Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM $34.99 for a limited time only Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

on March 10, 2017
Wonderful laptop! This was a gift for my grandson and he just loves it. He is very happy with it and has nothing but good things to say about it. It did arrived in great shape and on the date that it was promised for delivery.
on February 24, 2014
This computer is the second favorite gadget I've ever owned behind my first iPod Touch. There's just a novelty and a fondness to everything that I could do with that little iPod that I'll not soon forget. With that, this little laptop is more capable than any other computer that I have ever owned. It only weighs about a half a pound more than an iPad 2 and gets 2 more hours on a charge (12 hours) thanks to the Haswell processor that was introduced with the mid-2013 update. This is also my very first Mac and it couldn't be a better choice. I can't say enough about this machine!
on April 14, 2014
I don't usually write reviews, but after owning this laptop for a bit over 6 months I felt compelled to give it the glowing review it deserves. This is simply a fantastic machine.

Pros:
Speed! With the SSD, everything is so snappy and waking up the laptop is virtually instantaneous.
Trackpad is second to none. Make sure to configure custom gestures for common tasks.
Battery life is absurdly long under normal use conditions. After 6 months I'm still getting 8+ hours per charge.
Great looking screen with high brightness.
Lightweight while still feeling really solid & sturdy.
OS X is a pro for me.

Cons:
Bigger SSD is unjustifiably pricey.
Speakers are just okay.
on December 30, 2013
Finally I overcame my fear of moving away from windows, and there is not a day regretting why I didn't make that decision earlier. Honestly I used to compare prices of windows based laptops like ASUS versus mac and to consider only the hardware specs, but I had totally forgot the true meaning of laptop... then when I considered the mental pressure of the heat boiling up my finger tips and the processor noise tearing up my ears, I discovered the self-abnegation I had long endured for just a couple of dollars less. Long story short, don't get fooled by seemingly similar hardware specs of windows based laptops of much lower price, there is a lot more you can't think of, but when you find something with those unthinkable factors, you know it's the one to stick to forever
on January 20, 2014
Not only does this computer feel well built, the battery lasts as long as an iPad. I am amazed how I only have to charge it once a week for normal browsing.

If you are stuck on picking between a MacBook Pro or MacBook Air, just ask yourself if you really ever watch physical DVDs anymore...it's not worth it.

Computer boots in around 11 seconds, the flash hard drive is killer fast. Some may say the 128 GB is small, however I no longer really keep stuff on my hard drive due to iTunes Match and iCloud, and you can always insert a large SD card for additional storage.

In regards to the 4 GB of RAM, think about the fact that the computer has a solid state hard drive, which it uses for virtual memory. 4 GB RAM may not sound like much, but having a wicked fast solid state drive for virtual memory will not make it feel like a Mac Mini with 4 GB RAM. I have 16 GB in my Mac Mini and my MacBook Air is faster.
on January 8, 2014
Since I can remember, I've always wanted a MacBook whether it was the Pro and Air, I wasn't that bothered which.

When I was given this present for Christmas, I was so happy that I'd got a MacBook, and again I wasn't really that bothered if it was the Pro or the Air.

The one thing that I was a tad confused about was, that one minute my battery said I had 11 Hours left, and one the next minute it goes straight down to 9 Hours, but I seem to have figured out why that happens now!
Also, if I close the lid and come back to it later without pressing 'Sleep' or 'Shut Down', it seems to take a while for me to be able to type in my password to come back onto my Computer, but again, I feel that I have sorted that out now also.

So all in all, I think this is a great computer and i'm glad that I got it for Christmas from my parents, but I felt that some things could be improved but nothing that caused me to make a hassle over it.
on September 9, 2013
Well after looking into some new replacement computers... this seemed to be the ideal one for me.
MacBook Air is everything it claims to be; portable, light, fast (really fast; loading, wifi, shutdown and startup) and best of all with the Solid-State drive it is quiet as can be and never gets hot.

What really sold me was the battery life and overall price for the product.

As a prime member i got free 2 day shipping and received it in 25 hours of ordering.

EDIT: JUNE 4, 2017; Still an amazing computer, I have NEVER had an issue with it... I'm almost afraid to upgrade eventually.
on June 7, 2017
The only way I could tell my laptop was refurbished and not new was that the charging cable had some wear and tear. The laptop it self was in great condition and has been working fine ever since I got it a few months back.
on February 9, 2014
started on Mac notebook, then the Mac pro and finally this one. Though It has no CD rom, the ethernet port and has smaller hard disk space and smaller ram memory, the convenience of carrying this when you travel is priceless. This and a mini iPad and you have a perfect way to travel. As in any mac, you have to purchase all the softwares and cannot transfer old purchases (word for mac, adobe etc.) which I found was quite an expensive endeavor consider you now have 3 laptops with individual software. Thus, before buying a mac you prefer, consider its weight specially if you travel as this laptops are your carry ons. the rest of the missing component can be bought thru their store or online (portable cd rom thats mac compatible, an ethernet adapter thru mac port ..there is a name for it which i forgot, and a portable HD or usb with high capacity.
on July 5, 2014
My HP Mini 311-103NR started to give me problems so I decided to get a new laptop. I've always had a Windows based PC and decided to switch things up and give Apple a try. I was set on getting a MacBook Pro until I went into a big box store and held a MacBook Air in my hand. I couldn't believe how incredibly light it was and how quickly it powered on. Buying an Apple product is like giving them your mortgage payment so I went with the Air. It gives you some of the similar things that the Pro gives you, but at a cheaper price. Coming from Windows, I found it very easy to use the MacBook Air. I also love how the Air gives me about 10 hours of battery time. I'd definitely say that this is the smartest computer choice I've made in a while.