Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Apple iPad Air MD789LL/A (32GB, Wi-Fi, White with Silver) OLD VERSION
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Ryley Walker Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Shop Now

Size: 32 GB|Shape: Wi-Fi|Color: White|Change

on April 28, 2016
Came fully charged in sealed apple box with all accessories! I was slightly hesitant on buying technology through a 3rd party but I'll never pay full retail at an Apple Store again! Got free 2 day shipping with Amazon prime also! Extremely pleased.
on March 2, 2015
It was advertised as "New, in sealed package" but it came in an open box, completely unsealed, with greasy finger prints smeared across both sides. And to top it off, there were a half dozen scratches on the screen. Returned right away.
review image
0Comment| 159 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 4, 2014
The iPads I purchased from TechGiant were not as they were described! When I took them to T-mobile to activate these "brand new ipads", I was told that they could not activate 4G on any of the 8 ipads I purchased! This was because all 8 were previously owned and blocked for FRAUD! TechGiant is selling previously owned items! TechGIANT I would appreciate it if you contacted me directly to resolve this asap!
55 comments| 174 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 16, 2014
I bought this as a gift for my aunt. When I received this, I found the iPad was pre-owned. To make sure about this, I also double checked the unique code on the back of iPad on the apple.com. It showed this iPad was activated on April, 3 months before when I got this. You can tell how disappoint I was.
55 comments| 214 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 12, 2014
Be weary of online purchase. I purchased this iPad Air new, came in original box, unopened with the plastic wrap attached. When I tried to active cellular data, the iPad was blocked and flagged as fraud attempt! Obviously was returned and awaiting refund.
11 comment| 92 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 22, 2015
I purchased this iPad from MBC Mobile. The touch screen stopped working after 2 months. Took it to the Apple Store. They typed in the serial number from the iPad and it said that it was purchased in 1978!! The original box had a sticker on it that was printed on a printer. This sticker had serial number ,and model number etc. I peeled it off to reveal the original sticker which had a different serial number and different model. I bought a 32GB. The sticker said 16GB iPad. The box cover picture was faded. Very shady seller. Lucky I received I full refund from Amazon. Steer clear of MBC Mobile.
review image
22 comments| 62 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 24, 2015
How deceptive can a seller be? Decptive enough to place refurbished ipads in new boxes that come "looking" like their factory sealed but sadly their not even new. First red flag for me was the serial number on the box that the ipad came in did not match the serial number that is displayed under Settings>General>About. This is where all the "real" information about the ipad is located folks. After noticing the serial number did not match i then noticed the model of the ipad was not correct either. The ipad model in the Amazon listing of this seller claims this model is MD789LL/A, in fact it is NOT under the About section located under the settings of the ipad my model number is FF529LL/B which is classified REFURBISHED, i was told this after contacting Apple. In addition the responsiveness of the touch screen is pretty disappointing on this ipad as well; maybe that has something to do with the fact that its refurbished crap. This being my third ipad and all I'm kind of familiar with the quality of Apple products. If you plan on purchasing from this seller i would proceed with extreme caution and check the serial number as well as the model number not the ones located on the box but the "real" information stored inside the ipad (Settings>General>About is where you can find that information). Then verify the model number and serial number by contacting Apple to see if you have a "new" ipad as this seller is FALSELY ADVERTISING! I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS SELLER TO ANYONE!!!
on June 16, 2014
My wife is exceedingly happy with the product it is fast intuitive (more so than the programmers who designed it). Everything worked as advertised except the setup. The online instructions for transferring data and apps from her old Ipad (yes, this is not her first) were pretty simple and basic using the cloud or ITunes. That is until we discovered that the new ipad air had an older operating system than the old one and they weren't compatible. Not a thing would transfer!!!! That meant setting the Ipad Air up as a new ipad and manually transferring apps and data. Now, guess what the first thing the Ipad Air did once it was setup and operable. You guessed it, it updated itself to the version of the operating system on my wife's old one!!! Would it not make sense, since they will sit on a distribution shelf until sold, to program them to update the IOS first then setup. That would have saved us a lot of time and frustration. Except for this we would have rated this product five stars. After almost a month of use my wife is still happy with the apple product, we are not so happy with the seller and Amazon. We had a problem with the unit "freezing" during an update install, which we understand is easily repairable and not uncommon. We took the unit in to an Apple Store to have it "unfrozen". They immediately told us the unit was used and had been in an Apple Store previously for repairs. This is NOT what we purchased, it is not "Brand New Factory Sealed". The Apple Representative told us that "at best it is Factory Refurbished". After checking Amazon's return policy I found they would refund my money (not replace the product which I can understand) after they receive the unit, which means that I am stuck with the return freight. I thought, well, I will contact the actual seller, Wrong again!!! Except for being able to receive a duplicate invoice or thanking them for being able to do business with them it is CONTACT AMAZON!! Guess what, still stuck with the return freight for something that is not my fault (it is either vendor mistake or vendor misrepresentation) and I will have to purchase a new unit and set it up all over again. This really doesn't seem like the best way win friends and influence customers
on February 5, 2015
I am sure it is not the sellers fault since they cant see what is inside the box before they ship it. I blame apple. The Ipad I received ran into a software update corruption in the first hour of running it. I tried to update the IOS soon after i received it and got the iTunes logo attached to USB cable. What ever i did the Ipad would not start. It kept going back to the same iTunes with the USB cable logo.I connected with my PC and turned on iTunes and the updated kept giving unknown error and stopping. I left it over night and suddenly the Ipad started working.

