|Product Dimensions||0.94 x 0.86 x 1.22 inches; 1.6 Ounces|
|Item Weight||1.6 ounces|
|Item model number||MWP22AM/A|
|Batteries||3 Lithium ion batteries required. (included)|
|Date First Available||October 27, 2019|
Apple AirPods Pro
|Model Name||Apple AirPods Pro|
|Headphones Form Factor||In Ear|
About this item
- Active noise cancellation for immersive sound
- Transparency mode for hearing and connecting with the world around you
- Three sizes of soft, tapered silicone tips for a customizable fit
- Sweat and water resistant
- Adaptive EQ automatically tunes music to the shape of your ear
- Easy setup for all your Apple devices
- Quick access to Siri by saying “Hey Siri”
- The Wireless Charging Case delivers more than 24 hours of battery life
Compare Apple AirPods
|Price||From: -||From: $139.98||From: $109.99|
|Active Noise Cancellation||-||-|
|Hey Siri||Always on||Always on||Always on|
|Sweat and water resistant||-||-|
|Battery life (listening time on one charge)||Up to 4.5 hours of listening time||Up to 5 hours of listening time||Up to 5 hours of listening time|
|Battery life (listening time with charging case)||More than 24-hours||More than 24-hours||More than 24-hours|
|LED Charging Light Location||Front of case||Front of case||Top of case|
Apple AirPods Pro
AirPods (each): 0.19 ounce (5.4 g); Wireless Charging Case: 1.61 ounces (45.6 g)
AirPods (each): 0.94 by 0.86 by 1.22 inches (16.5 by 18.0 by 40.5 mm), Wireless Charging Case: 1.78 by 0.85 by 2.39 inches (45.2 by 21.7 by 60.6 mm)
AirPods Sensors (each):
Dual beamforming microphones, Dual optical sensors, Motion-detecting accelerometer, Speech-detecting accelerometer
Power and Battery
AirPods Pro with Wireless Charging Case: More than 24 hours listening time, up to 11 hours talk time
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Compared to the Airpods (version 2) highest end model (with wireless charging case*); the Airpods Pro is $50 more MSRP.
Compared to the non wireless case version it's $90 more
*Airpods Pro does have wireless charging case by default. Only one version.
Let's go through the differences
1. Physical Appearance:
Shorter Stem, but larger bud or head
There's a large black airflow grill
A mic inside and outside the Airpods
Case is same thickness, a lot wider, but shorter. Still uses lighting cable to charge, but it does come with a lighting to USB-C cable
2. In-ear, instead of on-ear
If your ear has a small cavum and the original airpods fit perfectly, then the Airpads Pro may be a tight fit/more uncomfortable, but seeing the in-ear design, the ear piece will go into the ear canal and the rest will float in place.
Those with normal or larger cavum it'll fit well.
Some may not like the ear piece going into their ear canal
These ear phones are more for a closed environment than an open one
Seeing that it's an in-ear design, you may feel this hollow air effect going on unless you turn on transparency mode (more on this later) or play music with active noise cancelling on
Seeing that it's in-ear, it has a tighter grip, better for joggers, those who shake their head around a lot for some reason, or if you run up stairs often. If you have an intense workout regimen and/or do extreme sports and not mindful it still can fall out
There's a Ear Tip Fit Test on app. There's several ear tips in box. When you turn on this feature in app it'll calibrate and suggest what ear tips are best listening experience for you
If you lose the tips or get them dirty overtime, you can go to the Apple store and get replacement pair for around $4 or get cheaper 3rd party ones when they come out
3. Squeeze instead of tap
Instead of tapping on the earbuds, you are pinching or squeezing the stem.
1x to play, pause, and answer calls
2x to skip forward tracks
3x to skip back tracks
Press and hold to switch between active noise cancel and transparency mode
Still able to say "Hey Siri" to do voice commands/adjust volume anytime
No physical volume controls on buds
4. Battery life
Battery life varies depending on how far away you are from the device and volume you set. Battery depreciation over time. These are just rough estimates
Pro in general has 4.5 listening time with active noise cancelling or transparency on. Airpods version 2 has 5 hours. Note Airpod version 2 does not have active noise cancelling or transparency mode. You can get 5 hours with noise cancelling and transparency off, but most likely you're not going to unless you're really desperate for battery
Pro has 3.5 talk time. Airpods have 3 hours
Case both old 24 hours battery life
Pro: 5 mins in case = 1 hour talk or listen time. Airpods 15min in case = 3 hours listen, 2 hours talk
5. Water/sweat resistant
Now you can go to the gym and do cardio with them on.
As mentioned before, tighter grip seeing that it's in-ear
May survive light rain. Do not recommended going in the shower or dunk in the pool with it though
6. Active noise cancellation, Transparency mode
Airpods pro has 3 modes: Active noise cancellation, off and Transparency mode
Active nose cancellation tries to block out outside noise while listening to music. I'd say it drowns out may 70%. If you focus to outside or aren't focused to music; you still may be able to pick out what's going on, but in general it does it's job.
