Your Garage World Book Day STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Amazon's Choice Computers Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts Book House Cleaning Bosch Bosch Bosch  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 11-20 of 373 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 472 reviews
on April 9, 2017
I am glad I got this Mac! I had a problem with it within the first month I bought it. There was a system update and I did not get to finish updating because my Wi-Fi cut off. My files said that they were incomplete and could not be opened. I contacted the owner and they were able to respond to my emails right away. I had difficulty speaking with them back and forth because I felt that I was describing the same thing over and over. We came to the conclusion that I would just return the Mac and they will take a look at it.

I ended up not returning the Mac and just took it to a local computer repair shop since I needed the Mac for school. Once I got it back it was working perfect. I learned my lesson after that.

As far as the physical condition when I got it, since the product is refurbished, it had a few scratches and some dents but nothing too big.

This is the perfect laptop to take with you everywhere. It's very light and quiet.
on May 12, 2013
I love this laptop! I've had it for 2 months now and I'm still having fun with it. Had no problems switching from a PC to a mac even though I was a little nervous about it. I mostly use my MacBook Air for internet, music, movies, and email, nothing that requires a ton of computer, but I love how fast it boots up and loads everything. I will be using it for grad school in the fall so I'm happy with how light it is. I'll have no problem carrying it around in a shoulder bag to school and back.

I debated between the MacBook Air and some PC ultrabooks for some time. I thought the Air was too expensive to justify, but when I heard from friends how well it worked and how much they liked it, I decided to take the plunge and try it. I haven't regretted my decision and so far it seems well worth the money.
on December 23, 2012
I'm a former educator and used MAC desktop computers way back in the 90's. After I stopped teaching, I became accustom to PC's. When I bought my first iPad, I decided to give MAC's another try. I can't recall why I ever stopped using them. My best guess is the price. Now I'm hooked on MACs. My work computer is a PC and I don't even like using it anymore. I bought this MAC after I went back to school to get my doctorate degree. When school is in session and I have to travel for work, I carry my work laptop (because I have to) and my MAC just so I can complete my coursework and not have to use my work PC to do it. I won't get into all of the technical comparisons of MACs and PCs; others have already done that. I'll simply say that it's user friendly, easy navigation, the mouse pad is much better than those on PCs (I typically use an external mouse with PCs, but I only use the mouse pad with my MAC) and the keyboard is more comfortable.
on January 11, 2013
The computer worked great! Until we did a system update, and then we got the white screen of death. Lost some stuff we hadn't yet backed up (oops, my bad!) and took it in to the Apple store to get a new harddrive put in. Thankfully under warranty, because that sucker would have been almost $800 to replace!! This from a 6 month old computer?? For shame!

So, I was NOT happy about that. But, since the new harddrive was installed, and the Apple Genius people upgraded it to the latest OS while they were at it, I've been really happy with it. This was our first Mac (computer) purchase and I'm not 100% sure I would purchase a Mac again, mostly because of how bloody explensive they are, and yet for what I use it for, I can do the same things with a $400 PC. Email is still email on a Mac.....But you get stickers with it when you purchase, so there's that...
on August 10, 2012
I'm a longtime Apple Computer user. From the Macintosh in the early 80's, through the dogs of the late 90's. I thought my last MacBook was about as good as it gets, but this MacBook Air exceeds all expectations. To my mind 13" is about the optimal screen size. I do lots of spreadsheets and any thing smaller is impractical. It seems bulletproof. The battery easily lasts 6 hours...really haven't tried to see what the ultimate life is since 6 hours is a normal computer work day. I like the lighted keys and the keyboard. About my only complaint is the touch pad which I find has an annoying delay. My last MacBook utilized a trackpad that was a lot more sensitive. Perhaps all the new "gestures" that allow many operations to be performed directly from the pad are the reason. For my money, I'd prefer using custom function keys which are easily configured. All and all a spectacular machine! I purchased from Amazon for a $50 discount over Apple's price and no sales tax although shipping was about $13, if I recall correctly.
on August 23, 2013
There is not a computer on the market that can match the Macbook Air. It has an outstanding battery life, crazy fast speeds, and brilliant display.

I have owned PC after PC and they all pail in comparison to this beautiful machine.

Here are a couple of pros and cons:

PROS
- up to 12 hours of battery life
- incredible screen quality (mine displays better than my 24 inch HD work PC)
- quite and cool (no noisy fan always blowing and sending a wall of heat barreling towards your crotch)
- insanely fast (This is due to the 4 gigs of ram and the solid state drive)
- lightweight, yet sturdy

CONS
- lightweight (This is also a con because it does take some getting used to)
- No disk drive (This is easily fixed by purchasing a USB super drive or using dropbox)
- No way to add more ram or change the battery (This is really not a big deal to me. I am happy with the default setup)

The fact is eveytime I purchase a Mac, it ends up living for 6 to 8 years. Here is my equation for purchasing a computer:

Computer's Value = a
Computer's Lifespan = b
Total cost per year = c
a/b = c

I gave my last mac away at 7 years old and it lasted another year until a glass of water was spilled on it...

Equation: $1000/8

That comes out to $125.00 per year. Try that out with any P.O.S asus, acer, or hp brand you have owned and see if yours does better. I am going to make a guess: no.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 15, 2015
I had previously used PC's my entire life. this is a fantastic device. it has a short learning curve, meaning it doesn't take long to get the hang of things. Tough to be too critical of device. from a user ability stand point i am very pleased. If you are worried about using too much space up on the 128gb you can do what i do and store as much information (documents, photos) on iCloud. the only pain would be if you need a doc on iCloud and aren't near wifi. Quick start-up, quality battery and good visuals. All in all. I would never buy one brand new because just for the name apple you spend at least 2-3 hundred extra, but for a couple hundred dollars less you can get a used one that is just as good one referbed that (if done right) will work just as good as new. They, if treated right will last a long time.
on December 11, 2013
Great computer but the so called stellar battery life dies right about the time the warranty expired. I will be taking it to Apple tomorrow and see what they say. Right now I am lucky to get about 3 hrs use on a charge. One of the reasons I paid the extra money for an Apple product was for the battery life they are suppose to have. Since you can not replace the battery yourself you are kind of screwed after the one year warranty. May be American Express will help me out since they extend the MFG warranty by one year.

Got back from the Apple Store and it appears that I had several items that were auto loading and continually up-dating. This was causing a constant drain on the battery. Not sure how this happened. I will continue to monitor the battery life and see how it performs now.
on March 30, 2013
Another overpriced Mac laptop. yes, I love it. What else can I say?? I've had Mac products since 1986. I hate Apple consumer service, they treat everyone as if you are a moron since they are the nerds and you're not. Products are overpriced and warranties are worth nothing and you pay lots for it. So a few years back I bought another brand PC. It' s indestructible, I hate it. It's slow, cumbersome, heavy and S-L-O-W. So last year I bought the macAir and I love it. Only thing missing is a CDrom slot but I have a desk I-Mac so this is my 'other' computer. Oh and the battery holds power for hours and hours.
I love it. I'd love it more if it was cheaper, like $400 cheaper.
on October 26, 2015
I love this Mac but I hated what happened with it on arrival. Everything was perfect for the first three days then it wouldn't charge. I went to Apple and they changed the charger which didn't solve the issue. After a few days they changed a board which is next to the motherboard and the issue persisted. After a month they had to change the whole motherboard which was awful and it finally worked. I haven't had any problems since then but it was a pain to get Apple to replace my product because it was bought on Amazon.com and not on their website or stores. I suggest you just go and buy it directly from Apple to prevent any issues.