Also the Charger became "Hot" not warm (i am not exaggerating), when i first charged it. It has done this several times and its intermittent.

VERY very disappointing. This is my first Ipad and was a gift for my mom.
on December 30, 2013
First of all, I have never owned an ipad before but I have used other's ipads and was impressed with them. I also have a motorola xoom and it doesn't even come close to the ease of use and just generally aesthetics of this ipad. Its probably best that I break it down into pros and cons to give the most accurate picture I can of what I have found since I bought myself, my wife and my son all the new ipad Airs.

--The Good--
The business apps I use are all exactly what I hoped for. I use Chrome for browser and it looks incredible. When tablets came out, this is what I imagined browsing the internet should look like on a tablet. The form factor is great, and the Air is as light as advertised. Despite other's claims of durability issues, I have found it to be quite durable even with my minimal case. Movies in correct format play flawlessy and my music sounds great. Paired with some good headphones, long plane trips become tolerable in the worst of seats. Facetiming with family is a breeze and the 'cool' factor is definitely still present.

--The Bad--
There are also some cons which I think takes the Air down a half star to a star. First off the 16GB model which I purchased for my wife from a big box store after I purchased my 64GB from Amazon is simply not enough memory. I know thats a choice etc but for those that are purchasing for the first time, do NOT buy the 16 GB model unless you plan on mostly using for browsing the internet. Apps + music + movies will fill up your 16 (actually less after what IOS takes up) gigs very quickly.

Second, they should have put a little more RAM in. The browser occaisonally crashes and there is definitely some latency on scrolling for more content intensive pages.

Lastly a few random complaints; the screen also seems dimmer than the ipad with retina (last generation), there is no additional storage, and there seems to be a growing number of junk apps/games.

--The Ugly--
I will preface this with this: only power users are likely to encounter the ugly.

Synching with Apple TV is not as easy as advertised. Sometimes the air icon shows up, sometimes it doesn't.

You can play MKV files but it is painful. You need a third party player, then you have to transfer movies via http (drag and drop doesn't work), and you will not see where that space went, should you forget about things you've transferred via that method.

If you have a home media server and use a PC, itunes + network drives + adding files to the ipad reminds me of the days of the 2400 baud modem. You wait, and you wait, and you wait. Anything you really want to transfer, transfer it from your network drive to your pc, then add to library, then transfer to ipad.

--Overall--
I still prefer this to my android pad or any other tablets I have encountered. The pros outweigh the cons if you have the money to spend considering how much more these are than comperable android tablets.