Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 699 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 835 reviews
on February 14, 2015
I have played with the idea of purchasing a Mac for the last year and I finally bit the bullet (and am happy of it.) I've gone through multiple PC's since last year with my most recent one being a Surface Pro 3. While I do love the Surface Pro 3, I didn't use it as a tablet as nearly as much as I thought I would so I wanted to go back to a laptop, but this time it was a Macbook Air.

The reason I didn't previously purchase a Mac was because I was worried about switching to a new operating system. My OS experience has been limited to Windows products. I didn't want to purchase a Mac and have to learn how to work it/not like this new OS layout.

I've had the Macbook Air for less than a week and it's absolutely fantastic. This worry about switching to a new OS had no basis and Apple's OS X is incredibly intuitive. It's not at all difficult to learn and I got it down on the first night. It's a little bit different having a dashboard like interface, but certainly one I prefer. The 4 GBs of RAM is plenty for any computing task I need to do and the 128 GB HD is plenty big. If you need extra storage, you can always use the SD Card Slot (I currently use a 64GB SD Card for my movies so they don't take up space on my HD.)

As for actual usability, I have had zero problems. Perhaps I would had a few years ago, but now anything that is available for PC is also available for Macs. I absolutely love being able to send iMessage/SMS from my computer and I didn't realize how convenient it would be until I could do it. The keyboard types incredibly nice and alongside being backlit, the keys are spaced out wonderfully (opposed to the Surface Pro 3 TypeCover I had.) The touchpad responds great and it has multiple different touch features (swiping and so forth.) The Macbook Air is incredibly light (hint the name) and it's already traveled with me to work. It has sufficient ports, the ThunderBolt/DisplayPort works great for an external monitor, and is an all around fantastic computer. If you're worried about switching to OS X from Windows 7/8 don't worry about it, it is an easy transition and you'll love your new OS.
22 comments| 62 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 9, 2016
I have had Apple and Windows computers and laptops. However, when my Toshiba didn't even last more than a year, my husband got me the Macbook Air. It didn't take long to get used to an Apple again. The only drawback is that I wish I could play a Sims game I recently got for my birthday but the graphics sadly cannot handle it. The computer comes with good basic programs for everyday use. The speakers are lacking but other than that, wonderful for writing, basic use, and graphics. I do graphic design, writing, and photography and it has served me well. 4.5 stars is more accurate. It's been over a year so at least it's more durable than the last laptop I had.
on November 19, 2014
Bought for my girlfriends 18th birthday and she loves it. I am not an apple fan at all, I pretty much only use android/linux/pc, but it is a decent little machine. Steam games run flawlessly, screen quality is equal to my Acer c720 chromebook, as is the speaker quality, which makes me wish it were a little less since my chromebook was $200, but performance wise this thing kicks some ass. The i5 processor and 4gb ram makes this little thing zip and multi-task like nobody's business. You can open endless tabs in chrome without lag, like i said any steam game i threw at it ran on ultra/high settings without a hiccup. I'm almost positive this could run any program or game you could run on a macbook pro, just might not look quite as good! Keyboard feel is great. The fact that the thing is built completely out of aluminum is great, and my girlfriend loves it which is all that matters. I'll stick with what I like, but if you are a apple fan this is a really good buy if you can afford the 900 bones for it! Also, make sure you wear pants while using it, it is aluminum...and gets very cold lol.
on December 16, 2014
I've had the product for a couple months now and I can honestly say I am impressed. Now I have been using a Windows OS for most of my life so switching to a mac can cause some difficulties. For a college student and programmer like myself this an excellent introductory mac for an on-the-go person. I wanted a light computer easy to take with me that still had some solid power to it. For more serious programmers I imagine a macbook pro would be more ideal, but I can assure you this thing can handle a broad range of programming languages and applications. Still that does bring up another issue which is macs still get left out in the cold when it comes to more familar programming software, such as Visual Studio being one great example of what I consider to be a brilliant web design application. The mac's exclusiveness is a double edged sword as it makes it more desirable, but not necessarily as user-friendly as it could be. Yes, it does have work-arounds to this problem, but they seem excessive.

So that's just a little gripe I have, but overall going back to the physical aspects of this model, it is light and small. I mean I knew it was the smaller model and I read the specs, but actually holding it in my hands was a shock to realize how small and light it is. However, I like that as I grew tired of lugging around my old laptop. I also like the keyboard lighting up to see all the characters, the screen is good and comes with a built in cam, the mouse sensitivity to different fingers is a great feature, and I must admit I dropped it on a wooden floor without a single scratch on it, so it has some durability despite its petiteness. For a first-time macbook I'd say a great experience. In the future I may upgrade to the pro, but for now this satisfies all my needs.
on December 6, 2014
Best computer in the world. Is there anything else to add? Maybe. It obviously sounds very portable, right? I mean, it's 11 inches! It's 2.38 pounds! And guess what? It is the definition of portability! Buy a small bag designed for the Air and you can take this baby anywhere at any time without the hassle of weight. This is the best $800-900 you will ever spent, at least until the newer Air comes out, of an even better product by Apple. At the moment, however, this is the best investment (yes, it's an investment).
on July 11, 2014
This is my baby. After going through two other netbook wanna-be's, this is now my travel computer. It's almost as fully featured as my MacBook Pro so I have no issues with tiny screens, microscopic keyboards or toy operating systems. Extremely well built, light as a feather with awesome battery life.
on August 9, 2015
I am using this product right now and I love it. I purchased this product 10 months ago. I remember it came in nice packaging, just like if I had bought it at the apple store. Highly recommend the Macbook Air. It is so light and portable. The laptop I had before was the Macbook Pro and there is a big difference in the weight. I'm excited to see the kinds of products that are released in the next 5-10 years. Hopefully we will quickly get to the point where these products will be as light as paper.
on February 6, 2017
I decided to get smaller and more portable computer compared to my macbook pro era 2010. This sleek and lightweight computer is faster and easier to travel with. I'm absolutely in love with it from the battery life to the full sized keyboard. The only issues I have with this used model would be that the function key seems to not work, and the hinge is quite loose. Both of these are easy fixes and honestly for the price I'm not in the least bit set back or upset. If you've been looking to make a seamless transition that wont put a dent in your financial accounts I highly suggest this computer.
on August 4, 2015
I've had this Mac for almost a year now and it has been taken in to Apple twice before the warranty is up. Needless to say I will be buying the extended warranty because I can't afford to fix the things that may go wrong in case something else happens. I had to take off a star for the repairs to the internal speakers and the camera conking out, they also replaced the battery but all-in-all, it efficient and speedy. I do a lot of writing and it maintains all of that well. I also have a lot of music and the sound quality is amazing on this thing. I'm an Applehead and have the Mini, TV and 5 and Air, all working seamlessly together.
on December 6, 2014
I love this computer, so light weight even with a case. Downloading to Yosemite was super quick (comparison to my old Macbook Pro that took over a day). At first I was concerned that the slant of the computer would be weird for typing but it's not noticeable (especially not with a case). Love it!