Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB DG Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning americangods americangods americangods  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 186 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 191 reviews
on November 12, 2014
My computer needed to be sent into the warehouse and they couldn't guarantee that my hard drive wouldn't be wiped. I was suffering from "THE WHITE SCREEN OF DEATH" when I would turn it on. So he showed me how to turn it on while holding keyboard key T (which turns your MacBook into a big Hard Drive) and then using a thunderbolt or firewire cable I was able to pull files off my MacBook using my wife's MacBook.

Got it back after Logic Board was replaced and my data was all there so didn't end up needing the back up but Hey, better safe than sorry.
on February 14, 2014
I purchased this Thunderbolt to address an issue with my 27" thunderbolt monitor; the built in cable seems to be causing problems with it's ability to wake up. I read a suggested solution in Åpple Forums; to purchase a separate cable & plug it in. NO problems since the purchase.
I bought this for use with a Seagate Thunderbolt Adapter, that I'm hooking up to an iMac for the purpose of editing video files.

It was the least expensive of the Thunderbolt cables I could find - apparently there aren't any generic ones out there, and this one's manufactured by Apple.

Works like a charm, though - transfers data much faster than the standard USB 2.0 port or even Firewire.
on October 23, 2014
Works as described. Connects firmly into Thunderbolt ports. Keep in mind that 0.5 Meters = about 20 inches, but taking into account about 2 inches for bending and cable writhe at each port, you realistically have about 16 inches of horizontal play between your computer and peripheral/computer and display/peripheral and peripheral... It's shorter than you may think.
on August 8, 2015
It works as it supposed to. My 27" Thunderbolt screen went black on me so I did some tests and figured out the issue lies within the builtin thunderbolt cable. I got this cable to connect my Mac Pro 15" retina with the Thunderbolt screen using one of its two thunderbolt ports and it's been working great for almost 6 months so far.
However, keep in mind this is only 20 inch long so you don't have much room to wiggle. I'd recommend you go for the 1M unless you are sure 0.5M is fine for your application.
on December 19, 2014
This product still sees every day use, as it is all I use with my HDDs. It works unbelievably well, and I've never had any issues. (also, I'm currently using two!)

I can't stand the longer cords, as I am often traveling and editing on my laptop. Clocking in at just a half a meter, these suckers are perfect for close connections, so you don't have a jumble of cable sitting around.
on August 17, 2014
This little cable is sturdy and provided me with exactly what I needed, which was a way to transfer my data from one Mac laptop to another. Directly connected (though I had to turn one thing on in Preferences first) and transferred very quickly a computer that had about a year's worth of files on it. One con: just a wee bit short for my needs. I had to make sure the computers were just about on top of one another to connect.
I needed one of these to connect my Macbook Air to iMac and bought this one because it was the cheapest. While it works fine, I'll just say it is really small. There is no way it is .5 of a meter. I'd say it is about 1 foot if that. I had to put my computer backwards right next to the monitor to get it to connect. So if you are buying this cable for a similar purpose, I might recommend getting a bigger one even though it is a huge price rip off.
on April 19, 2014
This cable is completely functional and would be fine for using something that resides right next to the computer. I mistakenly purchased it to connect it to an iMac to use it in target display mode and it is annoyingly short. I thought the short length would be perfect, but there is zero slack in the configuration that I have now. Oops. I purchased a 2 meter cable and it is much better for me.
on June 3, 2016
The cord was short (as it says) but it did work just fine. If you are using two computers side by side, this would definitely work. Any further away though and it's not going to reach.