Industrial Deals Beauty Silent Corner STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services Paterson Paterson Paterson  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Final Fantasy XIV Shop Now STEMClub17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 314 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 370 reviews
on May 29, 2015
I've been a Windows user for as long as Windows has been around, and was a Microsoft user before that. An intern at my small business tried one of these $200 older MacBooks after her old Mac died and she needed a machine to use until her school provides her with one in the fall, and her successful experience and her coaching led me to try the same thing for my entry into the Mac world (I have an iPad that I love, so the decision was pretty easy, actually). Unfortunately, the first one that arrived had problems, but the vendor provided an expedited free return and replacement, and I am happy to say that the replacement works wonderfully. (I should add that the vendor for this used MacBook was BetaMacs, and that I was very impressed with their service and desire to make sure I was pleased with my purchase from them.)
I have been able to update the OS to the very latest version (Yosemite) despite the fact that this model was current in late 2009 and now it's mid 2015. I'm still getting used to the Apple OS -- and from what I've seen so far I really like it (and kick myself for putting up with Windows as long as I have). So far I've loaded Skype (need it to contact non-apple users), and share most other stuff with my iPad. It seems quite responsive -- I had expected a machine this old to be a little sluggish but it is not.
I'd say that this machine is perfect for any of the following purposes (1) an entry-level Mac -- the use I've put it to (2) a spare machine for a secondary location or an occasional user (3) a bridge machine before getting a fancy new model (4) something for summer use for a student whose school provides a Mac during the school year.
I can't comment on how adequate it is for performance-oriented work, like video editing (I'm not ready to try video on it yet), but I can say that I am very favorably impressed with this machine -- it is genuine "bang for the buck" for sure!!!
on September 25, 2016
It's a great laptop, came in a very good condition. Works as a charm:) A bit heavier than my last version of MacBook Pro but anyway it is fantastic! My daughter is so happy that finally it remembers all her school passwords and all the websites :) no glitches, no viruses, always recognizes wifi, thanks! By the way, the delivery was very fast and the seller is very nice and responsive:)

A short update: it came in a good condition, it was hard to charge though but for a while a new charger made a trick and it worked. Not now 2 months later-it is dead! Completely dead! I tried to email the seller but he acts like he doesn't see my email...However, we took our poor laptop to the Apple store and they concluded that it dead and old and the only one place will repair it and it will cost ruffly the same amount we paid for this laptop... Great news! Thanks for ignoring us! My daughter is stuck with her old Acer and unhappy as can be:(

Don't waist your money and don't buy ANYTHING FROM HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
on April 13, 2015
Okay, so I pretty much was raised with a PC all my life. From Windows 97 to to the latest 8.1, I have laughed and cried.
Now that I'm in college and I needed a new laptop (my HP wasn't cutting it anymore) I decided that I wanted to try something new.
I saw laptop's that ranged from 50 dollars to 3,000. I was at a loss for words.
So, I checked my bank account, realized how poor I was and decided, if I was going to get anything, I needed to buy it used.
Then, I saw the new MacBooks, and realized how much I liked it. It was different.... I am different....we are destined to be together.
I looked at PcPro, who was selling for 250, and realized it was a steal, for a good battery, a chord, and the laptop altogether, so I bought it.
It arrived so early that I was surprised. I unwrapped it (It had so much bubble wrap, it made my day) to see how beautiful it was.
It looked like new, maybe a couple scuffs, but it was magnificent! I am typing on it right now, and I am still elated of how fast it got set up and the software I can have.
I definitely recommend buying this computer from PcPro. Now I just need to get a cool case!

5 STARS!
on November 28, 2009

I made this video to hopefully add a little more life to the product.

Snow Leopard adds a lot more than I thought.

This is a great computer if you want to play with pics, surf the web, mess with your music collection.
This is not the Mac if you want serious processing power of lots of inputs to create a home network.
Look to a MacBook Pro or iMac for that.

I would have given it 5 stars if it had more inputs.
This is a pricy computer already, now I have to spend more to get adaptors.
I wish it was still available in black or you could opt for the non-glaze display.

I hope you enjoy the video, I had fun making it.
3838 comments| 381 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 20, 2015
Wow... an amazing price for a beautiful computer in fantastic condition- rated as 'excellent' but more like 'pristine'! Arrived well-packed, with clear login instructions, a receipt and warranty information all printed out. Included was a virtually new AC adapter and cord. Great variety of software applications and this MacBook came with OS X Mavericks installed.

I've been a Certified Apple Tech for over 14 years. I've thoroughly checked this laptop out since I unboxed it for our son this afternoon. This is absolutely the best refurbished experience I've had in 20 years of buying them. I would WHOLEHEARTEDLY recommend this vendor. This may be our first, but it will NOT be our last purchase from Gordy's Gadgets! A+++
on January 13, 2017
this macbook has been working very good for a while i think it just as good as new one in my opinion good for internet music pictures videos or even light video and photo applications i would recommend this
on March 21, 2017
This is my first mac and so far I am very happy with it. Out of the box, it was extremely slow but I ordered extra memory for it and since then it has worked flawlessly. Mine cane with office and I am slowly learning mac. The only issue I can say is the laptop is really heavy compared to my other ones. I love the big track pad and multi-gesture navigating. I wish it had a touch screen and only 3 pounds but for a little over $200, I cannot complain.
on October 15, 2015
I ordered the Apple MacBook MC207LL/A 13.3 inch. Mine came in 4 days with 8G Ram and 256 HD. This refurbished MAC is beautiful. No cracks or scratches. It works perfectly. Buying refurbished is the only way I am able to afford a MAC. I am very greatful for the excellent work and service this seller provides. The price was excellent and the Mac is perfect. When it comes time to get new laptops for our kids we will definitely buy from them!
on June 23, 2015
Disclaimer:
Not all of these laptops are from the same seller, So i can only comment on the one i got.

For the most part, The laptop is sleek, durable, aesthetically appealing, and they still make cases for it. If you can get one for 200 like i did, you'll be satisfied. I made some basic modifications. I upgraded the RAM to 8 GB and the Hard Drive to 2 TB and it runs great. Very satisfied with my purchase.
on May 6, 2015
The computer seemed to look fine on the outside. Just a few scratches from normal wear and tear. But when I opened the computer, it was absolutely filthy. It literally looked like someone had been eating over it. There were crumbs all over the keyboard and screen and also under the keyboard. I had to take it to the Apple Store to have them try to clean it out. Also, on top of the crumbs, there were also hairs all over it and some weird chocolate stains of some sort on the keys. There is also a pretty noticeable crack where the charger is supposed to be plugged in, which was not mentioned in the description. And if I hadn't installed my own hard drive and RAM, the computer would have been extremely slow, which is not something typical of a practically "new" computer. I tried updating the software and it took over an hour when the screen kept saying "24 minutes left." However, when I updated the software with my own hard drive and RAM installed, the whole update took about 15 minutes max. I am extremely dissatisfied with the condition that the computer was in when I received it and I will not be purchasing from this seller anymore.