Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Shop Popular Services DrWho DrWho DrWho  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 124 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 165 reviews
on June 18, 2014
What can I say that haven't been said already…this macbook pro is awesome and super fast…right now I’m playing Diablo 3 and quake and work with Adobe Lightroom for my pictures and no problem. I also have an iMac and due to my life stile change I have in a storage for now….that is the main reason why I have to go and grab a laptop. If you love quality and reliability, this is your computer.
review image
on April 7, 2017
2017 Apr, still working perfect, some keys on keywords are totally erased, same happens with all my macs before this, letter A and S are totally erased.
on April 24, 2014
arrived as two cutting boards packed together; no computer! Received $$ back but no shipping cost!
on February 11, 2014
I am adding to my review below. I have received a replacement computer and it had defects. it came packaged in a very funky manner. These are not new. Apple will not service this in a store.

I just purchased this machine. I am about to return it. I agree with every criticism posted in the review by another customer, Jay, which afforded this machine two stars. Here is my response to his review, which I am copying below. I am adding a couple of complaints which I would like to preface by saying that I wanted to LOVE this machine. It is so disappointing in some very key ways (which includes the feel of the keys!) that I am reluctantly returning it. A very disappointing outing by Macintosh. I have owned them since 1989 and I have three currently. I have always been a fan., though this experience has given me pause. I do love a couple of things about it. The sound from the speakers is significantly improved and of course, the display is lovely, if you have reason to take advantage of it.

My response to the 'other' two star review.

I am surprised that you did not add to your list:

1. The positioning of the on/off button above the delete button results in my often shutting the computer off 'by mistake.' It's a poor design. If you google the problem you will find that it is not my 'poor fingers' that are causing the problem. It is a well documented design flaw. As well, I have to agree that the keyboard is utterly disappointing for the very reasons you note. There are other quirks associated with Maverick that are annoying as well, not to mention the lack of software response to the retina display. I have been using Macs since 1989 (!) and I often own up to three at once, which is the case now. I use them for work. Considering the expectations and hype on this machine, the downsides I'm afraid, speak to Macintosh going the way of many great companies - down.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the price, December 24, 2013
By Jay
This review is from: Apple MacBook Pro ME293LL/A 15.4-Inch Laptop with Retina Display (NEWEST VERSION) (Personal Computers)
Let me preface my review by saying, I own this machine. I am not one to write a scathing review for an Apple product just because it's an Apple product. I have an iPhone 5, an iPad Mini with Retina Display and this laptop. You can check my other reviews and see that I say plenty of good things about Apple products and accessories.

That being said, this laptop is not worth the asking price. No doubt, it boasts highest specs in the consumer laptop market at the moment. However, there are some critical flaws:

1) Creaking noise: As mentioned by some of the other reviewers, this laptop is full of creaks. Whether because the chassis is so thin or because the bottom cover of the laptop is not screwed in tight enough, there is enough creaking to annoy even the least OCD person. The creaking is strictly a problem of aesthetics, but when you're plunking down an equivalent of a downpayment for a car, you should expect quality befitting the price.

2) Retina-ready apps: Despite being on the market for over a year, there's still abundance of non-retina ready apps and websites that make you just want to rip your hair out. I'm working for a company that uses a JAVA Applet, and the application just looks bad every time I use it. Even Microsoft Office 2011, which supposedly is retina ready, has some elements which haven't been completely redesigned for the MacBook Pro with Retina Display.

3) Performance: Even with the new Haswell processor and the IRIS integrated GPU, there are lags present in many website (Gmail scrolling...).

4) Screen Brightness: One of the first things i've noticed with this laptop is that the brightness is well below most high-end laptops in the market. I googled to see if anyone else noticed the same thing, and sure enough, I read an article that said that the brightness in the MBPr has been reduced by as much as 20% from the MBP in the past in part due to battery life...

5) Battery Life: Which brings me to another annoyance with the MBPr: lackluster battery life. Despite the new Haswell processors sipping power, the battery life is hardly any better than the MBP 13" 2011-2012 that my sister has.

6) They keyboard has low travel. That is, when you press on a particular key, you kind of want that solid push/feel. It's a feedback that tells you, yes, you did indeed press the key. Compared to MacBook Pro Classic or even the MacBook Air, the keys on the MacBook Pro Retina doesn't push down as low. I had a hard time the first few days of using this laptop, but I've gotten used to it so I suppose it's not a huge issue.

-----

Don't get me wrong, this is a powerful machine that rivals almost any other laptop in the market. I'm going to keep using it until its wheels fall off. I only want to warn potential buyers that there are issues with the laptop which you should know about before pressing that yellow Add to Cart button.
on December 16, 2013
This is the best machine money can buy. Don't settle for the smaller 13 inch version. You'll lose sleep and be thinking about this computer. It's faster and just down right dominant. It's worth the extra money to shell out and get what you deserve. A quality product that will last several years than that Dell or Sony you just bought on sale over Black Friday.
on April 5, 2014
don't buy if you have a 3-4 year old macbook pro,screen the same software the same speed the same, thinner YES but so what same weight no dvd/cd in the new one,some new usb 3 outlets and a hdmi, save your money if you have an older macbook pro
on April 25, 2014
I had my 2nd MBP for 6 years -- about twice as long as any other computer I've owned. I'm a manufacturing guy by trade and experience. I love the manufactured quality rather than the cheap plastic junk sold by others. Of course, the computer aspects are the reason we buy these things: Retina Display is quite amazing -- beautiful dense color; the flash-based storage makes the computer boot and respond very quickly. Applications seem to be very snappy compared to their counterparts on my 2008 MBP. When they get an affordable Terabyte of flash memory in one of these things, they'll really have something. The speed is exceptional and the boatload of fully functional on-board apps makes the computer totally capable out of the box. I knew it only had 256Gb of flash drive going in and I'm dealing with it, but, for me, that is the only downside. BUT that much memory does not invite much use of the iTunes store (especially in the video departments) and I find that a little ironic.
on March 10, 2014
I really like having a new machine but I don't like having to buy all new connectors or a new projector. Research I did before buying proved to be false along with all the search inquiring about thunderbolt to vga adapter. No such thing as far as I can tell.
on October 13, 2014
Solid Laptop, i was concerned about the 2.0 processor for gaming, i have windows 8 duel booted via bootcamp and i can play battlefield 4 everything low settings and a slightly lower frame size than 1920x1080, and the laptop get's pretty damn hot, i use a laptop fan underneath idk how much it helps, Other people on you tube play metro last light with this aswell and keep in mind this is with IRIS Pro Graphics...

anyway over all I love the OSX interface i use it for music production/artwork/video and boot into windows for gaming needs, If i had the money though i would have saved a little longer and got one of the ones with the Nvidea 760 dedicated graphics just so i could enjoy games like battlefield 4 a little more when im on the go....and to be honest Windows 8 runs great on the ssd or flash, if u really just want a gaming laptop i would go with the lenovo YS50 ultimate, still has retina display and a way better graphics processor and everything will still load like butter just make sure you have a nice sized SSD or Flash hard drive....

mac osx handles things way different from windows and will take some getting use to for an avid windows user but over all this laptop is a good investment if you can find it refurbished or used like new and dont get it with 256gb flash if u plan on gaming more gb hard drive the better !
on January 20, 2016
You will not get a mac book pro. You'll get 2 bottles of H2O.