BCA Month Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on November 9, 2013
This monitor is the ultimate tool for graphics artists, for someone with high computer workload or for someone with impaired vision. I fit the last two categories. The resolution on this monitor is excellent, and the overall design is very classy - a nice addition to a neat office. Installation is seamless. The cable to my Mac has both the power plug and the thunderbolt connector in one cord.

One warning to OS X 10.9 users (Mavericks update): The monitor worked flawlessly with my Mac prior to installing 10.9. After installation, I had problems waking up the monitor. Had to work with an Apple Tech to reload 10.9 on my Mac, then download all my backup. It still hasn't worked as well - Mac won't come out of hibernation in "clamshell" mode (closed). I'm sure this doesn't have much if anything to do with the monitor. Recommend waiting until new OS versions are published if you're using a Mac and this monitor.
on August 14, 2015
The speakers randomly make distorted crackling noises. Researched the issue and apparently the defect has been occurring for years with no fix or acknowledgment. Returning this. Display itself was nice, but for the money it costs to get a display like this, defective speakers should not be an issue.
on January 19, 2015
The best display device in my house! But please note that I'm not yet a 5K owner! Nevertheless, this display is efficient, stable, beautiful, and designed to be a great compliment to a MBA or a MBP. Note to Windows users via Parallels: Even though this display works exactly as engineered when Windows is active under Parallels, the display resolution "upgrade" from a Windows monitor causes unexpected modifications to - for example - the ribbon area in Microsoft Office. The vertical spacing between the window header and the Office ribbon is proportionally greater than on lower resolution monitors. Nothing is missing from the viewing experience, except perfection in emulating a 100% Windows environment. In my experience, this "problem" exists with a 2014 MBP, but not a 2014 MBA. Perhaps it's a Parallels software thing. Anyway...enjoy your Thunderbolt!
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 16, 2015
I purchased this through a vendor, evaniam at Amazon. I cannot begin to tell you what a terrific product this 27" Thunderbolt Display is, but again, it is Apple. I did find out that this monitor is made by LG, so perhaps one could find the this through them. Before I purchased this display I had been using various TV's but really needed something that had more pixels for readability. I was already impressed with the 21" iMac display but needed something larger for my vision problems. I am quite impressed with the sound quality for FaceTime and other video. I have this attached to my Mac Mini and everything works beautifully. I highly recommend this 27" Thunderbolt Display.
on May 15, 2017
The display was in working condition but the front left side of the screen have around 12 chips of around 3-7mm
review image
on October 30, 2013
It's a nice bright monitor, its great that you can daisy chain them together. I feel like it is missing some modern features for a $1000 monitor, for one the resolution is pretty bad when its sitting next to a retina MBP's display, for another it still doesn't have any USB 3.0 ports, which is a huge bummer.

I do work with headphones, and I connect this to my laptop, so I find myself wishing the monitor itself had a headphone jack, so I could just plug in the Thunderbolt+Power cable and not have to worry about plugging and unplugging my headphones each time as well.
on October 13, 2012
I love this display. The colors are well saturated, pixels are invisible, and it has good sound. For use with my Macbook Air, I just leave it at my desk and when I want to connect the Air it's just a power cable and the Thunderbolt cable. Quick connection and you don't have to get out the regular Air power supply. There is no power switch--when the Air is connected the display powers on. It's totally quiet, has excellent sound for a flat screen display and has a wide viewing angle so that I can always tilt it to an angle where reflections aren't objectionable. Yes, it is a glossy surface and reflections are there, but I can always adjust it to my liking. The only possible complaint is that I really wish this could be used with a DVI or HDMI input, rather than Thunderbolt only. But the name says it all: "Thunderbolt Display". It was designed for a specific use and it is an excellent product, beautiful design, that works flawlessly for me.
on February 26, 2015
Works great with my new Retina Macbook Pro. The display came with the Magsafe 2 adapter so no problems there. One star knocked off because the design of the display is a little outdated now, with the slim look of all the iMac displays...this looks like a 5 year old iMac.
on July 10, 2017
Great service
nice product just as was describe
thanks
on May 26, 2016
It was a lot older model than I thought it would be. I had to get a MagSafe adaptor for it to connect to my new MacBook. I thought it might be slightly used, but apparently it was well used . Not a good bargain for $200 less than the price for a new one.