Off is just like the standard in-ear headphones, but with the hollow air sound when no music is playing
Transparency mode. The black airflow grills let in outside sound so you're able to hear both outside sound and music same time. Think of it as open ear headsets.
Unlike some in-ear headsets the black airflow grills prevent you from hearing yourself in your head when you talk
7. Sound Quality
Better than the previous version seeing the active noise cancelling and in-ear with more focused sound direcly into your ear canal. It's not $250 audiophile quality sound. Better quality sound in lows and mids compared to non-pro version. If you ever tried the Power Beats Pro, it sound very similar to those
You can hear callers better in a noisy environment and less likely raise your voice
Other than that, all other features are the same. Meant to be used on Apple devices. Very good ease of use for Apple users, and is in-style these days (shows social status). Sound quality is better that the non-PRO version, and you do get noise cancellation. There are other headphones that do it better sound in this price range, but may not be as convenient with pairing to Apple devices.
This is popular in North America, and wearing it has become a fashion. I think it is the best electronic product after iPhone and Echo in the past 10 years.
iPhone 4 Steve Jobs 2010
Echo Jeff Bezos 2014
Airpods Pro Tim Cook 2019
1. It is suitable for sports enthusiasts. Airpods Pro has a new anti-sweat function, so you don't have to worry about sweat damaging the headphones during exercise. Noise reduction function can isolate external sounds, so you can enjoy music at the same time
2. Battery life. I tested the battery box for about 16 hours, and the headset has less than 5 hours. The noise reduction function may consume more power.
3. It's not suitable for sleeping. When you wake up, you may find headphones everywhere. In addition, when the power is off, the beep is very annoying. It is recommended that friends who want to sleep use sleep earplugs.
4, I found that the low-frequency sound quality will be more impactful and fuller than Airpods 2, but the overall sound quality is not much different from Airpods2
I give this product 4 stars. I got this product before Black Friday and have been using it for 10 days. Here is my experience using headphones
Appearance: 3 stars
1.The surface feel is the same as the previous two generations, and it is easy to scratch. It is recommended to buy a third-party protective case or a charging case with a protective case.
2.Portability personally feels better than the previous two generations, because the appearance is flatter and the earstems are shorter
3. There are three sizes of earbuds. The default is medium size. The little ears are still a bit painful after wearing them for a long time. Changing the trumpet is much better. The silicone sleeve is not easy to remove and replace. In addition, the silicone of the earphones is a bit smelly.
4. Uneven gaps are found in the charging case. I don't think there should be any problems with the workmanship of the product at this price, so the appearance is only 3 stars.
Comfort: 4 stars
1. In-ear AirPods Pro is not as comfortable as non-in-ear AirPods.
2. At present, it has been about 40 hours with earphones. It is said that there are stomata to regulate air pressure, so there will be no pressure in the ear for a long time. Ear pressure balance is better than Bose
3. AirPods Pro will have better air tightness to the ears. Sony WH1000XM3 will have some air leakage, but Sony WH1000XM3 is a headphone. Among in-ear active noise cancelling headphones, AirPods Pro may be the smallest and integrated The highest degree and the most complete function
4, running without worrying about falling, squat without worrying about pressing the neck. Its presence is much stronger than AirPods. You ca n’t expect to wear it for a long time like AirPods before. You will forget its existence. In fact, it will always support your ears to remind you of its existence. One advantage is that compared to AirPods, AirPods Pro is stronger and harder to drop. For sports-loving users, AirPods Pro will be more suitable for you.
1. Active noise reduction is the biggest difference between Pro and AirPods 2. AirPods Pro has three noise reduction modes, namely noise reduction on, off, and transparent mode. The official said that Apple ’s innovation in transparent mode, but I see other brands (Samsung, Sony) The headset also has a similar function.
2, AirPods Pro's noise reduction is not as good as Sony WH1000XM3 on-ear noise reduction headphones, but it is the best among real wireless headphones. As for how to achieve such an obvious noise reduction effect in such a small volume, I don't understand. The intuitive feeling is that the noise reduction effect is obvious.
3, I can feel quite quiet on the road, so it is strongly recommended to use noise reduction off or transparent mode on the road.
Sound quality 4 stars
The AirPods Pro's sound quality has not been significantly improved compared to the previous generation of AirPods
Summary: This is an excellent headset. If you value the noise reduction function more, it is suitable for you. But if you are more concerned about the sound quality and have no need for noise reduction, I suggest you buy AirPods 2, because AirPods 2 is cheaper. In addition, the charging box and headphones must not be lost, the official charging box and headphones accessories are expensive
With the iPhone 11 they introduced the new charging end (not the one that goes into the phone, the one that plugs into the cube then into the receptacle).
The AirPods pro comes with the same cable but no cube. This means if you don’t have an iPhone product you can’t charge these period. And the charging wire it comes with is worthless unless you’ve already bought an iPhone 11
Apple charges a ridiculous premium for their products. They should back it with the proper hardware
Top reviews from other countries
Don’t be fooled by the price tag.
They do not have the vents on the top for noise cancelation / transparency mode.