switch on very often from normal movement of the backpack. And once turned on and a mouse button pushed down, it prevents clicking on the track pad. This drove me nuts so many times that I eventually removed it from my backpack.

The cost of the mouse is also excessive for what you get but hey it's an "Apple" product.
on July 1, 2015
This was purchased to replace the corded mouse that came with my work computer. It was extremely easy to install and very sleek looking. The mouse also works very well, but only after installing MagicPref from the Apple website. With some wireless computer mice you are extremely limited on how far from the sensor you can use the mouse. This mouse has a very large range, is consistent, and is very smooth. I actually was showing a presentation to some people in my office and was across the room clicking on items with this mouse. It has different speed settings so you can set this for gaming or just everyday office work. Another plus is that the battery lasts. I have not had to replace it and have had it for over 3 months. I will say the design is a little hard to get used to. It is very flat and only has a slight curve. You also have to get used to the one button mouse. You can convert it using the MagicPrf installation however. Overall, this is a great mouse and Apple has done it again.
on April 19, 2016
This mouse works pretty good but there are quirks that either it's doing or I'm doing (i.e., suddenly the page jumps up on down, the script that I'm writing because I happened to touch the mouse. And sometimes that thingy bar that can be grabbed and move the page up or down is not there unless I press the mouse. I am still not sure if it's a quirk of wi-fi or the product itself, and maybe even this Macintosh. I do know the other mouse that plugs into the computer never did this sort of thing. I hope to research this matter online and come to a better determination. Otherwise, it's a snazzy looking mouse, I'll give it that much. Oh, and wireless mouse's live up to their reputation for going through batteries. This one sure does.
on April 24, 2017
Well, I'm not sure why, but this mouse has trouble with sideways scrolling when on a mouse pad. I've tried an all black mouse pad, and a light colored patterned mouse pad. It won't consistently scroll sideways. I've changed settings to fast and to slow. I've moved it closer to the laptop. I've toggled other settings. It seems to scroll just fine when on the regular desk surface. The good is that it charges easily with the lightening charger that you use for your phone. The bad is that Apple is changing their connectors in Fall of 2017.
on February 11, 2014
Once I discovered the magic mouse some years ago when my corded mouse failed I was shocked by the price, but couldn't resist the allure of the cordless feature so I bought it, and never looked back.

The sheer convenience of not being tied to a cord changed the way I used my desktop computer, since I could even sit a few feet away and use the mouse on any semi-hard surface.

The scrolling feature that works like Apple's scrolling moves on the laptops is outstanding. I have two: one that I use with my 9 year old iMac desktop computer at my wood desk with the gliding keyboard tray; and the other that I use with my retina Macbook Pro.

It feels good in the hand and I'm very conscious of that feel, finding it soothing as well as practical. Since it's smooth there's nowhere to catch and hold debris or spills. It works with the slightest of touches and even permits left or right hand clicking with no ugly protruding buttons.

When I bought the 2nd mouse I also bought a new set of rechargable AA batteries and a nifty little 2-pk charger from Apple. It's handy to always have freshly charged batteries so I can take some extras along in my backpack. Changing batteries merely involves sliding a lever on the underside, clicking the small cover off (I can do it one handed), and pulling the two batteries out (do that with my other hand, one handed). Insert the new ones, press the little cover on, and slide the tiny lever and the new mouse is ready to go. You can easily check to see if the batteries are indeed charged by looking at the underside, top right, to note the double-blinking tiny green light.
on January 14, 2015
This is my second Magic Mouse. Both of them disconnect at any given time. At their worst they disconnect every 5 or 10 minutes. The original one got so bad I purchased a second one. Same problem. You can clear your (Mac) computer cash and that helps but does not solve the problem. My latest mouse just stops tracking and I have to open it and pull the batteries out to reset the mouse and to get it working again. I love the scroll feature of this mouse but the other issues are a real problem. I do not think I will purchase another Magic Mouse based on the price compared to quality. Im sure I can find a better mouse for the money.
on October 5, 2013
**Updated** I use this now on my macbook laptop and a R.A.T. 5 on my desktop... let me first say I have been spoiled by the RAT 5 that I use on my windows desktop. For those unfamiliar with gaming mice, RAT mice are high end contraptions with lots of buttons, extra modes, sensitivity controls on the mouse itself and some even come with customizable weight systems.

I don't really do much gaming on my mac but instead wanted better controls for the full screen apps and 2 dimensional scrolling. This mouse certainly delivers in that category. the touch inertia touch scrolling and multitouch really give it more functionality and do it in a way that's more useful on a mac than any other mouse could deliver. The weight is good and the battery life is good.

It is NOT for use in 3D apps though... at all. If you use Maya, or Cinema 4D or any other application where you regularly need the full range of navigation in 3D space- this mouse can't do it. They can make the touchpad on a macbook functional enough to navigate Maya, but not this $70 mouse? Fortunately most of the 3D work I do is on my PC desktop, and if I need to I can use maya with the touchpad. That's pretty lame though.

The other big problem is that if you're setup to use gestures extensively on the touch pad and are accustomed to that, the difference between the touchpad and mouse can be a bit disconcerting. For instance, I'm used to 3 finger swipe on the touchpad to change between fullscreen apps. On the mouse it's 2 fingers. It's not as big a mental leap as going back and forth between the regular scrolling on Windows 7 versus Mac's inverted "natural scrolling" but it is noticeable. On the touchpad 2 finger tap is a right click. On the mouse 2 finger tap does nothing. On the touchpad there are all the gestures, like 4 finger swipe up, 4 finger pinch, and all the others- they are not recognized on this mouse and as such it really can't replace the touchpad completely but instead they work together.

Overall it is less aggravating in terms of carpal tunnel as it gives you the option to perform actions in a different way. As for mice that work with OS and take advantage of the swiping, responsive touch navigation, this really is the way to go. regular mice, even the RAT mice feel incredibly restrictive on OSX after using this mouse. However, if your mac is your 3D powerhouse, avoid this thing like crazy. Get a RAT or, really any $5 mouse with 3 buttons.
on September 20, 2016
I've been using this mouse for a few months and still haven't noticed anything necessarily magical. It has nice touch gesture capabilities and is bluetooth capable, but nothing really magical. I kept yelling commands at it but never responded, perhaps I was exaggerating the 'O' too much when pronouncing leviosa.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.