Industrial Deals HPC Design the future with O'Reilly Media Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM Limited time offer Handmade Last Minute Gifts Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Assassin's Creed Origins Shop Now HTL17_gno

on June 28, 2017
 Update: It is unusual that the MacBook Pro would go unconscious several times in a row (that I just so happen to catch on camera). This narcolepsy happens totally at random and abruptly. I knew about it in the first few weeks, but I didn't return it. I am sure the seller knew about and is why it was selling it with **free upgrades**. That's a hard thousand dollar lesson.

Was very excited to get this MacBook Pro.
When I got it, it was missing the Dedicated Graphics (Nvidia GT 750), but discovered a 2.3Ghz upgrade could be either IG or DG. So Bummer. It does have a very nice 2k screen, but the machine is so heavy and slick that it frequently slips off my lap. That means I usually have it on a desk. Then I noticed how the keyboard was wore out and that the "secondary mouse" click didn't work so I have to constantly press and hold the Ctrl key with the "primary mouse" click to get context menus.

Worse of all was discovering the Notorious NARCOLEPSY problem. The MacBook Pro will pass out without notice with or without it plugged in (regardless of battery level) and only a hard power on will resume it. But oddly after power-on it returns to its former state (as if woken up from computer sleep). It seems this is an uncurable condition. Luckily Amazon says I am still in the returnable time period. So don't believe the hype of Apple Products "It just works".
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 13, 2014
Solid Laptop, i was concerned about the 2.0 processor for gaming, i have windows 8 duel booted via bootcamp and i can play battlefield 4 everything low settings and a slightly lower frame size than 1920x1080, and the laptop get's pretty damn hot, i use a laptop fan underneath idk how much it helps, Other people on you tube play metro last light with this aswell and keep in mind this is with IRIS Pro Graphics...

anyway over all I love the OSX interface i use it for music production/artwork/video and boot into windows for gaming needs, If i had the money though i would have saved a little longer and got one of the ones with the Nvidea 760 dedicated graphics just so i could enjoy games like battlefield 4 a little more when im on the go....and to be honest Windows 8 runs great on the ssd or flash, if u really just want a gaming laptop i would go with the lenovo YS50 ultimate, still has retina display and a way better graphics processor and everything will still load like butter just make sure you have a nice sized SSD or Flash hard drive....

mac osx handles things way different from windows and will take some getting use to for an avid windows user but over all this laptop is a good investment if you can find it refurbished or used like new and dont get it with 256gb flash if u plan on gaming more gb hard drive the better !
on May 22, 2014
Very simply a fantastic computer. I bought this as a birthday present for my wife. She was using a four year old Mac Book Pro that had been a workhorse for her business and personal computer needs.
With Apple sometimes it is hard to discern the magnitude of the upgrades to their hardware when your old Mac is doing fine. However, the quality of the meticulous construction is apparent when you compare side by side.
The weight difference and depth of screen acuity is stunning. They look the same but after the obvious you notice the speed difference immediately running Mavericks.
With a larger hard drive and screaming speed we have been very happy with this purchase!
on April 7, 2017
2017 Apr, still working perfect, some keys on keywords are totally erased, same happens with all my macs before this, letter A and S are totally erased.
on March 13, 2014
I've owned several apple laptops over the years, all of which I've been very happy with, and this laptop is no exception. While obviously on the higher end price-wise, I think this laptop is worth the money so far. It is beautifully designed, fast and has all the hardware features that I wanted. The retina display is something else. I wasn't expecting it to be a drastic difference from my last MacBook, but the retina display is noticeably much better. It comes pre-loaded with OS X Mavericks, which is great, though not massively different from previous versions of OS X. The only thing this laptop is lacking is a touch screen, which is becoming more and more an industry standard on laptops. If Apple is your thing and you're willing to spend a little more, then I would recommend this laptop for you.
on November 19, 2017
I live in Argentina and bought this computer because I visited New York. The machine i s broken. The battery doesn't charge. I can use the computer only with the cable. I need i refund for this.
on July 14, 2014
As with all Mac products, this is yet another great computer. Whether you're a student, business professional, multimedia person, or just a regular consumer looking for their next personal computer, this is it! The screen is simply beautiful. Reading text is like you're reading a book - you can't distinguish pixels, even if you get your eyes an inch away from the screen. Also, the design of the computer is sleek and surprisingly thin. The computer is also really fast. I'll play games once in a while, use intensive programs such as Photoshop and movie editing software, etc., and I am very impressed with its performance. I wouldn't consider the lack of an optical drive a con, because you can simply buy an external drive if you need it that badly (I can't remember the last time I used an optical disc on my computer).
on March 22, 2014
This is the second Pro Retina we have bought. The other one has been running for a year without any issues. This one looks like it's built the same way. The display on these is just amazing. If you have never seen one, you will have a tough time believing just how good it is. I have other laptops and displays with "high resolution" mentioned as a feature. This one is in a whole different league. I spent a lot of time with 17" MacBook's. The screen on this is good enough that I don't miss them.

If you are shopping for a laptop, it's either this or the MacBook Air. This one is heavier and faster. The Air is *so* nice to carry (yes got one of them as well).
on September 18, 2015
It’s a great product and with excellent quality. I received it very quickly. I bought this product to replace the current product I’m using in the same category and I must say that it definitely does the job better than I ever would’ve thought. Packaging, materials are all top notch and above my exceptions. I found this product by accident and decided to give it a shot and I couldn’t be happier. It’s lightweight and durable. I don’t believe I will be switching products anytime soon. If you’re contemplating on buying this product I’d definitely give it a shot, I don’t think you will be disappointed!
on June 21, 2014
The macbook pro 15" is a great fit for me. Normally I wouldn't go with an apple computer, but since I am going into graphic design it seemed to be more compatible and user friendly for the programs I will be using. This computer is great all around with its high hd pixel screen, lighted keyboard (I had never had one before), and fast RAM. The only downfall of the macbook pro 15" is that it does not come with a cd player. This is possibly something that I overlooked when reading about it, but I was surprised to find out it didn't have one when I received it. Overall though the Macbook Pro 15" is a great computer that most anyone would love to have. It is a little expensive, but if you are looking for a computer to be creative on then this is the way to go.