Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Shop Popular Services DrWho DrWho DrWho  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 309 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 365 reviews
on May 29, 2015
I've been a Windows user for as long as Windows has been around, and was a Microsoft user before that. An intern at my small business tried one of these $200 older MacBooks after her old Mac died and she needed a machine to use until her school provides her with one in the fall, and her successful experience and her coaching led me to try the same thing for my entry into the Mac world (I have an iPad that I love, so the decision was pretty easy, actually). Unfortunately, the first one that arrived had problems, but the vendor provided an expedited free return and replacement, and I am happy to say that the replacement works wonderfully. (I should add that the vendor for this used MacBook was BetaMacs, and that I was very impressed with their service and desire to make sure I was pleased with my purchase from them.)
I have been able to update the OS to the very latest version (Yosemite) despite the fact that this model was current in late 2009 and now it's mid 2015. I'm still getting used to the Apple OS -- and from what I've seen so far I really like it (and kick myself for putting up with Windows as long as I have). So far I've loaded Skype (need it to contact non-apple users), and share most other stuff with my iPad. It seems quite responsive -- I had expected a machine this old to be a little sluggish but it is not.
I'd say that this machine is perfect for any of the following purposes (1) an entry-level Mac -- the use I've put it to (2) a spare machine for a secondary location or an occasional user (3) a bridge machine before getting a fancy new model (4) something for summer use for a student whose school provides a Mac during the school year.
I can't comment on how adequate it is for performance-oriented work, like video editing (I'm not ready to try video on it yet), but I can say that I am very favorably impressed with this machine -- it is genuine "bang for the buck" for sure!!!
on April 13, 2015
Okay, so I pretty much was raised with a PC all my life. From Windows 97 to to the latest 8.1, I have laughed and cried.
Now that I'm in college and I needed a new laptop (my HP wasn't cutting it anymore) I decided that I wanted to try something new.
I saw laptop's that ranged from 50 dollars to 3,000. I was at a loss for words.
So, I checked my bank account, realized how poor I was and decided, if I was going to get anything, I needed to buy it used.
Then, I saw the new MacBooks, and realized how much I liked it. It was different.... I am different....we are destined to be together.
I looked at PcPro, who was selling for 250, and realized it was a steal, for a good battery, a chord, and the laptop altogether, so I bought it.
It arrived so early that I was surprised. I unwrapped it (It had so much bubble wrap, it made my day) to see how beautiful it was.
It looked like new, maybe a couple scuffs, but it was magnificent! I am typing on it right now, and I am still elated of how fast it got set up and the software I can have.
I definitely recommend buying this computer from PcPro. Now I just need to get a cool case!

5 STARS!
on July 19, 2015
speedy delivery 3 days after order. came through usps in complete working order. it upgraded to yosimite 10.10. has what you would call hair scratches on lid. had 2 dings on plastic top case in corners and small crack near the tracking pad. nothing like the one I bought my daughter from microcenter store near us. this machine seems to work perfectly. booted right up no problems. seems to have programs others are saying they cant include on theirs. has garage band and iTunes iwork worth the money from this seller value direct electronics. this machine is on low end with memory and hard drive but its completely upgradeable. next stop memory upgrade will go as much as 8GB of memory. came with new charger. still wrapped in tape. holding the 8 hour battery charge. was online through wifi yesterday for 8 hours. charged completely back up in an hour.from what im seeing the brand new ones are just as bare boned as this one needing upgrades.
on November 28, 2009

I made this video to hopefully add a little more life to the product.

Snow Leopard adds a lot more than I thought.

This is a great computer if you want to play with pics, surf the web, mess with your music collection.
This is not the Mac if you want serious processing power of lots of inputs to create a home network.
Look to a MacBook Pro or iMac for that.

I would have given it 5 stars if it had more inputs.
This is a pricy computer already, now I have to spend more to get adaptors.
I wish it was still available in black or you could opt for the non-glaze display.

I hope you enjoy the video, I had fun making it.
3838 comments| 380 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 25, 2016
It's a great laptop, came in a very good condition. Works as a charm:) A bit heavier than my last version of MacBook Pro but anyway it is fantastic! My daughter is so happy that finally it remembers all her school passwords and all the websites :) no glitches, no viruses, always recognizes wifi, thanks! By the way, the delivery was very fast and the seller is very nice and responsive:)

A short update: it came in a good condition, it was hard to charge though but for a while a new charger made a trick and it worked. Not now 2 months later-it is dead! Completely dead! I tried to email the seller but he acts like he doesn't see my email...However, we took our poor laptop to the Apple store and they concluded that it dead and old and the only one place will repair it and it will cost ruffly the same amount we paid for this laptop... Great news! Thanks for ignoring us! My daughter is stuck with her old Acer and unhappy as can be:(

Don't waist your money and don't buy ANYTHING FROM HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
on March 21, 2017
This is my first mac and so far I am very happy with it. Out of the box, it was extremely slow but I ordered extra memory for it and since then it has worked flawlessly. Mine cane with office and I am slowly learning mac. The only issue I can say is the laptop is really heavy compared to my other ones. I love the big track pad and multi-gesture navigating. I wish it had a touch screen and only 3 pounds but for a little over $200, I cannot complain.
on January 13, 2017
this macbook has been working very good for a while i think it just as good as new one in my opinion good for internet music pictures videos or even light video and photo applications i would recommend this
on March 17, 2013
I am enjoying my NO-Virus FAST processor. I don't have to worry about viruses, dragging videos, or weird blackouts. I have added lots more files to the memory, but the computer is behaving no differently. It feels powerful, acts powerful and does what its supposed to do. Apple is always updating and lets me know when updates to the operating system becomes available. Easy connection to Safari or other and makes my work so much easier. I don't get stuck waiting and waiting for downloads or waiting for ever thru reboots. So easy...so fast...and NO VIRUSES.
on November 14, 2016
This is a great computer! At first I was *very* concerned to buy something so old and seemingly outdated, but as soon as it arrived at my front door, I was in love! It arrived on time, works like any other up-to-date MacBook. It can run MacOS Sierra.

Pros.
It runs well.
It looks great.
It can run almost any updated software including GarageBand, Minecraft, Word, Powerpoint, and more.
Good condition.

Cons.
It does have minor scratches and a *little* bit of dirt on the bottom.
AC charger adapter broke in first week's use. (only like $5 to replace)
Needs more ram and an SSD to run to it's optimal ability.

Great over all! I recommend this! Don't waste a couple thousand on a brand new one, this can do almost all that the new ones can do.
on August 1, 2014
I was specifically looking for a white MacBook to match my all white bedroom and desk area but as we all know, it was discontinued.. Of course, Amazon is a haven for discontinued (but sorely missed) products. I ordered this MacBook after comparing prices all over and finally decided to go with this one. Upon receipt I noticed that the laptop was FILTHY. Not dirty, filthy. There was literally black dirt in every port on the side of the computer. Although I was going to give it a Clorox wipedown anyway, actually seeing clumps of dirt come off was unsettling. In the future, this seller should clean computers before sending them out, it's just a classier touch! As for the laptop itself, I couldn't be happier with its updates! The one I received actually has Microsoft Office installed already and the battery lasts about as long as a brand new laptop. No software complaints whatsoever! There were two small hairline cracks near the charger port but nothing heinous enough to send it back. Although the outside of the MacBook was filthy, the inside (programs, no trace of previous owner's information, updates) truly made up for that...