Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
Apple MMEF2AM/A AirPods Wireless Bluetooth Headset for iPhones with iOS 10 or Later White
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
- Audio automatically plays as soon as you put them in your ears and pauses when you take them out.
- To adjust the volume, Change the song, make a call, or even get directions, just double-tap to activate Siri.
- Because the ultralow-power W1 chip manages battery life so well, airpods deliver an industry-leading 5 hours of listening time on One charge.
- They’re made to keep up with you, thanks to a charging case that holds multiple additional charges for more than 24 hours of listening time.
- Need a quick charge? just 15 minutes in the case gives you 3 hours of listening time.
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Wireless. Effortless. Magical.
AirPods will forever change the way you use headphones. Whenever you pull your AirPods out of the charging case, they instantly turn on and connect to your iPhone, Apple Watch, iPad or Mac. Audio automatically plays as soon as you put them in your ears and pauses when you take them out.
Driven by the custom Apple W1 chip, AirPods use optical sensors and a motion accelerometer to detect when they’re in your ears. Whether you’re using both or just one of them, the W1 chip automatically routes the audio and engages the microphone.
Designed by Apple.
Automatically on, automatically connected.
One-tap setup for all your Apple devices.
More than 24-hour battery life with Charging Case.
Charges quickly in the case.
Rich, high-quality audio and voice.
Seamless switching between devices.
- The ultra low-power W1 chip manages battery life so well, AirPods deliver an industry-leading 5 hours of listening time on one charge.
- And they’re made to keep up with you, thanks to a charging case that holds multiple additional charges for more than 24 hours of listening time.
- Need a quick charge? Just 15 minutes in the case give you 3 hours of listening time.
Compare with similar items
Airpods will forever change the way you use headphones. Whenever you pull your airpods out of the charging case, they instantly turn on and connect to your iPhone, Apple Watch, iPad, or Mac. AirPods Sensors (each): Dual beam-forming microphones, Dual optical sensors, Motion-detecting accelerometer, Speech-detecting accelerometer. System Requirements: iPhone, iPad and iPod touch models with iOS 10 or later, Apple Watch models with watchOS 3 or later, Mac models with macOS Sierra or later.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I don't know what the angry reviewers were smoking. None of their grievances are necessarily true, and that's coming from someone generally skeptical of Bluetooth headphones. If anything I did not expect these to be an upgrade in sound quality from my Bose MIE2i buds, but they were.
Firstly, the sound quality - miles above and beyond the EarPods GIVEN that they fit in your ear, not just "slightly better". You have to be deaf to not appreciate the difference. The upgrade over the EarPods in sound quality is night-and-day - I'm really confused about why so many reviewers are disappointed by the sound (my suspicion is that they didn't fit them snugly enough?). Everyone who's tried mine has noted the same thing - they genuinely sound good. On top of that - given how difficult it has been to even get a pair of these, I don't understand why internet minions who clearly have never even tried a pair are already giving them bad marks. It's almost a DISADVANTAGE to Apple that they made them look like EarPods - because while they look like EarPods, they sound nothing like EarPods. I find them much more pleasant to listen to than even my Bose MIE2i buds, which I've cherished for years. I did all my listening just using Apple Music's 256kbps AAC files. For those audiophiles out there, I would say that the sound profile is "scooped" - the midrange is underrepresented, but otherwise they sound really surprisingly nice.
The low ends are punchier and tight, the highs are crisp, and the soundstage produced is nice and wide and easy to get lost in. In comparison, the old wired EarPods had a subdued low-end and airier highs. No, I don't get the level of detail in the highs I do from my $400 over-the-ears, but for casual-to-intermediate listening these are more than sufficient. In jazz the hi-hats and cymbals are finely detailed and ring as they should, and you can appreciate the subtle "twang" of a double bass, which I'd say the EarPods certainly did not deliver. In classical the sound is detailed enough to detect the wispy scratching of a bow gliding gently over the strings of a violin. You can relaxedly tell all the instruments apart in an orchestral piece. Pop music does well with a satisfying, thumping bass that doesn't distort much at high volumes and clear vocals. On top of all that - these get noticeably louder than the EarPods - definitely ear-damagingly loud if you so desire.
Obviously all of this holds true only if they actually fit snugly in your ear - if they don't, they'll sound worse and they'll fall out. I was glad I tried them out in-store before deciding on them.
