Industrial Deals HPC Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Red and Rose nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Def Leppard All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Garnet Jewelry modern furniture and decor Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheBigSick TheBigSick TheBigSick  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now

on December 31, 2017
The company offering this reconditioned Apple Magic Bluetooth Mouse sent the item in excellent time, well packaged, and in superb condition. It is functioning beautifully thus far.
​I have been re-introducing myself to Apple working with the pro laptop. Therefore, I will not notice some of the drawbacks and kinks of this wireless product as more seasoned Apple users might experience.
The comparison I am noticing is switching from a non-Apple produced mouse to the Apple Magic Mouse. It is a significant relief. I was having unbearable headaches with the other devices. It was one mouse after another. So much I had to stop working out of frustration and have to accept the hardening lesson that Apple works better with Apple.
There could have been provided a few printed notes or instructions how to get started with the magic mouse. A YouTube video aided me to set it up on the MacBook Pro, and there are others on how to get the best use of it. The supplier did provide the batteries which are a kind thought.
review image
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 5, 2013
**Updated** I use this now on my macbook laptop and a R.A.T. 5 on my desktop... let me first say I have been spoiled by the RAT 5 that I use on my windows desktop. For those unfamiliar with gaming mice, RAT mice are high end contraptions with lots of buttons, extra modes, sensitivity controls on the mouse itself and some even come with customizable weight systems.

I don't really do much gaming on my mac but instead wanted better controls for the full screen apps and 2 dimensional scrolling. This mouse certainly delivers in that category. the touch inertia touch scrolling and multitouch really give it more functionality and do it in a way that's more useful on a mac than any other mouse could deliver. The weight is good and the battery life is good.

It is NOT for use in 3D apps though... at all. If you use Maya, or Cinema 4D or any other application where you regularly need the full range of navigation in 3D space- this mouse can't do it. They can make the touchpad on a macbook functional enough to navigate Maya, but not this $70 mouse? Fortunately most of the 3D work I do is on my PC desktop, and if I need to I can use maya with the touchpad. That's pretty lame though.

The other big problem is that if you're setup to use gestures extensively on the touch pad and are accustomed to that, the difference between the touchpad and mouse can be a bit disconcerting. For instance, I'm used to 3 finger swipe on the touchpad to change between fullscreen apps. On the mouse it's 2 fingers. It's not as big a mental leap as going back and forth between the regular scrolling on Windows 7 versus Mac's inverted "natural scrolling" but it is noticeable. On the touchpad 2 finger tap is a right click. On the mouse 2 finger tap does nothing. On the touchpad there are all the gestures, like 4 finger swipe up, 4 finger pinch, and all the others- they are not recognized on this mouse and as such it really can't replace the touchpad completely but instead they work together.

