Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Apple MacBook Air MC969LL/A 11.6-Inch Laptop (OLD VERSION)
Amazon Vehicles Back to School Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now

on December 9, 2011
Need only a wireless external HD , is a perfect computer. The OS X Lion is amazing fast and bwtter than your direct competitor.
on August 22, 2011
My first Mac was a IIfx desktop back in 1992. My first portable was a clunky great plastic model with black and white display. Good for its time it was not exactly lightweight. More recently I bought my first Intel powered Mac, a Macbook Pro. This is a fine machine but it is heavy in a solid, purposeful way, capable of doing just about anything I need to do. Unfortunately I fly a lot as part of my job and I was seriously thinking about an iPad to read e-mails and surf the web. But an iPad isn't completely compatible with my suite of software, so I looked into the Macbook Air (MBA) and fell in love with its simplistic design. Though I did worry about the lack of ports for older fire wire drives and the ethernet.

After owning the new MBA for a few weeks, and after getting used to Lion, I have to say this is the best computer I have ever owned. The quality of the 11.6 inch screen makes up for the smaller surface area, while I have already got used to the limited number of ports (and I have not even used the new Thunderbolt port yet).

Transferring everything over from the MBP was relatively straightforward. One or two lion-related issues remain and I do miss Lion's lack of Rosetta legacy software support. One piece of advice is to use the Migration Assistant for everything except your documents and then copy those using your back up drive. Since I use Superduper this was easy and much faster than by wifi.

128GB of storage is enough and I now store much of my data on separate Lacie Rugged Drives which suit my traveling lifestyle. The machine is very fast given its upgraded processor and the SSD drive access times.

All in all, this computer is a joy to use. It may appear to be expensive but when compared with other small laptops it works out about the same in the long run (my Macs usually have a life of four to five years and are then handed down to family members. Several G4s I used to own are still working today.

Light to carry, heavy on performance. A useful combination!
on March 9, 2013
It's the lightest computer that I ever had. Light weight, great function, small and easy to use in everywhere. I love it!
on October 15, 2011
Small, light, durable,powerful - everything I ever wanted in a laptop. With an i5 and a solid state hard drive, it runs circles around my brand new i7 Dell that work upgraded me to a few weeks ago.
on December 27, 2011
This is the best PC I've ever owned. It's as light as my old Dell Inspiron and the battery life is great! My only complaint is the goofy theme Apple uses for Windows. Looks nothing like the Windows I use at work.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 4, 2011
I've been waiting for the release of the new MBA with os x lion for a while and when i learned that it's already available in Amazon I ordered one right away. It's been a week since i had it. Delivery was quick which is good but while doing a research online, i learned that the one I have has the older slower SSD TS128C from Toshiba that Apple used in older notebook versions. New MBAs should have Samsung SSDs in my case it should be SM128C. I also noticed that the fan gets too loud when I'm on skype for more than an hour or when synching my iphone to iphoto. Not sure if it has to do with the old Toshiba SSD or its just the apps that i'm running but definitely wont settle for a new MBA with an old SSD. Will contact Amazon and see if I can have them replace my unit or just simply return it and buy one from the Apple Store so I can check the SSD right away. You may refer to this link for details - [...]
1010 comments| 20 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 27, 2012
It's very light, I can carry it in my bag anywhere.
At first moment, it takes some time to adjust to Mac Ox for me who used to windows.
But it is really convenient and beautiful.You will like it.
The disadvantage is, you can never read those tiny words unless you enlarge the screen.
on March 1, 2012
I love my Macbook Pro, but I wanted something smaller and lighter to carry with me. This is super light, super fast and as sleek as you can imagine. Beautiful without sacrificing functionality!
on December 10, 2014
The delivery came a couple of days early.
I bought the refurbished version. The laptop was in good condition. No visible scratches. It was well worth the price.
Very small and compact, perfect for a student.

The only thing is that the battery only lasts for about 3 or 4 hours, depending on what you're doing with it. But I just carry my charger around so it's not a big deal.

Overall, good buy.
on January 10, 2015
Great Computer for my 9 year old son. My only complaint is that it did not come with the original box or an instruction manual, but I was able to download the manual online.