I've heard a lot of people say "they look like Q-tips in your ear! They look so silly!" Perhaps I'm missing something but if they look just like EarPods and those had a long windy cable, why were the EarPods not "silly"? I also don't understand why "but you'll lose them!" is a reason to make fun of the product. Isn't the future necessarily predictive of a world in which we are fully wireless? Do people not buy smartphones because they're afraid they'll lose them? Sure, at one point. We get used to our wireless products and we adapt to not losing them. Furthermore, many of the the comparisons people make to the AirPods don't even make sense - like the Bose bluetooth earbuds (which I actually think sound notably worse), which also aren't even fully wireless earbuds. There are so few, true AirPod alternatives on the market in there are truly no wires at all between earbuds; admittedly I have not tried them, but I haven't heard the best marks about those either. I considered of course the Earins (connectivity issues apparently?) and the Samsung Gear IconX (shorter battery life), but even those aren't the same category of buds because of their in-ear-canal design, whereas the AirPods resemble more classic earbuds. I personally detest the in-ear-canal feeling of squishing into my ears (I perceive the soundstage produced to be much narrower and literally inside my head), but I realize this is PURELY personal preference.
The AirPods have great battery life, and the charging is so fast I just stop listening to them to use the restroom, make a cup of coffee, come back, and they're ready to go again for hours. I have yet to exhaust their full 4-5 hour run in one sitting. The pairing was ridiculously easy and fun to do, and the transitioning between iCloud-linked devices is seamlessly albeit still laggy (fingers crossed for an update).
Try the AirPods before hating on them. It's an easy time to hate on Apple - the removal of headphone jacks from the iPhone, the death of MagSafe chargers, a world full of dongles, etc. Just know that if you join the hate bandwagon you'll be missing out on some genuinely good audio and handy wireless technology. These are not just EarPods with the cables cut.
Great seller, delivered in perfect condition, overseas, cause there aren't any Apple Stores or re-sellers/retailers over here, I had to buy it from a third party seller from over here.
And it was just a perfect experience! Happy with them.
And just I said in my iPhone review, if you want an actual review of the product, go over to YT, that's a better place for such product. So I'll just leave you with some pics!
You know what.. I'll actually briefly give my opinion on them.
* Battery life: Awesome! I don't use them 24/7, tho, I use them often, like at least 5 times a day, and minimum 20 minutes per use. And the whole thing (case with pods) last me like 5-6 days.
* Fit and comfort: I was obviously worried if they'd keep jumping out of my ears during activity or just running or any kind of movement, and I actually discovered something about them only when I started using them. They turned out to fit and stay even better than the regular Earpods, cause keep in mind, the latter have a cable that's very likely to pulled around by your arms or just by rubbing on your shirt or something like that. And honestly, from my six years of using the Earpods, and almost 2 months with the Airpods, the latter proved to be the winner regarding this category.
* Sound experience: My first cent, I don't believe in such thing as "audiophile", cause audio and music is totally subjective. So, take my opinion on this however you like. Anyhow, if you compare these, strictly against the previous Earpods, there's a MASSIVE difference. And my apologies, but you're a total id*ot if you actually believe they "sound the same as the Earpods". They put you in a totally different experience. To describe it best as I can, the Earpods are closed around you, you kind of feel you are listening to music in a closed room, where it just blasts music to your ears. Whereas the Airpods feel more... wide, more kind of.. immersive, you feel like the music is coming from around you, instead of being blasted into your ears directly.
And I found out that, there's a lot more extra holes in it, and one of them, the one on the back bone, kind of opens the pods to the outside world, which makes the sound feel more rich, which I think is what creates the bass in them.
* Other features: I tried them with my PC, and they totally work, mic and stereo speakers, I was actually even surprised of how well they worked with a PC. That's a great plus for me.
- Also, I'd assume there a lot of people who missed the bluetooth settings within their bluetooth menu when you connect them to the iPhone, you can choose what the double tap on each ear does, Play/Pause, activate Siri, Previous, Next, Off (turns the individual pod off).
- One rather obvious feature, but I think it's worth mentioning, their haptic abilities, whenever you take one pod out of your ear, they Pause whatever you're playing, put it back, they Play back.
So, in my opinion? Totally worth the money. (I paid $240 + shipping!) :P
Be warned - you WILL lose these! There is a way to track these with Find My iPhone App but it never works when I need it. If they are in their chaging case you cannot track them or send a sound to playback and locate them. It only works when they are out of the case and with a charge. When I washed mine they had died and I couldn’t locate them in my pocket :( Luckily, they seem to be waterproof