Overall it is less aggravating in terms of carpal tunnel as it gives you the option to perform actions in a different way. As for mice that work with OS and take advantage of the swiping, responsive touch navigation, this really is the way to go. regular mice, even the RAT mice feel incredibly restrictive on OSX after using this mouse. However, if your mac is your 3D powerhouse, avoid this thing like crazy. Get a RAT or, really any $5 mouse with 3 buttons.
on January 14, 2015
This is my second Magic Mouse. Both of them disconnect at any given time. At their worst they disconnect every 5 or 10 minutes. The original one got so bad I purchased a second one. Same problem. You can clear your (Mac) computer cash and that helps but does not solve the problem. My latest mouse just stops tracking and I have to open it and pull the batteries out to reset the mouse and to get it working again. I love the scroll feature of this mouse but the other issues are a real problem. I do not think I will purchase another Magic Mouse based on the price compared to quality. Im sure I can find a better mouse for the money.
on September 20, 2016
I've been using this mouse for a few months and still haven't noticed anything necessarily magical. It has nice touch gesture capabilities and is bluetooth capable, but nothing really magical. I kept yelling commands at it but never responded, perhaps I was exaggerating the 'O' too much when pronouncing leviosa.
on January 4, 2018
I've had so many problems with these magic mice. I love the way they work when they work. But mine always stop working. I don't understand if this is just me or other people have this problem as well. Right now I have a wired mouse hooked up to my computer and I have a magic mouse sitting next to it. I use the magic mouse to swipe between pages and the wired mouse to scroll and move around on the screen. The mouse stops tracking properly and becomes slow. I've used these on a Mac Pro and with a MacBook Pro and MacBook Air. I've changed my mouse preferences and it doesn't help. It really shouldn't be this way. It's quite frustrating and it's gotten quite expensive when you have to replace this mouse. I think Apple needs to work on the design.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 8, 2012
Bought this Apple Magic Mouse as "used - like new" for about $45. It really looked mint new when received it. Apparently, the previous owner barely used it -- probably because the previous owner just wanted to continue using a regular double-button-with-the-middle-wheel mouse or probably wanted a nice gaming mouse. Well, that turned out to be good for me since have always liked the Apple Magic Mouse when having used it on another mac, but didn't want to spend the full $70 to get one. So, in the meanwhile have been happily using a cheap wired mouse until recently when all sorts of cables started cluttering up my work area where my Macbook resides most of the time. So, got the Apple Magic Mouse to get rid of the mouse cable. Oh, one thing that you will have to get used to is the lower profile of the Apple Magic Mouse since this mouse is not as tall as a regular mouse. Also, if you are used to doing the right click on a regular mouse, then you'll have to go into System Preferences, click Mouse, and check the box for Secondary Click to get the right click to work. And while you're in there, you may want to increase the tracking speed also. And since you're in System Preferences, also go click into Bluetooth, click Advanced, and UNCHECK the box for "Allow Bluetooth devices to wake this computer" -- my thinking is that since can tap on the keyboard on my Macbook to wake it up then unchecking the wake-up setting will probably at least help a little bit to conserve the battery when the Apple Magic Mouse is asleep. There is also some software called MagicPrefs that other users have talked about, but these settings on the mac seem to be good enough for me at the moment. And so, this Apple Magic Mouse seems to be a good purchase and really looks like a cool device to have.
on September 6, 2013
Apple did a great job with this mouse. The fact that is connects with bluetooth and not in need of a extra usb port makes it fantastic. The touch surface works incredible over the Microsoft touch mouse and with the free program (MagicPrefs) this mouse becomes a powerhouse of possibilities. The only reason for docking the star is it does not have the best battery times, although its not the worst neither. Also I wish it were a little more comfortable in the hand, but at the same time its difficult to have a mouse you can rest your hand on and utilize the entire surface as touch sensitive. Kudos to Apple on this one.

UPDATE:

Just shy of 2 months (58 days) my mouse batteries just gave up. I used the Advanced lithium energizer batteries for the first couple months and use my mouse an average of 6hr/day. I am satisfied with the life as it is better than my previous logitec mouse life. I purchased a couple sets of rechargeable so there wont be any battery issue but thought this might be helpful for some of you.

I have also raised my review from a 4 star to 5 stars as I learned with a couple days of using the mouse that you learn how to hold it (no hand cramps as you may think). Very functional and amazingly helpful in programs like Apples Logic Pro where I can scroll around my arrange window while performing other functions just by sliding my finger over the mouses surface. This is the only mouse to my knowledge that does this without navigating to the horizontal and vertical slide bars. This also works in safari or any other program you can think that has scroll bars.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on June 22, 2015
I really like this mouse. I was worried about using it since I normally use a Contour RollerMouse, but I really like being able to use gestures with the mouse. I don't believe that this mouse causes any discomfort compared to a normal mouse because I don't have to constantly grip the thing to use it.

My only issue, and I can't say that it's the mouse for sure, is that it disconnects from my Mac often. I have to click a couple times for it to reconnect. It's more of an annoyance than a real problem though, so I just wanted to throw that out there.
on December 10, 2015
Never have I been so disappointed with an Apple product. It worked great until I was barely out of the return/replace time period then it went to complete crap. It just stopped staying connected, or has a mind of its own. I have tried every possible trouble shooting technique and nothing works. After looking it up it seems this happens to a lot of people. I would not purchase this unless you are ok with spending around $70 dollars for something you will only get to use for a few months.
on May 30, 2015
You can't click the right and left button at the same time. If you don't know why someone would do such a thing, then don't design a computer mouse.

Why make it all sleek and sexy, and then jump back a decade or two?

Having said that, this mouse is perfect for handling Word documents and for surfing the internet. When I'm not coding, or gaming, or using a large program like CAD, MATHCAD, LabView, and etc, then this mouse is fine. But as soon as it is time to get down to business, literally, then I switch to my trusty and multifunctional Logitech.